Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Regarding meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bj12

India
3 Posts

Posted - May 26 2016 :  12:36:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been practising meditation for quite some time now . But sometimes i get a smell like'skunk' or a dry burning smell .what could these possibly mean

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - May 26 2016 :  1:26:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum Bj12. Must be purification of your nervous system particularly your senses. Is it Deep meditation that you do by the way?
Go to Top of Page

bj12

India
3 Posts

Posted - May 26 2016 :  1:51:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
no its not deep meditation that i do . its simple meditation . but i have also read that 'skunk'smell associates to 'bad'souls trying to communicate with you . what are your comments on this .
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - May 26 2016 :  8:16:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
At least I am not aware of such things. Please do check out the lessons in the main directory. You will learn a lot of stuff about AYP. These forums are an equally good resource.
Go to Top of Page

bj12

India
3 Posts

Posted - May 27 2016 :  03:20:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Its okay . Also , sometimes i see a 'black 'kind of object in my eye , and its like satisfying , whenever i meditate , its too satisfying for me and my brain , it feels as if a pressure has gone off my mind . But at the same time i see that 'black' obejct in my eyes . what could it imply ?
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 27 2016 :  7:30:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've had the " skunk" smell. I think it's purification. No need to worry. It'll come and go, then not come back( in my experience).
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - May 29 2016 :  10:59:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Regarding black object in your vision, it could be a passing phenomenon. But if it persists, please have it checked by a medical care provider. They are known as eye floaters.
Go to Top of Page

kensbikes100

USA
192 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2016 :  12:39:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
bj12,

If you were doing Deep Meditation as recommended on this site I'd say with some confidence that the images and perceptions are absolutely irrelevant, because DM is about a process and not about perceptions. With many other mantra-based system, I'd guess that the same is true. If your method has a process and you can do the process without getting focused on the perceptions, I'd say you are probably better off just following your process.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000