Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 What am I supposed to do with this Kundalini?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nic

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  1:29:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello friends,

My kundalini has recently awakened in a rather slow process. For months I experienced "tail wagging" and had an experience where electricity went through my arms in the middle of the night. Also I had a dream of being chased my a komodo dragon and the next day I was very depressed and talking to the universe saying I give up on enlightenment because even sometimes I notice that the enlightened suffer. I figured whats the point then I suddenly was no longer "Nicole" I was an ancient dragon. I heard "You are 1 of 9" I felt this for several minutes then experienced what I think was a past life. I was this very strong vulnerable innocent female holding my dragon heart with such gratitude. That was the best experience of my life and I wonder if this will be the outcome I will experience in the end of this process..feeling this dragon heart always.

Last week I was venting again to the universe and that triggered heat to leak out of my spine. Now I feel hot slithers in my heart, waist, arms, and legs. Sometimes I get spikes of heat in my lower back that turns cold.

I was in doubt about this that I could never experience a kundalini awakening but now that I have accepted that this really is happening. I wonder what is the use and the point of this? What is the end result. I had been led to believe for a while that the kundalini helps to silence the mind but that doesn't seem like the case.

I also notice that I have an urge to repel many practices. Its like I don't want to do anything to move the energy and I don't know if I should. I want it to be natural. Yet I would like this process to go along a bit quicker. Its so subtle that I grow fearful that I will never get to experience the kriyas, void, electricity etc. To me this is incredibly exciting, it is very easy for me to submit and be openly vulnerable to this energy and in a way thats why I feel it picked me because I surely didn't actively try to spark it.

Now that is truly sinking in, its really hitting me that this is for life. Its like having a baby, but a baby that is way more intelligent than you. From your perspectives how long do you think it will take for me to start really noticing changes in my mind and body? Does the kundalini even help the mind or does it just make you feel Ecstasy at random times? I still don't fully understand the point in this life long process as in why its here and how is it different from the regular ascension process- thats the journey I felt like I was on for the past 7 months and now I am living with this beautiful mystery.

I'm sorry if this is a lot and that I pose many questions. I"m still in shock and the idea of the responsibilities entailed within this journey is making me worry.

Kind regards,

Nic

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  2:30:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi :)

Your intuition is already on point.
Kundalini is an evolutionary process, a starting point into like you say a beautiful lifelong mystery.
First thing the mother does is starting to clear out the stored impressions in your body/mind.
This will often be released in dreams but also the body will experience things like kryas and so on.
The easiest way is to become a detached observer and let the energy do its thing and not trying to interfere.
As you already mentioned it is the intelligence of the universe, the universal mother.
One lesson I learnt the hard way is to never push the energy
You have to find out yourself what and if any practice are beneficial.

David Spero has great videos on explaining what Kundalini is and what she does:
https://youtu.be/VDa6nScKbKo
https://youtu.be/Z_Ux7XF7BvA

Edited by - jean on Mar 05 2017 4:27:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  4:06:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Nic

You don't mention a meditation practice, so if you don't have one you should start one. I highly recommend the free lessons here at AYP (left side menu : "Start Lessons Here"). You need to balance awakened energy with access to the inner silence within you for a smooth awakening. Energy coursing through your "unpurified" system will cause you a lots of needless complications. Even if you decide not to practice the lessons here, reading through them will give you a handle on how the process of kundalini awaking unfolds.

Do you meditate or practice any kind of yoga?
Go to Top of Page

nic

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  4:19:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was going to practice kundalini yoga and meditate twice daily for 20 minutes focusing on the breath. Does this sound sufficient enough? I'm open to suggestions.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  5:47:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Deep Meditation, which uses a mantra, is more potent than favoring the breath in meditation. However, favoring the breath is advised for those who are too sensitive to the mantra, so it could be a good option. On another note, the breath can be used to regulate the energy evenly throughout the spine using Spinal Breathing Pranayama, which is done separately from meditation, and shouldn't be confused with easily favoring the breath.

Easily favoring the mantra or the breath will result in a refinement of the mantra or the breath, whichever you choose as your object of soft focus during meditation. More stillness.

Using the breath in coordination with loose awareness while sweeping up and down the central channel of the spine will energize and balance your body. More ecstasy.

Both Deep Meditation and Spinal Breathing are completely natural. We call it active surrender. (As Dogboy said, make sure you read the lessons).

The trajectory is: Silence before ecstasy, and then the merging of silence with ecstasy. That is the way.

AYP is not esoteric at all. We are geared towards the average householder who must maintain worldly responsibilities (family, work, children, socialization, recreation, and much more). All these practices are meant to enhance and enrich daily life in a way that is perpetual and lasting. For this reason, we do not regard kundalini as something completely mystical or mysterious. Kundalini is best experienced and known through normal experiences of interacting with peers in the outer world. The inner world becomes unified with the outer world, as it is meant to be.

Your dragon heart is meant to be integrated into a smooth flow of daily living, which draws upon your natural talents to contribute to society in whichever way you please. This is freedom. It's already happening. AYP is merely a good resource to fine tune and accelerate one's progress along the path. Self-pacing is our cornerstone. We don't proclaim final attainments of enlightenment, whether that be on the level of energy or stillness. We just keep living and becoming outpourings of divine love, stillness in action, and unique fragments of ecstatic bliss.

Happy trails.
Go to Top of Page

nic

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  7:36:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much Bodhi Tree. I tried the mantra meditation and read through some of the lessons. It's been a great help and has brought me back down to Earth.

:D
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  8:17:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful, Nic! By the way a kundalini yoga class is geared toward awakening kundalini, so perhaps it's better to start with a beginner's or gentle/restorative yoga class first. I am not sure how familiar you are with the asana poses, but this is a good way to learn the basics. Asanas are another good tool is aligning your body with the energy, but know that aggressive asanas, such as ashtunga, can excite energy too much.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  8:35:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum, nic.Good advices already.

With practices,life changes in beautiful ways.

Wishing you the best.

Sunyata

Go to Top of Page

nic

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  10:05:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Dogboy and Sunyata. I will look into the asana yoga,I don't really know much about that. As of now it feels like the majority of the energy is in my stomach area and hips,so I was going to start out with some yin yoga to hopefully release that tension.

You're all so helpful btw its incredibly uplifting!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000