Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Mechanics of kundalini
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pranar

India
53 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2016 :  09:50:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello AYP Forum,

I have a few questions about kundalini:

1. What leads an awakened kundalini to turn downward? Is this destructive given that it goes back to lower chakras? Are there specific techniques to point it back upwards?

2. What happens when the kundalini reaches the crown? Does it get fully absorbed or are there reserves that continually go up to the crown thereafter?

3. Since premature crown awakenings can be troublesome, how does one ensure that the kundalini doesn't make its way up there during meditation too early? Worrying about the kundalini ought not be an impediment to going deep into meditation. I've experienced samadhi a few times but post a premature kundalini awakening, I've been on guard and I'm thirsty to experience samadhi again!

4. Post premature crown openings, how does the energy stabilise? Does the excess prana go back into the pelvic region or does the body simply get used to it thereby making it more manageable over time?

5. Is there such a thing as a partial kundalini awakening? By this, I mean, is the energy experienced from a premature crown opening the full force of the kundalini or could it get even stronger as a physical sensation?

6. What do you think made Gopi Krishna's experience so intense?

Thank you!

Edited by - pranar on Jun 07 2016 10:00:18 AM

pranar

India
53 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2016 :  11:23:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello folks,

Found a few answers to these questions.

1. Happens when the kundalini energy isn't balanced within the body and lacks an effective path to travel upward. It can also occur when the mind isn't anchored, or when the vayus are out of whack. Spinal breathing pranayama, sushumna application, sh*thali karana, meditation, and a balanced diet with the right amount of physical and mental activity helped, as did a good nights rest.

2. Heard a recording of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi say that the kundalini gets fully absorbed in the brain.

4. It's a combination of both. Prana does seem to return to the pelvic storehouse at times and becomes manageable through purification practices and the right combination of diet, physical activity, and mental activity.

5. This link provides an overview of various kundalini awakenings: http://kundalinicare.com/kinds-of-k...i-risings-2/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000