How do I love everyone like I love God?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2014 :  9:44:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

This question has been burning inside me... I asked God once, tell me how do I enter into your sea of light and He answered "Love". I said but I love. He replied, Love everyone and everything the way you love.

In theory, it is understood but in practice it's really hard. Would appreciate any insights on this matter. How to love everyone and everything like we love God?

Much love to all

I think Ether said it so succinctly, find how everything seen in others is a reflection of what is within ourselves (at least to some degree). With true understanding comes compassion, which is an openness of the heart that allows a natural flow of love without intensity or condition.
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2014 :  10:30:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
but your notions , your opinions about people, everything you have in mind to the side. that is an internal way of bowing down. soon you will be bowing down to the trees, to the scenary; putting what you think about it to the side. thats devotion-being devoid of yourself
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2014 :  3:48:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had a vision of my satguru a few days back... In it he asked me what is true bathing (Religious washing in islam...)

I answered; The letting go of my thoughts and understandings. To which he said; well done well done

Thank you for everyone who contributed to this subject Salam
Go to Top of Page

Truth_IS

Australia
7 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2014 :  10:30:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Truth_IS's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beloved Ananda,

May the grace of your Satguru continue to shower your consciousness with Love-Bliss!

Eckhart Tolle (and probably many others) writes "words are signposts". I've also often seen them referred to as 'pointers'.

It's NEVER about the word/thought/idea/concept! It's only ever about That (which can't be thought/spoken)! :-)

But what words can do is 'serve' as a constant reminder. The Bhakti reabsorbs the ego with Love, whereas the Gnani destroys it with Wisdom. But both simply lead to That.

For the Gnani "I" points to ego. For the Bhakti you/me/we/us/I points to the Supreme (there is no differentiation between the labels).

Thank You. I Love You.

Go to Top of Page

Nitant

India
5 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2014 :  02:48:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

This question has been burning inside me... I asked God once, tell me how do I enter into your sea of light and He answered "Love". I said but I love. He replied, Love everyone and everything the way you love.

In theory, it is understood but in practice it's really hard. Would appreciate any insights on this matter. How to love everyone and everything like we love God?

Much love to all

Go to Top of Page

Nitant

India
5 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2014 :  03:22:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The love is the riped fruit of surrender of individual identity.. that means when a person gets totally devoted to either God or Guru is then the love emerges. It is said that culmination of Bhava Bhakti and culmination of Bhakti is Love or PREM. When this state is achieved you will love every one. Till them you have to just practice to love others.

To make this practice effective and progressive - you need to have some rationale to make your mind accept. If you believe that entire creation is due to God and everything is made of God them each of us are some form of God. So, if you prejudice with someone, you actually are prejudiced with God. But you don't want to be prejudiced with God. Thus, love everyone.

There is yet another technique to develop love towards everyone is to believe that every living entity in the universe behaves according to their destiny or PRARABDHA. It is the nature that makes everyone do karma, not the individual himself or herself. So, if they are not the doer why should have prejudice or hatred with them? They simply the means. If someone abuses you or beats you - it is the nature who is doing it not that person. You should not have any negative thoughts about that person. You should be angry on nature. Since Nature is God, you should be angry on God. With practice of this technique you can develop love towards others.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2014 :  09:19:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Truth_IS

Beloved Ananda,

May the grace of your Satguru continue to shower your consciousness with Love-Bliss!

Eckhart Tolle (and probably many others) writes "words are signposts". I've also often seen them referred to as 'pointers'.

It's NEVER about the word/thought/idea/concept! It's only ever about That (which can't be thought/spoken)! :-)

But what words can do is 'serve' as a constant reminder. The Bhakti reabsorbs the ego with Love, whereas the Gnani destroys it with Wisdom. But both simply lead to That.

For the Gnani "I" points to ego. For the Bhakti you/me/we/us/I points to the Supreme (there is no differentiation between the labels).

Thank You. I Love You.

sorry for the late reply dear and many thks for your post. Your loving at the end is what makes this life most worth it.. namaste
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2014 :  09:23:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Nitant

The love is the riped fruit of surrender of individual identity.. that means when a person gets totally devoted to either God or Guru is then the love emerges. It is said that culmination of Bhava Bhakti and culmination of Bhakti is Love or PREM. When this state is achieved you will love every one. Till them you have to just practice to love others.

To make this practice effective and progressive - you need to have some rationale to make your mind accept. If you believe that entire creation is due to God and everything is made of God them each of us are some form of God. So, if you prejudice with someone, you actually are prejudiced with God. But you don't want to be prejudiced with God. Thus, love everyone.

There is yet another technique to develop love towards everyone is to believe that every living entity in the universe behaves according to their destiny or PRARABDHA. It is the nature that makes everyone do karma, not the individual himself or herself. So, if they are not the doer why should have prejudice or hatred with them? They simply the means. If someone abuses you or beats you - it is the nature who is doing it not that person. You should not have any negative thoughts about that person. You should be angry on nature. Since Nature is God, you should be angry on God. With practice of this technique you can develop love towards others.

Thanks dear... A change or shift in perception has happened since I last wrote this post. I understand more what you said. Love is my religion. Allah is love. There is none but God in existence. He is existence. Salam
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2014 :  09:36:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dissolving the witness in unity:
http://www.aypsite.org/333.html
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2014 :  12:10:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
give everything to him. then his love will overflow out of you
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000