Journal of a Disgruntled Mystic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2015 :  02:41:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

I find myself still chasing a horizon that gets closer. And within the closeness is where I find salvation, liberation, joy. Being immersed in the vibratory field of rhythm, harmony, and melody...dancing upon the pin head of the eternal...giving in to the mysterious seduction of Her attraction. No pills required. Just an assortment of practices that don't cost a thing.

Chasing,
seeking more, deeper, further ....
still not completely satisfied
have we ?
Then again, what else can we do.....
addicted to divinity
So let's keep on chasing,
see how deep we can dive in
infinite divine love

edit spelling

Edited by - Charliedog on Apr 11 2015 04:50:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2015 :  8:07:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Charliedog. Yes, let's keep on diving deeper.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2015 :  06:13:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We chase until we caught by our prey
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2015 :  11:57:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hehehe...I like that. Active surrender to being slaughtered by the divine. It's an ecstatic kill.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2015 :  8:05:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is something sacred still here. The native flute player says so, with long notes that stretch out far, in no rush whatsoever. They echo across the canyon, leaving room for silence. The space in between has no price tag. The breakneck pace of the consumer appetite will come and go, but the quiet Spirit will remain. Calmly, patiently, understandably tolerating the madness.

The slow tremolo of the melody speaks of ancient tapestries woven together into the fabric of time. Like a bird's nest carefully constructed, the branches and twigs of our culture endure the weather of change. Eroded, rearranged, at times destroyed, we put them back together again. The cycle of birth and rebirth sustains our lineage.

The Divine Mother holds Her creation in the palm of Her hands. She is beauty eternal. She is everlasting love. She is the muse of the flute player and the inspiration behind the music of centuries past, and centuries yet to come.

Whispers, invocations, testaments. Homages, reveries, celebrations. These are the trail of tears and laughter: carved into stone, put forth as offerings, fading away in the distance. Who would not want to be wrapped in the bosom of Her embrace? Like a child, or a lover. Like a friend, or a brother. A wounded bird, a soaring eagle, a rabbit hopping and thumping across the landscape of feeling and sound...with vision, always vision.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2015 :  06:28:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
He Bodhi, you described my vision of Radhe Govinda
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2015 :  4:36:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Charliedog

He Bodhi, you described my vision of Radhe Govinda

Yeah!!!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2015 :  11:34:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Day by day, step by step, the sensations roll across me, through me, beyond me. Peeling a tangerine, sitting on the birch wood of the bench, breathing in the oxygenated air.

Desires percolate the atmosphere, inside and out. The giant matrix of Being stretches, contracts, respires and expires. In circles and straight lines, in curvatures and monuments of solidity.

There is no problem. There is only solution, and my distance from the solution. There is no darkness, but only a dimness of light. And that dimness of light is welcome on the post-midnight highway, when the soft blackness cloaks my vision as I speed forward on the pavement with rubber wheels and gasoline combustion.

I saw Bob Dylan last night. He wheezed and rasped his tunes off like an old dog moaning in distress. Sharp enough to form some comprehensible sound, but worn out from many years of travelling. In the midst of the noise and sound, I receded into a deep contemplative state, unperturbed by the friction of his howl. I yearned for more closeness to the elements: water, air, fire, earth, inner space. That is my only chance--returning to the elements. Anything else is a mental trap, and those abound, especially in spiritual circles.

The path is within reach. It has never gone away, never will go away, always will stay.

"I depart as air, I shake my white locks at the runaway sun,
I effuse my flesh in eddies, and drift it in lacy jags.

I bequeath myself to the dirt to grow from the grass I love,
If you want me again look for me under your boot-soles.

You will hardly know who I am or what I mean,
But I shall be good health to you nevertheless,
And filter and fibre your blood.

Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged,
Missing me one place search another,
I stop somewhere waiting for you.
" (Whitman)
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2015 :  03:25:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So Hum
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2015 :  02:11:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Her flesh is like vibrant cookie dough. Full of intelligence, but soft and sensual. The Goddess within her stretches from depths of Spirit to the smallest details of her transient shape. She has a fire burning at the core that glows forth from her eyes.

She can change a shade of emotion from disillusion to ecstatic bliss. She can roar like a lion. She can dig her claws in. She can be delicate too, like a feather brushing against the air...like a wing caressing a gnarly branch that's been yearning for touch.

She is. She is. She is.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2015 :  02:48:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Silence
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2015 :  7:44:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Talk with me, my Daimon!
You smile mysteriously-
and disappear in luminous infinity.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2015 :  7:52:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Blanche

Talk with me, my Daimon!
You smile mysteriously-
and disappear in luminous infinity.

Yes!
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1534 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2015 :  01:53:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
All under the Bodhi tree
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 08 2015 :  2:28:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This sun, burning through the atmosphere at a steady rate. So steady as to be stillness itself.

I see your image, unique and unmistakable. I hear your voice, carving out its signature.

I went on a quest from my doorstep to the poolside. In between are big trees like broccoli heads getting baked by solar energy. Slightly more distant the rumble of the moving highway. In my hand the little rectangle to communicate. Is the world at the tips of the fingers, perhaps at the interface between inside and out?

A breeze blows by to shimmer the leaves. The friendly rustle, the friendly hustle, the friendly bustle. This agenda is mininal. This trajectory is maximal. This cryptic puzzle can be solved, or not.

I should learn to speak another language, then when these vibratory taps roll off the mittens, I'll be a little bit closer to living diversity. The flavors or her audacity are meant to be swallowed, when the fruit is pure, and the poison is given its place, not to be hated, per se, but left aside as a reminder of what is possible.

To travel far, and to keep travelling.
Go to Top of Page

Beehive

USA
117 Posts

Posted - May 08 2015 :  4:49:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I love all of your beautiful writing. One of the many things that has amazed me about this yoga path is how it has changed some very fundamental things in me like LOVING spiritual poetry. I used to really have NO interest in poetry of any kind! Now I just melt when I open this forum.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 08 2015 :  7:43:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Beehive. Glad it resonates with you. If you're liking poetry, I heartily recommend Walt Whitman's Song of Myself. That piece in particular is pretty mind-blowing. Wishing you the best.
Go to Top of Page

Beehive

USA
117 Posts

Posted - May 08 2015 :  7:58:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can't wait to look at it.... Thank you for the recommendation.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - May 09 2015 :  04:38:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Beehive

One of the many things that has amazed me about this yoga path is how it has changed some very fundamental things in me like LOVING spiritual poetry. I used to really have NO interest in poetry of any kind! Now I just melt when I open this forum.

Likewise Beehive, welcome at the Bhodi fanclub

@ Bodhi
Thank you for sharing your inspiring words.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 10 2015 :  1:29:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Charliedog

Likewise Beehive, welcome at the Bhodi fanclub

@ Bodhi
Thank you for sharing your inspiring words.

Thank you for reading and responding. Love. Unity. Inner Sensuality.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - May 10 2015 :  8:59:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
NIce, Bodhi Tree!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 13 2015 :  10:08:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As I keep stumbling forward, with all my bluffs, charades, and confusion, I wonder whether there will be a plateau where I will no longer wince at these follies...where the friction has so diminished as to be a distant memory. In the moment of raging thoughts, guilt, and frustration, I know I am somehow unbreakable, somehow beyond the body. Somehow, even unspeakable tragedies cannot touch me.

Still, the whimpering of the ego voice persists, sometimes grand, silent, quiet...sometimes volatile, high-pitched, erratic. There's no escaping. There is only going through. Going through and refining. Going through and shedding skin. Going through and building structures to be filled with ornaments and a palette of details.

What is not lacking is variety. So many shades of emotion. Bright, orange euphoria. Soft, insightful purple. All-encompassing golden rays of sunshine from the inner eye, and quiet darkness to rest in. I do not fear the darkness; I only fear being paralyzed in a web of shock and torture, and when that occurs, it never lasts anyway. Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost.

And then there is that singular moment of incomprehensibility, when I try to consider life as a whole, and the vast miraculousness of it dwarfs my warp-speed contemplation, and the questions arise: How can it be? Why is there even anything? How is it so beautiful and enticing and even horrifying? The answer is so shattering in its silence. The most penetrating silence. The most knowing silence. The most undeniable silence.

I can't stop writing, nor do I want to.

(My brother said I speak from an ivory tower, but I came down a little bit, and we got level.)
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - May 14 2015 :  04:02:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

I can't stop writing, nor do I want to.

Writing helps, it helps to see all your illusions, very clear. ( I can say that was one of the best tools for me)
Every stone has to be turned, nothing left unseen. At he end, completely naked and surrendering perhaps you see that it was only you. You can be your hell, you can be your heaven, but it is you, the doer, the ego, the person.

I know from your writings that you have a resistance against guru's, who are saying drop the ego, but this what they mean.

There can be no real freedom if the ego is there.... You know this already, Stillness is whispering this in your ear. Action has to be in Stillness, Stillness in action. In my opinion every problem in one's life is ego in action.

quote:
(My brother said I speak from an ivory tower, but I came down a little bit, and we got level.)

There is an old saying: If you think you are enlightened, go living for a week with your family....

Love, unity, wisdom

Edited by - Charliedog on May 14 2015 04:32:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 14 2015 :  11:30:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes...stillness in action...the only way to fly. Or, as J.J. Cale sings: Travelin' light.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - May 14 2015 :  3:19:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000