Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Burning sensation in stomach!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

WhiteCrane38

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2006 :  3:12:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit WhiteCrane38's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Since starting Pranayama i have noticed a burning sensation inside my stomach around the navel area, is this a good sign? I also find that when performing the outbreath as my stomach deflates my chest and surrounding area fold in relaxedly, is this also correct.
Thank you.

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2006 :  02:53:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi White Crane

This is probably all ok. Burning sensations, heat, prickly feelings etc are all asociated with purification of the nervous system. The area of the navel is a major "juncture" - a vortex of energy (chakra).

How are you doing outside of meditation times?

May all your Nows be Here
Go to Top of Page

WhiteCrane38

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2006 :  10:05:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit WhiteCrane38's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Everything is great outside of meditation time. The burning sensation doesn't give any discomfort, it is actually quite a pleasent feeling. Maybe Kundalini trying to rise? I dont know.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2006 :  10:35:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am thinking that you may have some food in your stomach during practice. I try to leave 4 hours after eating before evning pranayama. On the other hand when you do eat you should feel satisfied and not still hungry
Go to Top of Page

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  9:45:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hari Om
~~~~~~~~
quote:
Originally posted by WhiteCrane38

i have noticed a burning sensation inside my stomach.

Hello, while at times we think that the correlation of one event to another is the 'cause' I would suggest that you be mindful of the stomach area outside of pranayam or meditation.
If there is that sensation, nothing beats having the situation checked out medically..

agnir satyam rtam brhat
Frank in San-Diego

Edited by - Frank-in-SanDiego on Apr 03 2006 12:45:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  11:38:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi WhiteCrane,

Frank is right. I had a tummy burn that turned out to be a medical issue I needed to have treated. Had a wee bit of surgery, some meds and am a low acid diet and am feeling pretty darned good now.

In light and love,
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  08:24:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
but white crane said:
"Everything is great outside of meditation time."
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  11:15:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Right! White Crane DID say that! Woops! Rewind please!

Light and Love,
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

WhiteCrane38

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2006 :  06:25:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit WhiteCrane38's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everybody.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000