Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 is this a lucid dream?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gamefu

India
23 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2011 :  09:23:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
all the lucid dream and astral travel phenomena is brought by our third eye,right? From the past few days I am feeling slight pressure or tingling in my forehead/third eye. Is opening? I don't remember meditating on it...but anyway. What should I do it now?

I don't know if this was a lucid dream,but I think I am very close to it? I was very much in control of it.I am not sure if I knew I was dreaming,from the way I was driving maybe? Or I knew that it wasn't happening in real? I don't know.What I guess I should have done is (1.)try to figure out how I was driving a car when I don't know how to drive? (2.) And from where did I come into a car with 3 people from nowhere?
What could I do to make it more lucid? I want to try meditating in dreams ;)

the dream (missing details): I was driving car with my 3 fellow people.but I was driving crazy...very fast...like at one moment m on the extreme left side of road and then extreme right side passing by vehicles coming from opposite side....like I was playing some car racing game...I passed one man crossing the road,I didn't slow down (missing)....my fellows asked me what I was doing (they were scared)...I told that I had seen the future and nothing was going to happen to us?? (I am forgetting the details) Then probably I crashed somewhere...or I perhaps went to that place because I was going there only....Then I realized that some virus-infected people were after me (like in movie).We were three people (don't know where did 4th go,or we were 3 only at beginning) and we were at some place with 3 different ways which were all fenced.The infected people were coming from one side,so I ran to another way and 2 of my fellows ran towards the 3rd way...then I too went there way because I would be left alone.At the end of that way was the road and we had to cross the fence somehow.My 2 fellows were in front of me,they are trying to get out from above and then I being almost caught by infected people,jumped to cross the fence from down....And I woke up cos I tried jumping in real and hit my head at the back of my bed ;p

I have many such dreams where I think I am controlling it all.Once I was kissing a girl and it felt so so real like I am really doing it,I ejaculated :/ .But I somehow don't realize it is a dream.... .when I realize I would like to go to some place of my choice ;)

Evannon

USA
26 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2011 :  10:13:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Gamefu, this doesn't sound like a lucid dream to me, though it sounds quite vivid and interesting. In a lucid dream you might start to notice that things are a little unreal. you might say, "Wait a minute... is this how I normally drive? Are there normally virus-infected people after me?" then you have an "aha" moment where you think - "Oh, I'm dreaming." At that point, if you can hold on to that realization for just a moment, you realize you can step out of any situation. The zombies can't hurt you. You don't need to drive so fast because there's nothing to run from, nothing to be afraid of. (Sometimes you might have those moments of realization in real life, too - perhaps while meditating.) Then you can step out of the dream, so to speak, while remaining aware of it.
Go to Top of Page

insightstate

Romania
10 Posts

Posted - May 07 2015 :  03:45:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit insightstate's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think it was a lucid dream. The essence of lucid dream state is that a fully conscious person realizes that she is dreaming during the dream and has the ability to take active control of the dream action. Moreover, lucid dreaming has the advantage of inducing much more intense emotions than the common dreams. The dreamer finds himself within a space that is equally realistic, based on perceptions and structure, in which he experiences much more intense sensations than during the waking state.

Edited by - insightstate on May 07 2015 04:43:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - May 07 2015 :  12:39:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Did you at any point have an "aha" moment, where you said something like "wait a minute, this must be a dream!"? And then from there start controlling it? THat is usually what happens in all my lucid dreams, though I am not saying that has to be the case for all lucid dreams.

If it was lucid and you were in control, I would advise doing other things. Most people want to fly. If people are chasing you you can stop them, or fly away, etc. You have pretty much power to control almost all aspects of the dream. You can lift objects with your mind, walk through walls, pretty much anything you want. You can also recreate the entire scene or translocate to somewhere else.

So if you do feel you were controlling the dream, realize that you have a lot more control than you realized
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000