Journal of a Disgruntled Mystic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2015 :  11:18:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You, butterfly, who flutters your wings and dances across the air whimsically
You, butterfly, who adorns your body with floral patterns of ecstasy
You, butterfly, who brings kings to their knees

They try to capture you, then gaze upon you like a dead jewel (no longer alive)
But if you land on me, and spend some time resting--without my grasping
Don't I have the sublimest gift to behold, and how could I put you under glass?

If I whisper enough charms into the atmosphere, will you hear my tune?
Will you answer the call of my melodic musings that sing for your attention?
Have I refined my being enough to be touched by the electricity of your flight?

You, butterfly, who breathes in cadences of silence
You, butterfly, who walks along delicate edges
You, butterfly, who illuminates my dreams
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2015 :  01:19:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I feel a little sickly. Coughing, feverish, tender organs. Makes me appreciate health, and I recall times when I have felt so invincible, like I could never be weakened. Oh well, maybe one day.

Reading Rick Bragg's "All Over but the Shoutin'". He grew up in an impoverished family of heavy drinkers in the rural South. Talk about grounding. Plenty of raw material in his story to direct the mind to some of the harsher realities still present in Earth life.

I can see the appeal of loosening identification with this body, since the territory is fraught with so much danger. Yet, Yogani says the fruit of non-identification is to be found in daily life, so seems like we're in a Catch-22 situation. Detach from the body, but validate your detachment through the body's experiences. Of course, it's the equanimity and poise of inner silence that matters, but aren't we all wishing for better outcomes nevertheless? More health, more peace, more harmony?

Is it a paradox, or just doublespeak deception? Are we aiming for a paradise, or just an unphasable neutrality that is indifferent to the external conditions?

Methinks the inner must shape the outer, and Gollum will not be satisfied until he sees results of manifestation, including the strengthening of the immune system. My preciousss...

The Eye is ever watchful...
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2015 :  02:11:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I feel a little sickly. Coughing, feverish, tender organs. Makes me appreciate health,

i hear you.,this was my case last week.,lots of stuff were released physically and emotionally in this sickness , still the release is not over yet...it is not so pleasant...the energy is high too..but i was told it will settle down then only i will realise that it is all a blessing
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2015 :  12:47:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think you're right. It's a release. Purification. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2015 :  1:22:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Get well soon Bodhi!

The feeling sickly is part of healing - your wonderful immune system being hard at work. Do you know that fever, headaches, tiredness are not caused by pathogens per se. It's when the said immune system kicks into action that you start to feel ill. So if you're grateful for having an immune system, it does follow that you should be grateful for coughs, fevers, tender organs etc.
Don't know if this is going to lift your morale, but I thought I'd try.
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2015 :  2:31:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Is it a paradox, or just doublespeak deception? Are we aiming for a paradise, or just an unshakable neutrality that is indifferent to the external conditions?

Yeah, I dunno. The butterfly poem is lovely, though, dear Smigel.
quote:
The Eye is ever watchful...

Indeed...
Did you know that movie is largely based on Hindu philosophy? It's adapted (via a couple transmutations, e.g., Tolkein's book series) from Wagner's Ring cycle, which is his greatest operatic work (no term short of "music drama" would appease his ego, though). Wagner based the content of the story on the Middle High German epic, the Niebelungenlied, or Song of the Niebelung (dwarf-like, mythic creatures). However, after reading Schopenhauer's main work, The World as Will and Representation, he rewrote the entire opera so it's structure would accord with Hindu thought (via Schopenhauer's German Idealist apologetic). The eye represents the self-reflection of the will between its primordial nature and its phenomenal narrative. It is a personified link between infinite possibility, power, and glory beyond and mortal reality. The awe it inspires comes (in part) from its otherworldly displacement; it burns like a sun in the abyss. So was the Rhine gold stolen from the river in Wagner's Ring.

Sauron, of course (and to a lesser extent, as an extension of his individuated will, the ring), represents our desire for that very plenitude. Whereas Sanathana Dharma realizes the blissful nature of unbound purity, Schopenhauer and Wagner attribute to it a nightmarish blindness and chaotic suffering. Like in Schopenhauer and Wagner, the principal antagonist is individual ego (as portrayed by Sauron in the film, and Alberich in the opera), an unresolved obstruction of consciousness that doubles back erratically onto its very source. It is like biting the hand that feeds us rather than kissing it. Speculation: Not only can satchitananda, as the ultimate Brahman, disintegrate any obstruction that nears the universal fire, but so can it transform it and its extensions (near bodies and environs, behaviors, etc), as is seen in the blight upon the fictional Middle Earth.

Well, I'm sure that's enough gab for one day! I hope you feel better, rest up, and continue to walk gently toward the light.

Edited by - Anima on Jan 15 2015 3:01:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2015 :  4:32:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Strong, BlueRaincoat! Your sentiments are morale boosters, and much appreciated.

@Anima
I didn't realize how intertwined the story was with Hindu philosophy, but it makes sense. Actually, I was watching clips with Liv Tyler and the elven music playing in the background, and that is very soothing.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2015 :  07:48:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Feeling better?
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2015 :  5:48:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, feeling better, for sure. The fever is gone, and only a trifling cough remains. Thank you for checking, darling.

However, in my semi-delirious condition, I have received a transmission from a higher dimension, and it goes like this:

"I need to be on the naked plain of Mombee, where the twitter twatter of the wild bushes sings in concupiscent curds of borrowed phrases from poets past. Alas, I am the embodiment of ice cream with flavors of vanilla, coffee, and chocolate rising in the creamery of the Grand Cow Milk Hotel. Behold, I have descended upon your realm to bring great decadence and fancies for your palette."

LOL. Kidding. That's just pure silliness. Humor helps with recovery.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2015 :  8:05:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
back in the saddle again
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2015 :  2:47:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm densely packed, but that's okay
The mud will surely wash away

The dirt and grime are food for thought
Don't believe it's all for naught

Sometimes we slip, and even fall
How many times, I don't recall

All I know is, I'm here today
I think we've found a better way.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2015 :  7:42:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been in dark places. Places full of shame, disease, and shadow. Some of the suffering lingers.

I've been in bright places. Places where there are no traces of sorrow. Only the bliss of no trouble. Only the paradise of joy incarnate.

I've been in between, pulled to and fro by the winds of destiny. Tempted, inspired, disillusioned, rejuvenated, persistent with the quest of searching. At times cowardly, at times brave.

Now, looking at the world, and being an inextricable part of the world myself, I see beauty everlasting. Not fading away with bodies that rot and crumble. Not scarred by battle wounds of rage. Not perverted by twisted minds. No!

Pristine at the core. Indestructible, inexhaustible, inexplicable. I can't prove it to you, but you know it's true. You know it's true, and we won't quit until the truth rises to the surface: to be touched and tasted, to be given away and transcended, to be loved and recreated.

Behold, a miracle.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2015 :  01:49:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  10:15:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The pupils in my eyes are like ice cream scoopers that scoop up curds of beauty in the panorama before me. Blades of grass, insects, tree bark, human beings with their texture and energy. Walt Whitman knew what time it was.

The beauty streams in on packets and ribbons of experience. The data mine of potential is inexhaustible. The horizon is curved because no straight line can contain the bountiful treasures of the world.

If you would only look at me, and share the intensity of our gaze in silence, the pretenses would melt away quickly. Naked, innocent, yearning. Calm, unsure, curious. Brilliant and brave for taking the chance.

Take the chance. Let the quietude become ecstatic. Let the boundaries dissolve, slowly spiraling into our mutual, unique cosmos.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2015 :  02:49:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Love it ! Bodhi Tree....
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2015 :  07:23:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A lovely valentine
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2015 :  1:13:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Chillin' under the dome, glazed in snow, the sun makes the ice glimmer with endless sparkles.

Exchanging points of view, sharing empty space filled with natural objects, the silence waits patiently to be touched.

New friends, acquaintances, travelers. The eyes tell much, and maybe more, than words. Seeing the subtle, energetic middle point, the collective recipe brews for success, wherein all parties enter and walk away closer to the infinite, spiral destiny which I affirm and celebrate within the lineage and trail of what has come before, as well as what will come to be.

Following the bliss, stirring the embers, envisioning and releasing images of grandeur and simplicity, the community carves its signature into an eternal landscape, perhaps impermanent on its surface, but changeless and everlasting at its core.

I value your tones and echoes. I see your angle as equally valid, meaningful, and full of purpose. I meet you on the edge, where we can merge, in a way that instills our highest and best good.

A dream unfolds.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2015 :  5:27:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A tip of the for all those gathering in Michigan!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2015 :  5:44:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It was a magical place, with magical people. Only wish it had lasted longer. If I can ever get my act together, I want to host a week long retreat. All in good time...
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2015 :  07:37:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

Chillin' under the dome, glazed in snow, the sun makes the ice glimmer with endless sparkles.

Exchanging points of view, sharing empty space filled with natural objects, the silence waits patiently to be touched.

New friends, acquaintances, travelers. The eyes tell much, and maybe more, than words. Seeing the subtle, energetic middle point, the collective recipe brews for success, wherein all parties enter and walk away closer to the infinite, spiral destiny which I affirm and celebrate within the lineage and trail of what has come before, as well as what will come to be.

Following the bliss, stirring the embers, envisioning and releasing images of grandeur and simplicity, the community carves its signature into an eternal landscape, perhaps impermanent on its surface, but changeless and everlasting at its core.

I value your tones and echoes. I see your angle as equally valid, meaningful, and full of purpose. I meet you on the edge, where we can merge, in a way that instills our highest and best good.

A dream unfolds.

Thanks for sharing Bodhi! Sounds like a blissful experience
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2015 :  09:52:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
It was a magical place, with magical people. Only wish it had lasted longer. If I can ever get my act together, I want to host a week long retreat. All in good time...

Thanks, Bodhi for the update. May be in a few years, when the kids are little older- I'll be able to attend one of your retreats.

Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2015 :  11:16:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I think the AYP community is a slow-rolling snowball that is gradually acquiring momentum, so there are sure to be plenty of opportunities for retreats in the future. (I need to get my act together and make one happen in the lovely F-L-A. )
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2015 :  7:58:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is granularity: pixels and points. There are follicles to sense them all. There is this need to sense as much as possible, to not miss out. Do you feel it? There is a craving to protect and defend the option of sensibility, to make sure the instruments are finely tuned and honed for receptivity.

What is pain but a sensation imbued with wisdom? What is pleasure but a seduction for more? A game. Life is a game to be mastered, for sure. To be hypnotized and sedated will not suffice. To be illuminated and invigorated, calmly and skillfully, is the way.

I have heard many sounds, many tones, many vibrations. Yes, there is probably one source from which they come, but no, I do not like them equally. Perhaps love them equally, but not like. It is a fickle thing, but important nonetheless. We are sensitive creatures meant to discern between gradations of quality.

What is true? What is authentic? What is of the highest quality? If I do not ask these questions, I will fall into a stupor of dumbness, where pain will surely come to greet me and remind me of my misdirection. And waking again, the sublime eternal will lead me home, to where there is no pain, to where the pleasure has melted into the porridge of its creation.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2015 :  8:48:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2015 :  08:06:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

If I do not ask these questions, I will fall into a stupor of dumbness, where pain will surely come to greet me and remind me of my misdirection. And waking again, the sublime eternal will lead me home, to where there is no pain, to where the pleasure has melted into the porridge of its creation.

Every time I ask these questions, I receive the same answer, "you will find it in stillness"
But still the questions arise, and that is good

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000