Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 The Water Breath
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2015 :  07:58:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
When the energy is too overwhelming, the water breath helped me a great deal.
It's from the book: "The Dangers of Meditation: How To Avoid Them Or Heal Them" by Asatar Bair: https://iamheart.org/books_cds/ebooks.php

Here is the description from the book:

http://s7.postimg.org/oe9npf82z/water_breath.png

Prem

Canada
90 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2015 :  11:09:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Prem's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Jean! I have never seen this described but actually have done it almost as automatic yoga a few times and it was very helpful. Wonderful how the body "knows" when we tune in but nice to see it explained in print! Thank you. Namaste.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2015 :  11:40:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I tried it once, allowed myself to believe it was actual water, and by golly it was!

Edit:wording

Edited by - Dogboy on Apr 04 2015 11:41:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kala

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2016 :  04:08:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all your comments! The compassionate dialogue is what I find most helpful right now. Blessings to everyone.

I learned the water breath a couple of months ago and I think it was the first moment of real grounding that I felt since all this started. I don't like to do it often because it seems to backfire... I guess the more 'meditative' experience of it ultimately tends to reinforce the overall flow of energy.

My biggest concern right now is this seemingly constant feed from the 2nd chakra to the rest of the system, due to my previous years of tantric practice. I wish I could open and close the channel on command. I try to stay busy with mundane things and avoid sexual stimulation and thoughts. During episodes when the thoughts come on strong, I have been consciously distracting myself thinking of anything else. This can create discomfort and tension in my system but I don"t know what else to do. I have had some positive results from the energy flow (from the 2nd chakra) but I would prefer it be in smaller doses, and not daily. It makes me really nervous. I've talked to the energy and my sytem and have been trying to create that friendly dialogue and partnership. I think this has helped.

Please share if you know of ways to deal with the unwanted 2nd chakra type thoughts. I go through periods of avoiding social interactions (because I will inevitably see women) to reduce the stimulation. It makes it tricky because socializatiom is impogrtant. I really want to connect with people locally with whom I can talk about these experiences. I long for that companionship and support.

Love and blessings to all of you.

Kala
Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2016 :  11:14:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Inner silence and self inquiry are very helpful when it comes to troubling thoughts.
Because the silence gives you a distance/space to just watch the thoughts without trying to do anything with it.
Here is a nice post from Atreya Thomas:
https://revealingtheabsolute.com/20...do-about-it/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000