Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Hello I'm new to this forum
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Uma

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2016 :  1:14:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Uma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

I'm just making my first post and looking around and saying hello. I put two links in my profile that tell more about me. I am not new to meditation or yoga but I am a lifelong learner who is always curious about other perspectives and techniques (same as my Sadguru Sri Vasudeva who is a Siddha Yogi from Trinidad). I was glad to find this forum because it seems so open to all views and doesn't proselytize.

Any advice on how to get my feet wet on this forum?
Any special do's and don'ts I need to be aware of?

Peace, love, light,
Uma

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2016 :  7:44:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Uma to the forum,

Read the lessons, ask questions if you have any, and help others if you can share something of value. That should set you on this new exciting journey.
Go to Top of Page

Uma

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2016 :  02:04:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Uma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't realize this forum was set up to endorse the books.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2016 :  03:03:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's set up for a variety of purposes:
-as a supplement to the main lessons and the books
-as a place to report firsthand experiences along the way
-for asking questions related to AYP practices and principles
-to facilitate meetings and gatherings, such as retreats and meditation groups
-to maintain a high standard of open-source knowledge sharing for the sake of global enlightenment, and beyond

Stillness in action. An outpouring of divine love. Ecstatic bliss. Self-pacing. Gradual progress. Daring to dream. Baseline with modifications.

These are some of the trademark qualities of AYP that will become more apparent as we expand the network and greet the mainstream with tidings of comfort and joy. It's a slow-rolling snowball that's acquiring traction and momentum. It's a tidal wave, a benevolent tsunami, a friendly tornado, an affectionate hurricane. You dig?

Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2016 :  06:59:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Uma, welcome.

AYP is a simple yet powerful open source approach to yoga, no ashrams or gurus needed for that is found within as your practice integrates over time. This forum is geared mainly to support one another on this AYP journey, to share our supplemental practices, struggles, experiences, and effects the yoga has in and on our lives. One doesn't have to practice AYP to participate but should respect the focus and guidelines of the forum. There is a wealth of information, viewpoints, history, and experience here so indulge yourself it a site search. Be respectful, have fun!
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2016 :  07:17:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Uma, and welcome to the AYP and the forum!
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2016 :  08:33:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to these AYP forums Uma
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2016 :  09:37:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
blessings uma
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2016 :  2:15:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2016 :  06:18:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Uma
quote:
Originally posted by Uma

I didn't realize this forum was set up to endorse the books.

If you look at the Navigation and Posting Guidelines page you will read that "These forums are for support discussions relating to the AYP techniques and their results."

All the best on your path!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000