Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Dancing can be a powerful spiritual tool
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fusions

Netherlands
18 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2016 :  09:05:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Had a good experience yesterday while dancing and connecting within simultaneously. I was dancing and I closed my eyes to connect with my inner energy, and invites you to let yourself go more, and I was able to do that at times, resulting in a more spontaneous and comfortable flow of dance.

It was a great exercise in letting go, and in trusting my spontaneous nature and also in feeling the bodily energy of myself in that flowing movement state, that felt good.

It also brought some more new awareness of myself, an awareness of being more comfortable in being myself in my body, more in touch with my inner energy.

No drugs or alcohol were used. I actually found it similar to MDMA in some moments, connecting within on the dance floor was more powerful than I would have thought.

Edited by - fusions on Jun 25 2016 11:18:30 AM

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2016 :  11:39:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed! Now that I access prana flow, just as in asana class, movement bridges inside and outside worlds. When I shower I play music, and in that safe, dedicated mirrored space I am free to be naked, active, playful with spontaneous asanas, lip syncing, dance. Fifty eight going on five; as good a description of mindfulness and yoga as any.
Go to Top of Page

fusions

Netherlands
18 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2016 :  12:50:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Haha, I started dancing in my room more freely as first as well. I somewhat avoided parties, thinking it wouldn't be a comfortable experience, but I didn't found it to be very challenging at all, it helped that there was a good environment, that I have worked on meditation and releasing fears/trauma through meditation by focusing on bringing up negative feelings and letting them go and also that I am not really looking for happiness through the outside world anymore by wanting validation and craving sex though there is still some of it left.

But it was much easier once I just decided to close my eyes and connect within.
Go to Top of Page

LittleKid

USA
34 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2016 :  12:52:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When I do self inquiry therapy on people the first question
I ask them is---When did you stop dancing ?
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2016 :  1:06:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
https://youtu.be/J3lpyvsDsF4

Enjoy the dance guys, maybe to dance free is more natural and easy for the girls
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2016 :  3:55:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i dance in the kitchen to ventakesh kumar raag durga
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2016 :  4:17:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can relate fusions. I have always enjoyed dancing. During my early twenties up to my awakening, I would always look forward to going out with my friends on weekends. It was not the night scene that I enjoyed but the same feeling that I now get from my practice-silence and ecstatic bliss that I would tap into when I was on the dance floor.

Now after two kids, the boys and I have a dance party everyday. Of course my Asana practice is my dance with the divine.

Yes, eyes closed dances and Asana practice are divine and cosmic love explosion.

Edited by - sunyata on Jun 25 2016 5:52:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2016 :  5:29:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was married to a professional dancer. It's one of the best things that's ever happened to me. Music + Movement of Body + Ecstatic Bliss = Miracle.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2016 :  10:00:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

I was married to a professional dancer. It's one of the best things that's ever happened to me. Music + Movement of Body + Ecstatic Bliss = Miracle.

Nice. Which style?

Edited by - sunyata on Jun 25 2016 10:20:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2016 :  11:17:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
She started out in ballet then moved more towards modern. Ballet can be quite unforgiving on the body, whereas the style of so-called modern is much less rigid, and definitely broader in its scope. Less strain, more choices.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2016 :  07:29:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

She started out in ballet then moved more towards modern. Ballet can be quite unforgiving on the body, whereas the style of so-called modern is much less rigid, and definitely broader in its scope. Less strain, more choices.

Ballet is such an elegant and graceful dance. All forms of dance are beautiful.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000