Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Fitting AYP and kundalini yoga
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

erlionov

Yugoslavia
4 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2014 :  01:01:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Belonging to group of people who activated kundalini shakti having absolute zero yogic experience, I was wondering around different schools, while studying online resources and books. For last couple of months, I settled with Yogi Bhajan kundalini yoga path. KY was providing me with energy and wellbeing throughout the day, but I was looking for way to progress. As local KY teacher is not qualified to take us forward and both books and online resources on same topic are in horrible mess, I turned to AYP systems.

Two weeks ago I introduced ayem meditation to my daily 1 hour KY routine with full 10 – 20 min rest after. Last couple of days added 10 min spinal breathing. Combination is most intense experience I’ve found so far, but I felt losing grounding. Now I feel similar to those early weeks after awakening. Pain and aches in upper body parts with difference of now being equally distributed to upper body parts, neck and head. Sleeping I feel extensive body heating with energy spreading to my girlfriend. But I read this is normal thing I have to go through. In the effort to keep mind straight throughout the day I changed sequence to AYP first and then KY kriyas and meditation.

Can you please help me with couple of answers? How do AYP and KY interfere? Is the sequence AYP, then KY correct? How can I better control daily loss of focus?

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2014 :  02:12:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
dear erlionov
welcome to the forums
when AYP is practiced it is better just to do AYP since as you noticed it is very strong
It is up tp you to choose between KY or AYP, just keep in mind that all the symtpoms you described are serious /dangerous symptoms
not only you need to use 1 system only but also you need to reduce the time of your practices
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2014 :  06:37:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I completely agree with maheswari. Mixing two yoga systems into one practice is dangerous and you can be in for a lot of pain.

Kundalini should not be awakened without due preparation. If it is Kundalini Yoga you want to do, find a competent teacher who can take you through the preparatory stages.

If you decide to stick with AYP, follow the method and advice in the AYP lessons. Even leaving your Kundalini yoga practice to one side, you are overdoing big time. Adding spinal breathing only two weeks after undertaking mantra meditation is way too soon. AYP is a powerful method, which does awake kundalini in a gradual, safe way if practised safely. If you rush through the AYP practices, you can also awaken Kundalini prematurely. I would urge you to read Yogani's lessons about self-pacing and find a safe level of practice before you aggravate the symptoms you already have.

Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

erlionov

Yugoslavia
4 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2014 :  10:00:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
maheswari thank you for prompt answer and welcome. BlueRaincoat thank you for answer, but reading it makes me sure I wasn't clear enough.

My kundalini is active for a 9 months now, was activated with full blown awakening, non intentionally and way prematurely However, I did my best to bring my life into order by spending 2-3 hours every day with yoga, reading, practicing, experimenting. Now I'm fully functional with both feet on the ground.

KY system is based on building strong foundation in lower chakras. It brings energy and wellbeing to my life, that I need for work and general lifestyle. But, the Guru in me is calling for progress, and your guidelines were clear: keep up with one system. I've found AYP so simple and so effective to progress in yogic sense, but I must trade off energy and wellbeing of KY. And now to reframe my questions:

Reading other topics on the same subject aches and burning are normal and sign of purging, that I can handle. Main problem with AYP is that I lose grounding and energy for daily activities. Does AYP system have add-on exercises that can bring energy and wellbeing similar to KY?
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2014 :  11:59:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by erlionov
BlueRaincoat thank you for answer, but reading it makes me sure I wasn't clear enough.

My kundalini is active for a 9 months now, was activated with full blown awakening

Perhaps it's not so much a misunderstanding, as the two of us having different reference systems. You see, I don't believe the first K awaking is a "full blown" one. In my experience, it is a process. It's a big thing the first time you feel it, and it is memorable, but that is just the beginning. The energy continues to grow as you practice and self-pacing it crucial, to make sure you synchronize K unfoldment with the cleansing process and your body's ability to sustain the energy. In my view, you are still unfolding your K, even if you just work on the lower chakras.

AYP does not particularly focus on chakras. Yogani calls the AYP practices 'global' - they work along the main energy channels, only avoiding the crown till the very late stages.

For grounding, we use physical activities outdoors. Some people use practices like tai chi. I find standing yoga poses grounding. Also living life among people, socializing, being wiht others is grounding. I guess this has a lot to do with the fact that AYP was designed for busy people, with jobs and families, who have a lot of grounding activities in their lives anyway.

The important thing, which you have already picked up on, is that you should not mix the two systems. Whichever way you may go about combining them, you will overdo and end up with too much energy, too fast. Perhaps you will benefit from reading through the AYP lessons (not some much focusing on the techniques, but the general AYP approach).

And of course you can always come back with questions in this forum as/when you need to.

All the best!
Go to Top of Page

erlionov

Yugoslavia
4 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2014 :  2:47:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
BlueRaincoat, thank you for more detailed explanations.

I've taken my day to study AYP, Yogani's post Kundalini symptoms, imbalances, and remedies brought a lot of confusion:http://www.aypsite.org/69.html
quote:
First off, if you have not already, it is suggested you begin a light session of spinal breathing before meditation, only five or ten minutes.
quote:
After all that, if you don't notice an inner balancing, consider backing off on your meditation time a bit for a while, keeping the spinal breathing at the same level, unless the spinal breathing adds instability.

It's 9pm in Belgrade, my time K is peaking. After doing 3 min spinal breathing with short energetic breath outs pure ORGASM like state???

After initial shock, I can repeat it with better even greater intensity lying?

Can anyone explain this?

Edited by - erlionov on Dec 20 2014 3:04:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2014 :  4:17:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Regarding Lesson 69, it has to be noted the advice is for somebody who was already practising meditation for a year and a half at the time that discussion took place. Otherwise Yogani would not have suggested starting spinal breathing straight away. Have you been practising deep meditation before beginning AYP practice 2 weeks ago?

What you're describing in your post is kundalini. Spinal breathing does get it moving and it is possible to get orgasmic states from this practice, although it's not often as intense as this. One explanation is that you have been overdoing your practices, so be careful.

The important question remains - are you ready for spinal breathing?
Go to Top of Page

erlionov

Yugoslavia
4 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2014 :  5:28:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
After 2 min pain moves from chest to neck and then head. After 3 min feeling close to orgasm. Then 2 more min with energy on exhale. More orgasm like feelings.

Taking a 15 min walk. Heat is mostly gone, mind is clear. It definitely helps and does the job, just as Yogani described. Nice pranayama.

To answer your question, I need to stop KY, take few days brake and start with AYP. Will post my feedback, as soon as I take the step.

Again, thank you very much for help and,

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2015 :  1:51:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
many people think their kundalini is fully awakened when it is infact not. a little often feels like a lot when it comes to prana. if you cant enter the breathless state it is not fully on. also i think kundalini isfully activated would mean that the petals of the chakras are always pointing upwards due to the sushuma being completely purified. youd constantly be in a state of some type of samadhi. its happened here a few times. youre looking down on mind. still that gigantic expansion on top of head

Edited by - adishivayogi on Jan 06 2015 1:56:10 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000