Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 Continuing practice, while being ill?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ace

Germany
30 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2015 :  11:02:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone ,

I have a fever right now and I just want to know what's AYP view regarding practicing while dealing with an illness?

Unitl now, I did my practices and it felt alright. But I can imagine that the additional purification from the practices can hinder the body's ability to self-heal.

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2015 :  11:50:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Ace, hope you get better real soon

I think it is ok to practice but maybe just practice Deep Meditation some traditions tend to shy away from Pranayama when the body is ill, so as not to interfere with the life force.

Edited by - So-Hi on Jul 22 2015 12:09:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2015 :  3:26:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Ace
Nice to hear from you. Sorry to hear you're not well.

So-Hi has already given you the answer. Yes, that is the AYP stance on practices while being ill. Meditation won't tax the system and it's likely to help. Samyama (if you were practising it already), could help too. Pranayama and moving energy around the system - you need to feel your way very carefully with those. If they feel like a strain then better to pause them.

Get well soon!
Go to Top of Page

Ace

Germany
30 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  04:52:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello SO-HI, hello BlueRaincoat,

thanks for the nice words. I am feeling better already. I followed your sugestions and reduced my practice to DM+samyama until I'll be back in full power.
I just thought this topic could be helpful for others as well, as this question might arise for everyone, sooner or later.

Besides this little illness practices are going wonderful for me. I did a lot of cutting back practices and now I feel like I have a stable routine going.

Greetings
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  10:02:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I just thought this topic could be helpful for others as well, as this question might arise for everyone, sooner or later.

Very true and very kind of you.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  12:15:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh and Blue

quote:
Yes, that is the AYP stance on practices while being ill.

Please do help me to better understand the AYP stance on topics. as time goes on the wisdom of AYP / Yogani is ever more respected and there is a wish to not only honor that but really understand correctly.

Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2015 :  08:16:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Can attest to this. Last December, I had high fever and I did experiment with DM while lying down. By noon, sweat started rolling, and by evening was feeling much, much better. I did do pranayama as part of regular session. Next time, maybe I can avoid it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000