Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 How to control appetite and reduce weight
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vivekv

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2014 :  1:43:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Guys,

I know this could be the most common question popping up, but I am wondering if there is a specific meditation technique to control appetite and drop some weight. Like focusing on some chakras or certain breathing exercises which act like strong catalysts to total control of appetite.

Your views would be greatly appreciated.

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2014 :  10:59:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Meditation seems to help all by itself. Meditation reduces the Amygdala gland in the brain. The Amygdalais not only responsible for stress but also for cortisol production. If you look at Yogani's survey's you will find many if not most report weightloss from the practice.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2014 :  08:07:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Jonesboy - any kind of deep meditation should help control appetite. Plus yoga in general makes us less interested in very short lived pleasures like tasting food.

Also I remember a link somebody posted on this forum a few weeks ago, which I found very interesting. It's not exactly what you are asking, but you might find it useful - it shows (scientifically proven) that fasting is an effective form of training for getting on top of what they call the 'dietary pleasure trap'. The last half hour of the video is the most relevant:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featu...=nxf4kj8Rb6Y
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2014 :  10:18:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Although it is not my goal, for me what clearly decreases appetite is spinal breathing (practiced with Ujjaji at the same time). It is made evident when practiced in high numbers (to be reached progressively, like adding 12 rounds per month)
Go to Top of Page

Sol Invictus

91 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2014 :  7:22:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Before doing any Sadhana,i had 85kg.Now after 5 years i am down to 70kg,maybe even less.It came gradually without any side effects within first year of Sadhana.It was result of rapidly decreased appetite and that was result of effects of Sadhana.Also,food i like to eat now is quite particular,like veggies,fruits,dry fruits and nuts,lot of milk and other diary products(when back home in Europe,here they don't really have diary industry which sucks),bread..I became vegetarian spontaneously,soon after i have started with Sadhana.
So,from my experience,feeding habits and weight are influenced by Sadhana.
Go to Top of Page

rahul2630

India
5 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2014 :  08:16:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am sharing some natural tips to control on appetite. Like only smell your food instead of eat it. Intake lots of protein and if possible take more amount in breakfast. Try grapefruit, grapefruit is one of the best diet to suppress appetite.

Go to Top of Page

aruna178

India
2 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2014 :  06:53:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Meditation and Sadhana is the only way to low down appetite.. Before doing any yoga exercise you have to prepare mentally.. you have to achieve your goal in all circumstances..
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000