Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Trying to forget,? or is it forgiveness?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fifa von bell

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - May 08 2015 :  3:39:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hello souls. I have only just started with Ady.(just reading his guidance)i'm stuck already....
please help,
I have been trying to forget something that happened to me.(trauma)
and last night i had a positive dream where i felt calm and present(not present enough to know it was a dream, but nevertheless, i felt more calm and the dream was pleasant enough to warm my being, which i understood to be a healing dream) i woke up feeling refreshed.

i want to ask you all, is forgiveness the same as forgetting? i want to forgive and forget so i can be at peace.

if i forget something, that i reacted to, am i, in essence, forgiving it, or just pushing it aside.
let me explain...

there is a scuffle, and i say'oh its ok, no worries' 'i know you had no bad intentions, its just a misunderstanding etc...'
but deep down i wonder if it is, because of a feeling that still lingers. ( said scuffle is gone now, the person in question has long gone, but i still have anger)
I have unconditional love toward this person, and realize behaviour is not the person and i am fine with that, but there is doubts, and i keep crying about it, wondering, if they had bad intentions.

if i forget, and imagine it never happened, it seems to help, but i wonder if this is the right way to go?

please help, i'm stuck
thanks.
fifi

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - May 08 2015 :  4:44:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Fifi

What is Ady?
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - May 08 2015 :  6:32:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Time will eventually heal the trauma. Your attitude is the right one. Take up deep meditation and eventually suppressed emotions rise and will clear the system.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - May 08 2015 :  6:38:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Fifa, welcome,

Forgiving is an "offering up" of bad feelings that you experienced, a surrender of negativity so that you may lighten the weight of the feelings. Forgiving doesn't necessarily involve the other's intentions against you, it's more for your peace of mind. Forgiving is a powerful and noble tool for healing.

True forgetting may not be possible, but you can make an intention to not be harmed anymore by the incident or the person and to move forward. You may still love this person, and depending on the nature of this hurt, decide if this person deserves this love unconditionally. It is okay to install some distance in your heart from them if you have any doubts regarding their motives.

Good luck to you
Go to Top of Page

jacquic

Australia
14 Posts

Posted - May 10 2015 :  07:40:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi fifi

'trying to forget' something sounds like avoiding the issue.

For me, profound spiritual shifts occurred when I stopped trying to avoid issues that I didn't want to think about or deal with. There were lots of things I had buried in there I didn't want to think about.

It all changed when I just stopped the avoidance, and said ok issue, I'm just going to sit here through you, and be present, see what comes up; allow the energy to move, shift, release.

When it is released, you are no longer carrying it around (that anger inside).

I don't believe you can force forgiveness when you are still holding on to something, like anger. I found that for the things I had been holding that I released, I gained insight and understanding about the situations, I became detached from them. A place of acceptance, perhaps.

All the best
Jacqui
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - May 10 2015 :  09:44:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You received already valuable answers, besides these answers, what helped me was journaling. Writing down the traumatic issues that came up in my mind repeatedly.
For me this was the way to really let go.....

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000