AYPsite.org Forum
 Enlightenment Milestones
 akasha & consciousness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2014 :  07:22:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Not sure where to put this ..

So I realize today what I've been experiencing in daily life is the perception of akasha.. Aether element.

Wasn't sure what it was but its been cool

Infinitely large but a single point. Everything one body but also separate. Matter as energy. Everything is changing.. Matter is like a very slowly moving liquid. The only solidity is consciousness.

Now I have to ask, it seems that aether is the field of consciousness in which prakriti dances. It is the container. Is this the case? There is more of course, the realm of advaita is 'above' aether where prakriti and puruaha merge.

This is so interesting. Anyone have anything to add? I've never experienced aether consistently in daily life before this.

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2014 :  2:17:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool!!

Ether is the subtlest element of all. But it is still an element (tattwa) and therefore a manifestation of Shakti. Then comes the "maha tattwa", then Shakti as the witnessing consciousness and then Purusha. This is from a tantric standpoint. Purusha is emptiness and Prakrithi is form. The heart sutra states that form is emptiness and emptiness is form. Thus, there is no one "occurring in" another. They are the same. In stillness or total absorption (Nirvikalpa samadhi, for instance), there is only Purusha, which itself becomes Prakrithi with assumption of form and/or movement.

Not sure if this helps. Two cents either way.

Go to Top of Page

Govinda

USA
176 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2014 :  3:18:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tonightsthenight

Infinitely large but a single point.

Yes, I have experienced this too. The Bindu draws us deeper and deeper still. All movement ceases, when the two become unified as one.
quote:
This is so interesting. Anyone have anything to add? I've never experienced aether consistently in daily life before this.

It seems that we each exist on multiple planes, simultaneously. The infinite requires the emptiness, to allow for the finite form and fullness of manifestation. Yet, there is ultimately, but one presence inherent in all of this seeming diversity.

Many statements could be added... but words cannot capture the limitlessness of Brahman. Even the AUM vibration is a relative manifestation of the unmanifest Spirit and not the unbound nature of the Supreme Being. Yet, that being said, paradoxically it is wholly symmetrical and symbiotic, as all is indivisibly one.

As the Sufis emphatically exclaim, "La ilaha il Allah Hu!" Thy Light is within all things. Ergo, the effulgence of the Sacred Omniscience moves through the ether of empty space, reaching all forms of life in most unique and appropriate ways. Love is the buzz.
quote:
originally posted by kami
The heart sutra states that form is emptiness and emptiness is form. Thus, there is no one "occurring in" another. They are the same. In stillness or total absorption (Nirvikalpa samadhi, for instance), there is only Purusha, which itself becomes Prakrithi with assumption of form and/or movement. Not sure if this helps. Two cents either way.

And two profoundly insightful pennies to offer, as usual! Such poetically wise words make my heart smile a mile wide. They surely are the same!

I often ponder if there was no I-thought, no ego or illusory witness to perceive the random play of duality... does it even exist at all (this apparent mirage of separation)? As we are dreaming this reality up, I suspect more and more so, that there is no real division or isolation from the Divine... as naught else but Ishvara/God/Allah exists! We are one and the same being. It's so sweet to reflect this truth with one another.

Hari Om Tat Sat
Go to Top of Page

chinmayo

Finland
67 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2014 :  6:48:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"There is no God (to be worshipped), only Allah"

8)
Go to Top of Page

Govinda

USA
176 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2014 :  11:31:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by chinmayo

"There is no God (to be worshipped), only Allah" 8)

Yes, chinmayo, the literal translation is, "There is no God but Allah". How could there be? But I chose the more liberal version, from this website, as it shifts the emphasis from chastising other cultures for their region's deities, worshiped world-over during the lifetime of the historical Muhammad, to one which conveys the notion of Allah as the all-pervasive, Omniversal Light of Divinity. "The Word made flesh." http://www.godlove.tv/

'Tis this Sacred Light, whose Supreme effulgence exists everywhere, within all so-called Gods or Goddesses, manifest as all things, here and now (as well as within non-things and the sheer emptiness of akasha). It seemed to me, more applicable to this thread and it's discussion of akasha, ether or the void of formless space.

Akasha, itself being conduit for the manifestation of this whole miraculous display of Brahman/God/Allah's. Please forgive such a broad interpretive paraphrasing. But Allah being the only God and existence originating from Allah and therefore, everything is made-up of God stuff, HU being, "Just He".

And it this Light of Grace which moves lovingly and resplendently, to touch all symbiotic membranes of being, all the various interconnected threads/planes within the dream of Brahman, whose unmanifest glory becomes Ishvara's lila, activated by Nataraja's cosmic dance (themselves quantum strings within the Unified Field of Being).

So in quintessence, Allah mercifully illuminates all minds and hearts (regardless of religious conception or form of faith). God divides and God unites. We are all dreamers and we are each called to awaken, from deep within ourselves. The wise choose to open themselves up to this Sacred interphase, this Divine Remembrance of the true nature of the epicenter of I AM. Ego is our transient delusion, right? For only the reality of the imperishable Tao is eternal, infinite and immortal. Paradoxically, we are also That... for even Mego the ego is Holiness at play, albeit hidden from most but... immanently perfect, nonetheless.

Within the holographic projection of this manifestation, empty space allows for this whole universal play and it is also a splendid medium of the spiritual transference of Truth, or in other words, God perpetually touching God-self. There is naught but Allah... and The All is Indivisibly One, a wholly Omniversal phenomenon. Naught else occurs, ever.

Tat Tvam As
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2014 :  4:49:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Govinda,

Your insights are beautiful, as always. Thank you.

It seems to be a necessary thing to traverse the path from a divisive ego self to nothingness and back to the ego, but this time knowing the difference. This time around, the ego (mine and everyone else's) is known to be empty - empty of any inherent substance. Paradoxically, this allows for love and joy previously unknown. Having tasted emptiness, the fullness of manifestation is embraced openly. Life is lived more fully, each experience savored while it lasts and let go when done. Nothing is un-holy, and therefore nothing is rejected. My own (and others') quirkiness is welcomed as it arises. Pretty cool

Sorry to hijack your thread TTN.

Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2014 :  11:21:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kami

Govinda,

Your insights are beautiful, as always. Thank you.

It seems to be a necessary thing to traverse the path from a divisive ego self to nothingness and back to the ego, but this time knowing the difference. This time around, the ego (mine and everyone else's) is known to be empty - empty of any inherent substance. Paradoxically, this allows for love and joy previously unknown. Having tasted emptiness, the fullness of manifestation is embraced openly. Life is lived more fully, each experience savored while it lasts and let go when done. Nothing is un-holy, and therefore nothing is rejected. My own (and others') quirkiness is welcomed as it arises. Pretty cool

Sorry to hijack your thread TTN.

Don't be sorry. This post pretty much encapsulates this whole thing called life.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000