Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Sinus Issues, other Manifestations
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TheFifth

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2014 :  10:57:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,

I am new to this website, but I am certainly not new to Kundalini.From what I can ascertain, it has been awakened in me for at least the past 8 years, starting a month or so after I began doing tactile awareness energy work. There were signs it was awakened before this, but I think that's besides the point.

Shortly after it awakened, my mind flooded with light. "It" all made sense; I was up all night for weeks, swept away by the splendor. There were, however, some not-so-pleasant symptoms. I began having severe, acute episodes of sneezing and sinus pain, accompanied by a sensation of pressure changes in my sinus cavities. There was also a sweet smell involved. Generally, these episodes would last about 24 hours. Id wake up with it, it would peak the following night, then it would be gone by the following morning. I came across a teacher who suggested that this was related to the nectar cycle; she did some work on me and for the following 4 years (up until now) the episodes stopped.

Fast-forward to this summer. My bhakti is strong--addictive even. I've always sort of "improvised" my practices, most of which have always consisted of moving energy through myself, my chakras, and tai-chi stances. I've never really known what I was doing, and to boot, it is obvious to me that my nervous system is highly sensitive to practices. I started a roughly 2 hour per day regimen this past summer with intensive meditation, energy work and tai-chi. Results quickly followed; I started having visions and insights. This practice stopped abruptly with the beginning of an intensive fall-semester. Over the following months, however, I was locked in a most pleasurable, blissful, transcendental state of being. More recently though, things have taken a turn.

Over the past month, I have been experiencing episodes of crushing fatigue. This fatigue is sometimes accompanied by sensations in my abdomen, what feels like my adrenals. Most recently, I had pain around my belly button, which, over time, expanded upwards, becoming a "bronchitis-like" illness and now, a severe bout of sinusitis (along with that sweet smell). Before the bronchitis-turned sinusitis, I had a vivid dream in which I was performing pranayama. I've never done this before in my life, but I know what it is. Also, I've had dreams about floods, monstrous tides and storms with a relatively high frequency.

In general, I alternate between periods of bliss, wholeness and fulfillment and periods of deep existential pain. Is there a way to curb the pain, which I assume is the result of my own blockages?

I hope I'm painting a helpful picture of my predicament. I'm hoping that someone here has had experience with issues like this, or can help recommend methods I can use to calm this storm. Most troubling to me is the nasal issue, it's horrible. I have high bhakti, but I feel ill-equipped to deal with what I have unleashed.

Edited by - TheFifth on Dec 16 2014 10:58:50 PM

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2014 :  02:41:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello TheFifth and welcome to the forums
all the symptoms that you describe are energy overload and many of us here in the forums have experienced them
There is only one solution to this and it is called self pacing.You need to cut down your practice durations and engage yourself in mundane daily life.Also doing physical exercises like running, going for a long walk in nature helps....
if kundalini is not managed in a wise way, it can fry us ...so taking it easy is a must in your case
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2014 :  05:54:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello TheFifth, Welcome!

I have been fortunate to have my kundalini awakened by the AYP system and have been aware from the get-go the power active kundalini can wreck from excessive energy. My suggestion is to search "self pacing" on this site and pour through the mountain of information likely to appear. You should also simplify your current practices to short sessions of DM and spinal breathing.

To weather this current crisis is going to take some serious grounding. Energy comes in and out in a tide-like fashion; yours is acting like a tsunami! Simplify and take care of yourself, maybe put a leash on that Bhakti of yours! Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2014 :  10:37:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome!

Slowing down with practices(self-pacing) and grounding ( long walks, social interactions, eating slightly heavier foods) should help with balance.

For sinus pressure, see this thread:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....=14308#14308
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2014 :  5:03:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello TheFifth

Sounds like you need to take things under control a little. That bhakti alone, without any practices can send K flying. It is addictive as you say, but if you can avoid the situations that fan it, that will be a good start.

As everyone else says, self-pacing is the word - find the level/amount of practices with which you are comfortable. A little goes a long way when you are as sensitive as this. Grounding activities and burning energy doing physical stuff helps.

Something I find helpful when I get unpleasant K symptoms is to lay on the floor in corpse pose and direct my attention towards any unpleasant sensation I may be having at the time (it's a mindfulness/witnessing exercise).

Diet is something to watch too. A heavier diet, including meat, helps 'muffle' the energy. I find milk strangely calming, like it quenches a fire in my stomach. I probably go through something like 5 litres a week (only whole milk, I don't like it semi-skimmed)

Good luck. Hope you'll find the balance between making progress and staying comfortable.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Dec 17 2014 5:15:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

TheFifth

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2014 :  1:19:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone,

I think the takeaway here is to take it easy and let the process to more or less take care of itself. In my experience, it is going to do what it does regardless of my attempts to speed up the process, which usually seem to shoot me in the foot. I think I'll focus on physical life for a while and when I return to practices, I'll do so at a slow tempo.

I think I've underestimated the power of grounding. I exercised yesterday and went out of my way to walk barefoot on some grass for a bit, which helped noticeably.

I feel that in the midst of my spiritual eagerness, I lost sight of the need for balance. I smile at this part of myself--it's like an excitable, curious child. I'll work on keeping it under control...
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2014 :  3:27:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You can speed up the process, but you can only do it from a position of balance. You need your body, as well as your mind, to help you on the journey - punishing either is counterproductive. It's a question of finding the edge and staying on it. Good luck!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000