Enlightenment Milestones
 Second realisation after Enlightenment
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

digofarias

Brazil
63 Posts

Posted - May 10 2014 :  1:45:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I had a SECOND realisation yesterday and I'd like to share it with you guys as it can help those who dropped the belief in a separate I but are struggling in the path yet just like me.

My first realisation was through LU (Liberation Unleashed) process of self-inquiry and sure enough I perceived through the belief in a separate entity called "I". Yes, I noticed the spontaneous flow of "the experience" and that "All is one", etc. Adyashanti's speeches and books like Emptiness dancing helped reinforce that.

However, I was still the same guy that would get hurt with people's words and carrying the same tendencies. I was engaged in SBP+DM and feeling better each day like many AYP practitioners.

Yesterday I decided to meditate focusing on Nothingness while lying down. I had nothing to do and my baby was sleeping on me. So why not? I gave it a go. After around 30 minutes like that something really impressive happened.

I went through a state where the EGO-IMPRESSION was absent. You may say "oh, but wasn't the I gone after Enlightenment?" and the and answer is yes, the belief was gone but the rooted impression still remained and I wasn't aware of it up to yesterday. This imaginary I is not only a mere belief but an ACTUAL unconscious IMPRESSION that is attached to EVERY MOVEMENT, THOUGHT and everything we do. It functions just like that:

[EGO][EXPERIENCE] - 24/7

I'm not very educated in Yoga but I believe the correct term for it is Samskara. The first thing that I did after coming back from this state was to experience looking at things around me without that impression - and guess what? - BOOOOMM!! My whole energy body shook strongly and lots of stuff being released all day long. I noticed that this impression was present even while I was making my body movements to park my car. Weird eh?

So, why I thought it's worth sharing? Because if you can manage to get to this same state of "Nothingness" then you can compare this state without I-impression with your regular state when you come back.

What I noticed was that my work is just starting. I have to work very hard to switch to EGOLESS state in everything that I cling to, but at least I know the path.

To sum up, I just wanted to say that I wouldn't be able to get to this state without my uninterrupted 2-months of SBP+DM as they made my restless mind become much calmer and concentrate more easily. Hope it's useful to someone.

Cheers.

Edited by - digofarias on May 10 2014 7:53:24 PM

Ayiram

88 Posts

Posted - May 11 2014 :  07:41:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ayiram's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Beautiful, digofarias! Thanks for sharing...

let this be your inspiration and let it go, don´t hurry yourself and don´t set any expectations - everything has its time. Just keep your AYP practice regular and "all is coming" (P.Jois)...

Go to Top of Page

digofarias

Brazil
63 Posts

Posted - May 11 2014 :  11:33:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks! I've just found out there is a name for this meditation. It's Shikantaza zazen meditation. It's very powerful.

Cheers

quote:
Originally posted by Ayiram

Beautiful, digofarias! Thanks for sharing...

let this be your inspiration and let it go, don´t hurry yourself and don´t set any expectations - everything has its time. Just keep your AYP practice regular and "all is coming" (P.Jois)...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000