Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Constant Sensation in Crown
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rishi

USA
37 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2011 :  11:46:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Greetings,

In the past few months, I have an almost a constant sensation in the crown. A very pleasurable sensation I must say - like a thin stream of liquid falling (maybe more like a thin laser), entering the head and spreading around the third eye.

I used to get this sensation during practices , but now it is more or less constant. The sensations are amplified if I wear anything in my head (e.g sunglasses)...

I don't mind the sensation really :) - just wanted to check with others if they have similar experiences ?

PS: I do a moderate twice a day practice (15 mins Pranayaam 15 min meditation and 10 min Samayama)with some light grounding exercises.

Best,
Rishi

Christi

United Kingdom
4382 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2011 :  06:06:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rishi,

This is quite normal, and is part of the purification process. I used to get this for a number of years. If you are not having any problems associated with the sensation, such as a sense of feeling ungrounded, then just carry on as normal. If you have not read lesson 199 yet then do so.

All the best.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

WoodDragon

USA
56 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2011 :  07:30:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit WoodDragon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It can be hard to describe the sensations we receive from our practice as all sensation is a translation of nerve impulses. My own sensations feel like a breeze of soft sunlight flowing from above and through me. This has become a prevalent feeling and after having gotten used to it, I pay it no mind, which can be considered a proper procedure. Of course every now and then I like to just sit back and revel in it, let it all flow within and without, immerse myself in the Bliss of it all. Most of the time though I simply go on with my day and know it is there but remain detached from desiring the sensation. Maybe people might benefit from more discussion of this sort if only to reassure that all is well. Thank you for sharing this with us all.
Go to Top of Page

Rishi

USA
37 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2011 :  2:43:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks Christi & WoodDragon. Your responses were very helpful.

I did 'revise' lesson 199 and realized that I may have been (unknowingly) doing root to crown spinal pranayama.

The energy actually travels equally after the fork in both the directions (ajna and crown). I will have to consciously limit it to the root-ajna path as per Yogani's caution. Maybe that will moderate the ecstasic download activity.

Thanks again !
Rishi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4382 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2011 :  10:54:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rishi,

The energy will flow naturally that way ...equally through both branches of the fork in the sushumna. It isn't a problem and isn't something you have to control or limit. The important thing is that you are bringing your attention forward to the ajna at the end of the inhale with SBP. What happens with the prana is then simply what happens. It could be that everything flows up and out of the crown, or nothing at all, or a mixture of energy flows.

If you begin to experience any problematic symptoms, then that is a sign that you need to manage the situation in some way, otherwise carry on as normal and see it as a sign that things are working as they should.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Rishi

USA
37 Posts

Posted - May 02 2011 :  2:21:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Christi !
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000