Journal of a Disgruntled Mystic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2015 :  12:07:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Amen, Charliedog. Resting, in the mystery.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2015 :  11:57:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Not straining, but being acutely aware of my being
Not worrying, but tending to the rudiments
Not striving, but looking forward to the horizon

These fine filaments speak in quiet, strong voices
They do not shutter at threat of extinction
They are eternally vested in whims of rejuvenation

Good humor, and good cheer
Hang on the periphery of disease
And beneath the sickness too

Burning, cooling, oscillating for happiness
Trusting, testing, wandering towards betterment
Resting, reclining, surrendering...into stillness.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2015 :  10:34:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It comes in waves. Fuzz, pressure, chills, tickles, flashes of rage, swells of peace. I wake in the night with muscles clenching and organs reeling from purification. Is it something minor? I think so, for what is not minor in comparison to the Major Infinite? I endure, and adapt, and cooperate.

Sometimes a noise in another room pierces my electric field in between stages of sleep and shocks me to the core. There is no more doubt that my body is connected to everything. It is only a matter of degrees, boundary conditions, and layers of self. The friction reminds me of our innate connectivity.

But this drama is not the norm. The norm is an eager quietness, an engaged relaxation, a passionate detachment. I want much, but somehow I know all is coming, and already here. So, I return to the cliche so exhaustively used...to be here now.

On the phone, the voices of nurses soothe me, and I know I do the same. It is very courteous, very compassionate, very pure. So close to death, the vivacity of life comes forth. It is precious and delicate, and definitely strong too, but I dare not talk much about it because some things need to be guarded. I cannot share every last detail. But there is no problem; there is plenty of meaningful information to be dispersed.

Edited by - Bodhi Tree on Mar 12 2015 10:38:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2015 :  02:35:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

Sometimes a noise in another room pierces my electric field in between stages of sleep and shocks me to the core. There is no more doubt that my body is connected to everything. It is only a matter of degrees, boundary conditions, and layers of self. The friction reminds me of our innate connectivity.

I get that a lot too. It can be quite painful. There is a secondary road running some 10m away from the front of my home and at times, vehicles going up that road run right through me.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2015 :  04:19:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

But this drama is not the norm. The norm is an eager quietness, an engaged relaxation, a passionate detachment. I want much, but somehow I know all is coming, and already here. So, I return to the cliche so exhaustively used...to be here now.

Sound in Stillness
All in Nothing
All is Coming
Now
In this moment
The only one that is
There is everything we need
Cliche
Is it?
Now or Love
If you are aware
which do you prefer?

Edited by - Charliedog on Mar 13 2015 04:39:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2015 :  11:15:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

I get that a lot too. It can be quite painful. There is a secondary road running some 10m away from the front of my home and at times, vehicles going up that road run right through me.

Sey

I think it will smooth out for us. Thank you for relating.

@Charliedog
https://youtu.be/i-WkdQT47eY
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2015 :  05:54:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2015 :  5:23:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cascading into vibrations that seem most potent and alive. Training my senses to adapt to the call of music coming from an invisible source. Restoring follicles of finer perception for the purpose of demonstration and expression. Trusting in the mercy of God to reward anyone striving for ecstasy and embodiment.

My mental enemies create a healthy tension. My allies do the same. Words come easily when the conduit of subtle electricity is well-tuned. The air breathes with energy. I see lines and patterns swirling about in concordant patterns of geometry. Holograms, holograms, holograms. One big hologram.

I pity the fool that clings to detachment--denying the artistry yet to be discovered or revealed. I pity the bland, dull victims of their own algorithmic hypnosis. I pity myself, because I am them, and they are me.

Incrementally, with spasms of the diaphragm, echoes of laughter resound across a field of empty sound. Muscles rock and roll with rhythm and soul. Burned fibers repair and rejuvenate like scorched Earth that resurrects upon its own soil. Tears of joy soak the flesh and perspire into the atmosphere.

I indulge, and I trim back too. I write freely, and I edit when needed. I strive for more, and I fall back into what is already here. And who am I?...(((the silence of no answer speaks volumes)))...
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2015 :  6:24:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That was excellent Bodhi!!!
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2015 :  6:36:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
And who am I?...(((the silence of no answer speaks volumes)))...

...and yet the question is answered by the kisses of a million bubbles as they return upward to the Source, leaving me in their wake with promised whispers of akasha, soon.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2015 :  7:17:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, sunyata!

quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

...and yet the question is answered by the kisses of a million bubbles as they return upward to the Source, leaving me in their wake with promised whispers of akasha, soon.

Niiice. Must be that bubbly...that cosmic champagne, you know (much better than the alcoholic kind ).
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2015 :  7:41:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Inspired Bodhi Tree, thank you for sharing that!
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2015 :  04:37:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I write freely, and I edit when needed. I strive for more, and I fall back into what is already here. And who am I?...(((the silence of no answer speaks volumes)))...

Lately I see words in a different way,
Is it I who speaks the words,
or are the words spoken.......
Words can touch, words can heal.....

Thanks for your beautiful words Bodhi!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2015 :  09:31:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The pen is mightier than the sword. Here's to words, Charliedog!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2015 :  12:02:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
[...more stream of consciousness, sputtering nonsense...]

look upon these quantitative and qualitative angles, filled with what-ness

i resign myself to never worry about fearsome futures brooding in the distance
instead to respond eagerly to what comes my way
surveying the options, trusting in the culmination of time and space as friendly shadows

ancient memories of innocence and unbridled purity haunt me delightfully
tickling my doubt into submission
with laughter weaving my web of genius and resurrection

i leap into the air with spring-loaded muscle contractions to catch the soaring object of shared velocity.
my curiosity is worthy and my imitation is forgivable.

the trees stretch unshakably and chuckle at the follies of vicious creatures:
at the mercy of powers beyond comprehension
yet benevolent
somehow
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2015 :  10:51:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In a galaxy, far, far away...we now tune in to our local cosmic TV station to watch...The Detachment Games...[voice of cosmic announcer becomes audible]

Now it's time to play The Detachment Games! Kind of like The Hunger Games, but without so much at stake (wink wink ).

Now, in this game, we have 3 players. We have Ego, Mind, and Self. 2 of these 3 players are enemies, leaving only 1 as the protagonist, or hero. Obviously, not the fairest of odds. Can you guess which 2 are the enemies? I bet you can! Yes, that's right, Ego and Mind are the conspiring enemies that will be plotting to kill Self during the course of our epic adventure. Together, Ego and Mind will act as formidable foes against Self--relentlessly working to torture and annihilate Self in any way possible. But!--have no fear, Self has a way to persevere and emerge victorious. What is the way to victory!? Well, it is none other than DETACHMENT, of course!

By detaching...constantly, rapidly, and cleverly...Self will evade the wicked grasp of Ego and Mind, thereby remaining comfortably abstract, beyond tangible form, and safely harbored in profound concepts like emptiness, consciousness, awareness, and spirit. Once Self has retreated into the vast ocean of nothingness, where Ego and Mind cannot go, Self can begin its counterattack against the pestilent foes. What does the counterattack consist of? More detachment, of course! Self will keep detaching tirelessly, endlessly, and effortlessly until Ego and Mind are nothing but faint memories of a nightmarish battle that only required the weaponry of faithful detachment...to recede, retract, dissolve and disappear into the boundless source of the game itself!

May the most detached Self win!

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2015 :  08:22:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Detachment Games is brought to you by Turtle Wax, your go-to brand for "wax on, wax off".
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2015 :  11:13:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes! Thank you, I forgot to mention the sponsor. Next...will be catching a single fly with chopsticks.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2015 :  11:38:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Why does it have to be single? Is this some new form of discrimination?
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2015 :  5:06:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good point. Any good spiritual capitalist would incorporate multiple sponsors. I'm thinking Quiksilver...riding the wave of bliss consciousness, sinking into the ocean of Now...
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2015 :  5:24:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You mean every sponsor with his own fly? And the option to go fishing in the ocean of Now?
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2015 :  10:18:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ah, so you're a fisherwoman, are you? I thought so. Well.. "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it."
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2015 :  04:37:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, when all things have merged into one, I'll probably be a fisherwoman too. I'll drink to that
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2015 :  11:03:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Speak to me in a language I can hear. Humor me before I have to go. Deep in thought I forgive everyone, as the cluttered streets greet me once again. I know I can't be late--supper's waiting on the table. Tomorrow's just an excuse away, so I pull my collar up and face the cold, on my own.

The earth laughs beneath my heavy feet at the blasphemy in my old jangly walk. Steeple guide me to my heart and home. The sun is out and up and down again. I know I'll make it; love can last forever. Graceful swans have never toppled to the earth. And you can make it last forever--you. You can make it last forever--you.

And for a moment I lose myself, wrapped up in the pleasures of the world. I've journeyed here and there and back again, but in the same old haunts I still find my friends: mysteries not ready to reveal, sympathies I'm ready to return. I'll make the effort; love can last forever. Graceful swans have never toppled to the earth. Tomorrow's just an excuse, and you can make it last forever--you. You can make it last forever--you."

--Smashing Pumpkins
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2015 :  9:22:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Back in the day when I was a hungry ghost, I would pop pills to sedate my mind and bask in artificial bliss. It's bitter on the way down, but once the chemicals get absorbed, anxiety just disappears. Oh yeah, those benzodiazepenes work like a charm. Somehow the chemicals start talking to receptors, then the nervous system gets tricked...for a little while. But all the fears resurface eventually, and there it is: the rawness of life, waiting to be confronted, navigated through, transcended.

The biggest trick of all is believing that the pills themselves are producing the experience. But that ain't the truth. The truth is that the pills are little keys--unlocking doors, or maybe closing them. Either way, what's behind the door gets revealed, or obscured, and what's behind the door IS the experience. And what's behind the door? It is the mind, consciousness, awareness. It is what could never be contained in a pill, though pills and their molecules are a product of that source.

So it turns out I was chasing my own mind, trying to outsmart it with synthetic shortcuts. Well, the mind won't be outsmarted. The mind is the platform for life, and its boundaries are in place for very good reasons--reasons that become more apparent the deeper into the mind we go. See, life is trying to shape us into something special, like a piece of clay being molded by a sculptor. And who is the sculptor? Well, it's you, and me, and a part of ourselves that isn't so easy to identify. But whoever or whatever we may be, we are definitely here, and there, and wherever else we want to be.

So where do I want to be now? In ecstatic bliss, of course. In the liquid air, in the fiery heart, in the holographic stratosphere of Being that we've always been inside: where we keep wanting to discover more. And that's fine to want more, and will be fine, until the end of time, which will never happen, so what's the problem? There is no problem, unless you want one. Well, problem or no problem, I find myself still chasing a horizon that gets closer. And within the closeness is where I find salvation, liberation, joy. Being immersed in the vibratory field of rhythm, harmony, and melody...dancing upon the pin head of the eternal...giving in to the mysterious seduction of Her attraction. No pills required. Just an assortment of practices that don't cost a thing.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000