Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 tension and wobble
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  06:05:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hi all i am exsperiencing a wobble at the momment ,alot of tension in the head a cloudyness to my perception a liitle tired and some of the clarity of purpose has gone ,my practice is 5 mins SB ,20mins DM,and samyama 5mins twice per day ive had many blissful times and some normal periods where life is just life if you know what i mean ,ive been practicing for about 10 months and slowly introduced different aspects of the AYP science when i have thought i needed i also use stage 2 mantra shree ayam namah .how should i scale back my practice with the overload symtoms ,what should i cut back to please any advice would be much appreciated i have physical job as gardener so grounding is not an issue ,i have a family two children and have regular day today contact with people so do not live like a hermit i hope this outlines a little so that a clearer advice can be given many thanks and blessings

Edited by - AYPforum on Jul 26 2015 09:55:01 AM

Dogboy

USA
2194 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  07:04:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kumar

I would scale back in small ways first, for example:

Shave minutes off of SBP and/or DM
Drop back to ketchari 1 instead of 2 or 3
Drop back to "I am" mantra or breath meditation

Some additions:
Employ solar centering to coax energy from pooling in the head
Add an extra 5 minutes to your rest after practice
Seek out additional opportunities of service

One non-AYP breath technique I employ occasionally in high energy states is the Cooling Breath: curl your tongue so that it forms a tube and inhale through it. It has a cooling sensation that is aimed directly inside your skull. Hold momentarily and exhale fully through the nose; visualize the mental debris/excess energy leaving your body with it.

Hopefully this period is but a speed bump in your journey forward. Keep us posted, dear Kumar
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  07:28:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello guys
How bad are the tension in the head a cloudiness to your perception Kumar? Do you feel they stop you functioning during the day?
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  07:44:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kumar,

If I remember correctly, do you listen to spiritual teachers/Gita on your Ipod when you work. You may have to cut down on that if you do so. I'm guilty of doing the same and have to remind myself constantly.

May be cut down spinal breathing to few breaths or none, 10 mins DM and few sutra for Samyama. These days formal Samyama causes immediate overload here.

May be put your awareness on your feet outside practices when the head feels heavy.

Hope this helps.

Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  08:38:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi blue the tension is pressure not to cause me not to function but bordering on a slight ache .i have being employing raising the eyes a little during SB have stopped this but the tension remains ,the cloudyness is a sort of slowing of sharpness ,maybe i need glasses my eyesight is not good for reading? outside practice i am busy family commitments my mother has dementia so no real time for a grounding service dogboy and maybe my listening is over done scripture is too much also ,i want to scale back but also almost feel the need to move forward so much to give but the vessel is not capable ,i suppose really a crisis of faith aswell thankyou all so much for listening
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  09:31:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kumar,

Do you sleep well? I have the same issues since last week, and also sleep only a few hours a night. Yesterday I read something about the planet Sirius, and a big shift in consciousness. Normally I don't put much attention on this articles, but maybe this has influence ?
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  09:52:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One thing that helps me a lot with overload is passive awareness meditation. Instead of my 20 minutes mantra/breath focused meditation + 10 minutes rest, I just do 30 minutes of passive awareness i.e. just let the witness watch whatever sensations arise during that half hour.

It's like the awareness helps clear whatever has been loosened by previous practices and still 'rattling' through the system, no fully resolved. The awareness settles these problems, the overload symptoms subside and then I go back to stronger practices.

Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  09:55:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  10:07:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Kumar, know exactly what you are sharing.

Time for some scaling back and yes you might be stuck with what you are currently experiencing for quite some time so surrender to it and let it run it's course.

The explanation of what you are experiencing is that you are experiencing purification in the crown and have gotten into it a bit to regularly.

Time for some serious self pacing.

#1. Whatever you do, do not stop spinal breathing this more than anything else will help with clarity, just make sure you are not getting into the crown, stay at the brow.

#1A.If you have a mala us it,if not get one, this is the exact one I have used it is large and of great quality the seller ships very swiftly..

http://www.amazon.com/Rudraksha-5-F...a+mala+large

#1A. Continued; Self pace your spinal breathing using the Mala it will be far more accurate than time for the purpose of self pacing, from the top the Guru Bead count 12 beads back. Inhale going to the brow per Yoganis instruction and exhale going back to the root once you have made it to the root advance 1 bead foreword in the direction of the Guru Bead at the top; Or visa versa advance one bead at the end of the inhalation; whatever feels natural.

When you have reached the top (the guru bead is not counted) you have done all the spinal breathing and it is time to move on to your next practice. Adjust the number of beads used over time following your own inner guru but this is a good place to start.

#2. If the eyes go up then let them otherwise you will be causing a stress by trying to keep them down.

#3. If Kechari is natural and not put in place by your decision but rather goes in place easily as the tongue favors being in that position do not fight it.

#4. Mantra, it is extremely likely this is where you are starting to get too much into the Crown which is what is causing what you have described. Recommend that you go back to IAM or AYAM.

#5. Cut the Mantra back to 10 Minutes.

#6. Cut your Samyama back to just 2 Sutras Recommend Love & Health as both of these should keep you out of the head and help with the grounding.

#7. If you are doing Cosmic Samyama stop doing this for a while.

#8. Cut back your practices to once per day Morning would probably be best because after you rest a bit the rest of the day needs to be taken care of and as you have pointed out you have plenty of grounding.

Sometimes stopping altogether is just not an option but you can always scale back, and then work foreword, what you are describing is more serious than you may currently appreciate but your inner guru is throwing some red flags so be careful and pay attention, the crown is wonderful but really needs to be earned over time and purification.

How do I know? Easy learned this the hard way.

Go to Top of Page

Beehive

USA
117 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  10:47:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for this thread Kumar. I'm sorry you are experiencing this but I am too so I appreciate the answers. Will someone speak to the "crises of faith" part.... and the "life is just life" part, too? Is this reallly overload? Is it a normal part of the process/scenery (bad scenery, I might add)? I've had a long period of deep connectedness and now I feel that crisis of faith and un-enhanced life, for lack of a better word. I'm afraid if I did less practice I would feel like I would never find my path again. I do feel fear that the deep opening is now closing.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  11:46:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi beehive blessings to you please keep the faith love is the eternal fountain just you talking to me has given me so much already the world is material place and living in spirit takes a lot effort hence our path a fellowship is important a crisis of faith is just as important we need each other I am glad you are here let's keep our hearts open to each other because the alternative has long passed thank you.

Thank you so hi I have taken on board your technical advice

Thank you blue
Charlie dog I sleep quite well at times a little restless but not too bad
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  1:49:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kumar,
Just recently there was a post in AYP plus. Yogani mentioned this 392 The Aloneness of Enlightenment, and it was helping me to recognize some unasked questions.
Take care, keep in touch.
Go to Top of Page

Beehive

USA
117 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  2:04:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Kumar.... Yes the fellowship is so important and it has helped me a lot just reading this.... You are so right to say "because the alternative has long since passed." I hold that in my heart.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  3:40:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I feel honoured and blessed to be part of this family thankyou
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  4:10:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beehive , Kumar remember when things seem less than optimal, enhanced it is often because you are building momentum and the peak is sure to come just keep practicing. Growth and development are happening beneath the surface of the waves; our depths are oceanic.

The thing about self pacing is you will always be rediscovering what that is because the goal line keeps changing, if it did not there would be no growth, take heart all is changing, keep practicing and discovering.

Our new normal is always a work in progress.

Edited by - So-Hi on Jul 26 2015 4:33:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Beehive

USA
117 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2015 :  01:03:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you So-Hi... the encouragement/reassurance is so appreciated.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000