Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Subtle thoughts for Samyama
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mystiq

India
62 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2006 :  07:09:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit mystiq's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Love and Peace, Good Health and Long Life, Truth and Happiness, Abundance and Prosperity. Do you have anymore?

mystiq

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2006 :  10:50:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think Yogani mentioned these in his book and they resonate for me...

Wisdom
Unity
Strength

Blessings,
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2006 :  01:41:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I like Radiance
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  8:13:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Compassion, Sharing and Forgiveness crept in this morning...

light and love,
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  9:59:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by cosmic_troll

I like Radiance

watch out for that. these aren't words to think about or mull over. They're just to intone, get the mental vibration out there, and then just sit back in your silence and let it all fade. Don't involve yourself at any point with the words or their meaning.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  11:00:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I like flexibility, perseverance, detachment.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  11:30:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've added clarity, acceptance and truth to the 9 original from the lessons.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  04:21:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just wondering about Samyama

I did some mantra meditation in the train a few weeks ago (missed the morning session).
After it, for some reason, I started intoning a short prayer which I have been using since as far as I can remember, it is "Sweetest heart of Jesus I place all my trust in thee".
This might sound a bit corney, but it is not so much the words as the association and familiarity going back so many years that just do it for me.
When I started saying this to myself I felt a wonderful deep peaceful love filling me up.

My question is: Is this Samyama or is it Invokation?

Louis
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  04:32:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Louis

I felt This in my heart when I read your words:

quote:
"Sweetest heart of Jesus I place all my trust in thee".

quote:
My question is: Is this Samyama or is it Invokation?

My first inclination:

It doesn't matter at all what you name it!
The words imply both a profound letting go (which is definitely a Samyama aspect), and a deep love of the heart of existence (which is always here now - whether you invoke it or not). Beautiful.

After all, This is all One Heart.

May all your Nows be Here
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  04:45:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As for words to use.....

Well....

I am for simplicity. I started Samyama with "Love", then included the other 8 (of Yoganis). Now I am back with just the one: Love.

Somehow Love covers everything for me.
Also - I still face the challenge of self-pacing. It's like walking the edge of a knife.....I am careful not to overdo. There is not a second during my waking hours that I don't feel ecstacy. The temptation is there all the time to just.....slide down....into myself. But to indulge in this will not be constructive. There are still issues....still....blocks that have to be cleared.

Anyway - if Love is all I contribute to the "stillness in action" scenario, then surely, that is not too bad?

Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  04:47:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine

Thank you so much for your reply.

Your words:
After all, This is all One Heart.

sing to my heart also

Louis
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  08:08:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Katrine
There is not a second during my waking hours that I don't feel ecstacy

It'll pass, Katrine. Don't get hooked on it. It's a siren. Stay on the path and stay in the world. Ecstacy is nice, but glowier, less bombastic peace awaits you.

Trimming your samyama to just "love" is, needless to say, your option. But I'd respectfully suggest that this is not the time to change up the practice, when you're in the middle of a big dramatic opening. This is the time to stay the course that brought you to this point.

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  10:36:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jim

quote:
This is the time to stay the course that brought you to this point.

Yes. I've only been doing Samyama for three weeks. Week one was just "love", week two was all nine words, week three back to "love".

Not exactly trimming........but more like adjusting to what feels right for me now.

How long did your ecstacy "ride" last?

Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  2:28:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have had doses of ecstacy - some bigger, some smaller - since day one of my yoga practice. The first shoulder stand that was 30 secs longer than the previous left me all cuckoo for cocoa puffs. Every opening in yoga brings bliss. It's addictive. And it's all side effect. Mere smoke. Not the real thing.

It's to be withstood, not attached to. I'ts the "scenery" Yogani writes about. Enjoy, but in a detached way.

See:
http://www.aypsite.org/280.html
http://www.aypsite.org/258.html
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=577
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  4:37:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Jim.......for always giving sound advise.
I will not indulge in the ecstatic experiences.
My ability to be touched by stillness is dependant on detatchment from "the sirens". I do understand that.

I will not manipulate...nor speculate

Great references you gave me above. I really appreciate it.

Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  8:24:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Woops, one more reference:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=847
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000