AYPsite.org Forum
 Bhakti and Karma Yoga
 More vs. Just Enough
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2015 :  08:58:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Last night I went into a frenzied kriya where I was rocking back and forth, even shaking spasmodically at times. There was this pulsing desire for more. More bliss, more purification, more opening. That's why I was drawn to AYP from the get-go, because the lessons resonated with my persistent desire for more, which has been with me since I was a child.

But there seems to be a flipside of the coin as well, and that is the desire for just enough. Just enough silence, just enough outflow of divine love, just enough ecstatic bliss. I guess that would be a counterpoint of contentment. When there is contentment, there is this feeling like: "Don't worry, everything is in divine order. There's no way anything can go wrong on a grand scale. All things will be resolved, and every single being is moving towards paradise."

When I was younger, I took a philosophy class called Tension and Balance. The idea is that you need tension between two sides to achieve balance. For me, there is this tension between the inner pull for more and the surrender to what already is. The dynamic is paradoxical. Can I be in state of striving for more, while also being totally content with what is? On the good days, the answer is yes.

Just curious to see if anyone is experiencing this kind of interplay of bhakti and contentment...

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2015 :  2:30:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bodhi Tree,

I know exactly what you mean, I wake up in the night regularly in a state like that.....
Difficult for me to put it in English words. For me the poems of Rumi describe the feeling.
For me it feels like the Beloved of Rumi....Enjoy!

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2015 :  3:46:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"We are as the flute, and the music in us is from thee;
we are as the mountain and the echo in us is from thee."
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2015 :  01:29:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The deepest longing and at the same time the deepest fulfillment, Divine Passion, The Infinite

“I am only the house of your beloved,
not the beloved herself:
true love is for the treasure,
not for the coffer that contains it.”
The real beloved is that one who is unique,
who is your beginning and your end.
When you find that one,
you’ll no longer expect anything else:
that is both the manifest and the mystery.
That one is the lord of states of feeling,
dependent on none;
month and year are slaves to that moon.
When he bids the “state,”
it does His bidding;
when that one wills, bodies become spirit.

“Rumi”

Edited by - Charliedog on Jan 26 2015 02:38:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2015 :  08:50:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice! Now that's contentment.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000