Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 OK. I had a Kundalini Experience. Now what ??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ivorm

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2014 :  07:17:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit ivorm's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
About three months ago, I had a strong Kundalini experience.

I've talked about it here .

For about a week afterwards, I had some weird things happens to me.

For example, I had moments of telepathy, some very strange co-incidences occuring, rushes of energy, and so on. And. all-in-all, everything in my life went incredibly well.

After about seven days, the energy seemed to subside and life went back to being humdrum.

In fact, for a while everything in my life seemed to be going wrong.

Now, I seem to be pretty much in the same place as I was before the kundalini experience. It seems that nothing has really changed.

Is this what's supposed to happen ? Have I missed something ?

It just seems strange that I had such a strong and strange experience for nothing.

Any advice/comments gratefully received.

Best wishes,

Ivor

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2014 :  10:48:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, I had similar experiences last year, but not so strong like you.

You seem to expect that life becomes different after that kind of experience. the "new" energy does not change your life (at least, it did not change mine), unless you decide to use it for some purpose.

In my case,, after that first experience I got addicted to that energy. And the energy kind of disappeared, maybe because it "understood" that I was not using it well.

Now I feel that the energy is slowly rising again. Hope I can handle this without expectations, just surrendering to it.
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2014 :  12:28:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps that was like the starters before a great meal!!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2014 :  1:56:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It comes in waves. Like waves on the ocean, breaking in patterns of repetition, our experience unfolds. Here's a swell and a peak; there's a dip and a dive. There is a circularity to enlightenment, but there is also a linear quality. We are moving towards something. The central point. The bindu in the Sri Yantra. And, in that sense, the circular and linear qualities combine to form a spiral. A spiral is the fundamental shape of the universe: the shape of galaxies.

So, if I am spiraling towards enlightenment, there is bound to be peaks and valleys. There is also bound to be plateaus where nothing much seems to be changing. But something deep down knows that we are changing, even if very subtle. And there is inner silence, which is beyond change, yet very aware. That is the seed of all experience.

More waves will come. I've had to learn this. Embrace the moment and ask what is needed to proceed with equanimity, poise, and balance. Take the small miracles as they come, and try not to obsess too much over the ecstasy. Again, I am preaching to the choir, because this is what I am still learning.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2014 :  2:02:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Ivor, welcome back!

The short answer is - after a K experience, we just keep going with our daily meditation and whatever other practices we are doing.

What you experienced before were the symptoms of an energy rush - a bit like water running for the first time through clogged pipes - there is some knocking about and some visible, possibly dramatic effects. Then the flow of energy stabilises. You gradually build up more of it, but it's not supposed to be all drama every day. Life is not supposed to be “humdrum” either, especially after some good years of steady practice. Spiritual practices should bring joy and balance into our day-to-day life.

I think the question is – do the level and intensity of your practice match your current abilities? Do you have a teacher who advises you on these issues?
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2014 :  10:16:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ivorm,

I agree with the other posters; it comes in waves. Continue with your practices, whatever they are. If you are looking to add on for energy cultivation, I would suggest pranayama right before meditation.

Edited by - lalow33 on Dec 17 2014 10:17:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

ivorm

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2014 :  1:32:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit ivorm's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for your helpful and constructive replies.

Ecdyonurus : --- You seem to expect that life becomes different after that kind of experience. the "new" energy does not change your life (at least, it did not change mine), unless you decide to use it for some purpose. ---

This rang some bells with me. I've kindof thought that the energy subsuded because I wasn't doing anything useful with it.

jusmail: -- Perhaps that was like the starters before a great meal!! ---

Could be. Could be.

Bodhi Tree: --- So, if I am spiraling towards enlightenment, there is bound to be peaks and valleys. There is also bound to be plateaus where nothing much seems to be changing. But something deep down knows that we are changing, even if very subtle. And there is inner silence, which is beyond change, yet very aware. That is the seed of all experience. ----

I like this. It's very reassuring.
I've also had the feeling sometimes over the last three months that something deep down is changing subtely.

BlueRaincoat : Wise words as always.

--- What you experienced before were the symptoms of an energy rush - a bit like water running for the first time through clogged pipes - there is some knocking about and some visible, possibly dramatic effects. Then the flow of energy stabilises. ----

I love the 'clogged pipes' analogy. It seems to describe exactly what happened.

lalow33 : --- I agree with the other posters; it comes in waves. Continue with your practices, whatever they are. If you are looking to add on for energy cultivation, I would suggest pranayama right before meditation. ---

Thank you lalow33. I will follow your advice.

Many thanks again to all of you.

Best wishes,

Ivor
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000