New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2016 :  9:38:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Since you haven't "released" in a long while, maybe you should, a quick one. If you are already uncomfortable, this probably won't make it worse, and maybe better, especially if you truly wish it so. Have a devotional orgasm.
Go to Top of Page

Kala

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2016 :  05:14:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's 4:45am where I am and I am wide awake. This really concerns me because of the bouts I've had with insomnia in the past months. I am tired.
Today I had alot of energy rising up and it felt stuck and uncomfortable. After awhile I was able to let it move in a way that seemed positive, like using it in physical activity. The energy would later rise up more, and then more and more for the rest of the day. My adrenals were pumping. I could feel it in my back. I couldn't do anything with all that energy. My body was tired and sore. In the evening I got out for a walk. I walked about an hour. I felt the heat from the sexual energy all through me... very uncomfortable. I continued to try to ground it, talking my way through the feelings, trying to radiate the energy, send it somewhere, or something. Then something interesting happened -- I was able to turn the stressful energy into positive thoughts and feelings. I don't know how or why this happened when it did. I guess my attitude was positive enough to make this happen this time (I have been through cycles of this in the past four months). I returned home after the walk feeling less of the surge of energy, calmer and able to be positive about what were before very tense and stressful sensations. That much was good. Then awhile later I got into bed (after a shower, tea, relaxing interaction with family). Relaxing comfortably in bed, some stressful nervous feelings came over me and I have not been able to sleep for even a minute. I am thankful for the positive things that happened in the evening. I am thankful for many things in my life. I am requesting restorative sleep each night.
I know there is nothing to fear. My heart does not know that yet. I didn't get into tantra (20 years ago) in a safe and wise way... I didn't have any guidance and I didn't seek any support -- that has resulted in alot of stress in the past 4 months. I want to move forward safely and cautiously, with guidance and support.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2016 :  06:34:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Stay positive. I've also struggled with restless nights. Haven't found an exact solution other than going with the flow, which is what it sounds like you're doing well. Lots of tools in the shed. Love yourself. (On that note, I find non-erotic self-massage to be effective. Nothing tantric or sexual...just smoothing out the muscles of legs, arms, chest, stomach, and so forth.)

If we put forth the desire for stabilization, continuity, and deep, deep sleep into stillness, it will surely come.
Go to Top of Page

Kala

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2016 :  07:17:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I may have slept an hour last night. The energy seems to be stuck in my gut now. I am cold. I'm wearing a winter coat and it's in the 70's. I started to read through the teachings last night but I really don't know where to begin with kundalini syndrome. I hope someone can advise with practical advice.
Go to Top of Page

smudgefish

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2016 :  09:52:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kala,

I have sent you an email.

From my experience of people going through a KS if it as as bad as you say then you do need some conventional medication to settle things. Other than grounding, eating properly, and calming your system with exercise, there is sometimes the need to use medication. I would suggest seeing a conventional doctor - inless you are very lucky they won't know anything about Kundalini, but they will be able to give you something to help you calm down and get some sleep. It will not impede your progress long term, but it will make life more bearable in the short term.

In terms of having a sexual release perhaps a 'quick', mindful orgasm to release energy, with as little stimulation as possible (as you have found too much sexual stimulation can worsen your symptoms).

Edited by - smudgefish on Jul 24 2016 09:58:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2016 :  12:53:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A few natural remedies for promoting sleep (cheap and no side effects):

1. Chamomile tea - strength depends on how long it is steeped. Chamomile in general is mild with pleasant taste. It may relax enough to induce sleep. Herb.

2. Scullcap tea - Scullcap in general is quite strong, bitter, and extremely potent to induce relaxation and drowsiness. Don't steep too long. Vatas should only use weak tea and take small sips. Herb.

3. Homeopathic remedy Aconitum Napellus 200 ck. Almost as effective as Scullcap and has relatively no taste. Homeopathics are generally more expensive than herbs. This remedy may promote relaxation on a deep enough level to enable restful sleep.

Best wishes
love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2016 :  1:02:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
According to Ayurveda, pungent taste will warm and bitter taste will cool the body. If the body is already too cold, be careful with bitter taste; you could add a little cayenne pepper (pungent) to Scullcap tea (bitter) in order to balance the cooling effect. Garlic and ginger are also pungent and therefore will tend to produce warmth in the body.
Go to Top of Page

Kala

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2016 :  2:01:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone for your support. Thank you so much. What about ways to ground or release or dissipate or radiate the sexual energy so that it is not circulating through me? Any knowledge of this?

Blessings,
Kala
Go to Top of Page

Kala

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2016 :  2:04:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, I meant to mention that it is difficult to make myself have a physical
release lately. I really have to focus on crude thoughts... even then it can be difficult. This is why i am focusing on grounding, etc.

Kala
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2016 :  5:56:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I actually enjoy the shivers, so I'm kinda jealous.

AYP takes a holistic approach, and you can start from wherever you are. That's what I like about it.

I'm not the most grounded or balanced yogini, but I know not to mess around too much trying to make energy go this way or that way outside of practice. You can fry yourself doing that.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2016 :  9:20:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

quote:
Sexual energy is hot (yang), it may be worth it to balance with cool (yin), for instance cool showers or baths, eating ice cubes, Popsicles, watermelon, perhaps cold compresses on places in the body that feel hot to you. I too live on the east coast in a seaside community; there is nothing more grounding than a quick dunk in the Atlantic Ocean.

You also can try Cooling Breath: curl your tongue into a tube and slowly inhale. This provides a cool sensation aimed directly into your skull. Exhale energy and heat through your nose. This is a non-AYP pranayama technique I use in asana class sometimes when energy is high.

So none of this helped, Kala? My advice was based on what I've read, not experienced (I am in my fifties so far from young lust) and am curious if it can provide any relief.
Go to Top of Page

Kala

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2016 :  3:14:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dogboy, thanks for your suggestions. I think your suggestions would work very well under normal circumstances, but when trying to manage kundalini it's much harder. I spent alot of time soaking the testicles in cold water in the beginning of this process -- It works well... until you take 'em out. Would be nice to be able to spend time in a cool pool.

Many blessings to all. Love and peace.
Kala
Go to Top of Page

Kala

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2016 :  6:52:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What if the sexual energy goes up the center channel? Is that ok?
Go to Top of Page

Kala

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2016 :  6:53:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Today I was going to have a physical release but the energy kept moving up. Any suggestions?

Kala
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2016 :  9:27:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i have never had a kundalini crisis, AYP has been my first exposure to meditation and my energy has been aroused in a safe and controlled way. I really feel for you Kala, as you are in such an anxious and ungrounded state which does not go away. Fear has you fighting against the tide, so I would advise to surrender fear if at all possible. As others have said this energy is you, so you need to make peace with it (I know, so easy for me to say), find a relationship to it, ask it to work with you; ask it for guidance. If the energy wants to go up, trying to stop it might make it worse. Keep grounding to calm the intensity, keep interacting and serving others to express it outwardly. Try to witness what is happening within with indifference, and if it takes you for a ride, act like a cork bobbing in the current and go with it as calmly as possible. Others here have been in similar crisis and have weathered the storm and come out the other side better for it. This wanton arousal is the energy grinding through obstructions; it won't be this way forever and there will be relief in time. Do your best with calm, accepting awareness.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2016 :  03:13:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kala
the energy kept moving up. Any suggestions?

I will tell you what I do when I feel overrun by K energy: I lay down in savasana, completely relaxed and let the energy move through.

I understand this might not be an easy choice for you, because you are afraid of it and would rather shut it down. By surrendering to it however, you will begin to make friends with this energy and get over your fear. You will notice it is in fact the resistance to it that causes most of the discomfort. If you relax completely, you will find there is an ecstatic thread running through, even when you do experience a little bit of discomfort. In my experience the discomfort - when it does arise - is slight, while the ecstatic feeling is pretty much always there at some level.

If you decide to try this, remember it's all about witnessing whatever sensations arise in your body - do not tinker with the energy, or try to move it around, or interfere with it in any way. Just let it do its thing. Total acceptance: It is what it is.

And do carry on with your grounding activities. That is very important.

Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

smudgefish

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2016 :  4:54:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Totally agree witht the above about 'going with it'.

When I had my KS the least frightening part was when I was at work. I felt a bit 'giddy', but it was calming to be doing something normal and having my mind taken off the out of control ecstatic feelings I was having when I wasn't otherwise occupied.
Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2016 :  2:30:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think what often helps is if the kundalini can flow towards a devotional outlet like a master or guru.
I have had some good results with the water breath when it gets too hot http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=15161
Go to Top of Page

Kala

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2016 :  03:54:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions. Compassionate dialogue seems to be the best support right now and I truly appreciate it. I am definitely doing the grounding work, every day, and I have noticed it having a positive effect. That's giving me relief. The sexual thoughts are what bring the challenge for me, and there are fewer of them. They do, however, continue, and those are what lead to the energy rising and stirring the anxiety. The sexual energy, as it transmutes, feels good. No doubt about that. And I have felt some healing occur as a result. Here's what really makes me nervous, though:
The kundalini, as I have said, seems to be stuck in my genitals. When the sexual energy flows upward, it seems to be reducing the stuck tension in the genitals. This all makes sense, but what has happened when I've let the energy flow is that, at random times, I experience moments of what I call fatigue. The body becomes weak and I feel like I will go into a degree of paralysis. My guess is that I will go into a purely inner 'spiritual' kind of experience. This really scares me. This is perhaps the most anxiety provoking thing right now. And I totally get what you guys have said about just going with it and that my resistance is what's causing all the discomfort and trouble. I totally get that. But I am having a really hard time letting go. I just wonder if there is a way to do this without having to go into that kind of experience. I wonder if acupuncture would work to free the energy, for example. I had acupuncture treatments a couple of months ago when I was going through a horrible time when the sexual energy would just remain hot as it pushed through my whole system. As I lied on the table during the treatments, I felt the energy flow and flow and flow non-stop. I wonder what would happen now.

I've also tried talking with the energy and establishing a relationship, as you guys have suggested. I feel like this has helped. I have expressed/made the request that I be able to walk through (or at least sit through, without paralysis) whatever changes and experiences will occur at this time, and that deeper experiences might be postponed until I feel more confident. Some positive energetic experiences have occurred since I started this dialogue with the energy, all while walking. I've heard and read about people having spiritually transformative experiences in the midst of activity, so maybe this is possible for me.

Finally, I would really love to study Yogani's writings and learn more about how to best manage my situation. I long for that. But as many have noted, and as I have found to be true for myself, the more attention I put on this stuff the more it enlivens it. And of course I'm trying to ground it and slow it down. Any suggestions?

Blessings and love to all. I feel really fortunate to have access to this forum!

Kala
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2016 :  08:00:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I just wonder if there is a way to do this without having to go into that kind of experience. I wonder if acupuncture would work to free the energy, for example. I had acupuncture treatments a couple of months ago when I was going through a horrible time when the sexual energy would just remain hot as it pushed through my whole system. As I lied on the table during the treatments, I felt the energy flow and flow and flow non-stop. I wonder what would happen now.

Hi Kala,
From own experience I can say that it takes time. What helped me was the advice of Blue, just go with the flow, lye down or sitting. I played music and let me float on the energy. Sometimes completely in peace and surrender. Sometimes crying my eyes out. Sometimes with many kriyas (automatic yoga)

Looking back, asana did me good, I found a good yogateacher. I had so much energy, the bodywork did me good, I had many releases with asana. I worked alone in that time and one of the best things I did was finding a parttime job in a fashion store. To socialize had a grounding effect. As soon as I was alone the energy was overwhelming.
How are your days? Do you spend much time alone?

I don't have a quick solution, it took me many years of practice to find my way, not weeks or months. You will have to learn to know yourself. Nobody can exactly tell you what your path is, only you can find this out by taking up a practice or exercise. http://www.aypsite.org/149.html

I am more then 12 years further and still have energy surges like now for instance. We have no choice then to follow and to ground and self-pace if needed. So what I will do now is go outside, take a walk and visit my parents and I know this will ground me.

Best wishes Kala
Love, Strenght, Wisdom

PS What you did during acupuncture, let it flow and flow and flow without resistance....you can do it also without needles. Believe in yourSelf.

Edited by - Charliedog on Aug 09 2016 10:03:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kala

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2016 :  10:28:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Charliedog. Blessings to you. It will be nice to get back to a practice again.

I am always with people. I'm nervous if I'm not around people. I stay with family, night and day. I venture off on my own only when I'm going to public places where I can be around people.

Charliedog, I think I remember you saying you went through the same thing. Was the kundalini stuck in your genitals/2nd chakra also?

I haven't felt the surges of energy like others have described here with my KS. The surges that I feel are sexual. I would be fine during this period of my life if there were no sexual impulse. The energy wants to move up, but I can't emotionally/psychologically handle all of it. So the simple solution to this is... just release it with ejaculation. This has become more difficult, though, for these reasons:

1. The sexual thoughts/impulses are far too frequent (this has actually gotten better, but still an issue). I would be ejaculating multiple times every day.

2. Physical release has become more difficult. I'm guessing/hoping this is because of the blockage. There have been times when the ejaculation would stop prematurely, or when I couldn't reach orgasm and the energy was trying to move up and in instead of down and out. This is very stressful when you're trying to manage how much energy your working with internally. I just went through a two week period with no ejaculation. The energy was pushing up so much that I didn't even try to bring about ejaculation. I hope I'm explaining this well enough.

Blessings and peace

Kala

Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2016 :  11:12:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kala,

If you are not seeing improvements, it's okay to get professional help to take the edge off a little.

I went through an extreme awakening. Everything was wiped out. For example- I would look at a cup and didn't know it was called. To this day in conversations I forget names of things and people. I often get a look from the other person. I let it go as they don't know what I went through. It's getting better though.

Like Charliedog said, sometimes it takes years for the awakening/ energy to stabilize. This was true for me too.

What helped me was I trusted the process. Read stories of sages, saints, every day people, Yogani's lessons. I knew everything was going to be okay because people who walked this road before me said so and were living proof. I took it one day at a time.

Edited by - sunyata on Aug 09 2016 11:35:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kala

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2016 :  12:05:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Sunyata, and I agree. Seeking professional help is perfectly fine, and I've done that (and continue to do so). I have had some improvements that I am very thankful for. Peace to you, and thank you for your comments.

Blessings,

Kala
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2016 :  12:19:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kala,

Some self-inquire for you:
Why are you nervous to be on your own? What could happen?
Is this fear for something in reality or are this only thoughts?
Is this kundalini or a sexual addiction?

My experience (I am female) was a sudden awakening, I didn't know anything about kundalini or yoga practice. Yes it was sexual but not only that, there where at the same time many insights in my own life till then and in life in general. It was chaotic, ecstatic, there was guilt, I was not sure of anything anymore. At the same time a fearlessness arose, I felt years younger and was in love with all and everything.

I was lead to yoga, that is how I see it now. Yoga (asana) was good for me, sometimes yoga was ecstatic, there was much to release in the body. During savanna I had visions etc. Energy surges during the nights exploded in my solar plexus for a long time. Now I know more I would rather call it ecstatic conductivity instead of sexuality, it was not only genital, more whole body orgasms, it was not over after having sex and no touching was needed. Sensitivity in everything increased.

Very soon after my awakening I was lead to yoga as I said and I became a serious yogi, but it took years of seeking to understand myself and what happened and is happening .

Have faith Kala,

Edit: a selfinquire journal was for me very helpful, it gave many insights in emotions in relation to childhood.

Edited by - Charliedog on Aug 09 2016 1:01:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2016 :  12:21:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hugs to you, Kala. Just know that it will get better. Keep posting here. After the major house cleaning was done, I went through a period of bliss. I was floating in the clouds(not grounded).

With continued practice, these days it's feet on the ground and head in the clouds. My older son often says "Mommy I love you and you have a beautiful heart".
May be he is experiencing the(my) radiating heart. The credit goes to AYP. Just sharing this to let you know that there will be a new way of living after the storm passes.

Much love,
Sunyata

Edited by - sunyata on Aug 09 2016 12:28:08 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000