New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  04:54:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
What's common between a blossoming flower...

... and a dry leaf falling from a tree?

Rajeev Sethi

India
50 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  08:59:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Scratchingggggg my head

Can I borrow your Thinking Cap?

Edited by - Rajeev Sethi on Apr 23 2011 09:57:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  11:22:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beauty - and the observer of beauty
Go to Top of Page

nodoubt

India
90 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  1:04:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
They both belong to the plant family.
Go to Top of Page

nodoubt

India
90 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  1:06:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No I've got one. What's the difference between a potato?
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  3:42:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  4:14:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Associating to OM.

Recently, I had no less than three doctors listening to my heart. The first one heard a strange sound, so they checked it out thoroughly and two others came to listen... Nothing was found to be wrong... they just had never heard that type of sound before... like a soft, constant, humming motor...

I think they heard OM.
Go to Top of Page

davidg

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  4:50:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
OM is the first sound, from it all and everything is formed,

we are... the falling leaf
we are... the blossuming flower

theres no I in team so WE becomes one,

in that ONENESS all is transpiring there and now,

NOW.....

let them all go.

smile
Go to Top of Page

nodoubt

India
90 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  5:02:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cube root.
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  6:23:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by manigma

What is common?
The source from which the forms manifested.
The empty space which stands aside to permit occupancy and motion.
The presence/awareness that is observing.
The mind which interprets the events as it was conditioned.
THAT.
Absolutely Nothing.

:)
Go to Top of Page

WoodDragon

USA
56 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  10:12:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit WoodDragon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
They are both part of the question you asked.
Go to Top of Page

Rajeev Sethi

India
50 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  11:05:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Birth and Death.

Two sides of the same coin.
Go to Top of Page

JDas

USA
74 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  11:30:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit JDas's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
don't think there's anything common about either of these visions.
both would be very pleasing and exceptional.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  02:37:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh c'mon guys, its so simple, don't think... feel!

Its a one word answer.

I will give you another chance before I tell it.

Go to Top of Page

Rajeev Sethi

India
50 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  04:39:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Prana
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  08:01:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Impermanence.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  09:08:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Its a one word answer.

I thought you were presenting the question as a koan, for which there is not a "correct" answer, but something that makes you consider spiritual matters.

There isn't one "correct" answer to that question, there are many. If you want a one word answer, it could be "God" or "Maya" or "flora" or "me" or "earth" or "cells" or "DNA", or "mitochondria"; i could go on and on. . .
Go to Top of Page

WoodDragon

USA
56 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  09:16:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit WoodDragon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I also did not realize this was a riddle which had but one answer. It is my own belief that words are but one method of communication, there are many, and that words have differing meanings to those with differing experiences. So many single words could be considered the truth in this case including "Nonexistence" or even "words", for that is the Truth in this case, they are but words and not the objects themselves. As an exercise in how we perceive objects or even words and ideas, this was a fun exercise and I had been enjoying the various responses, like the different shapes of snowflakes, each unique yet each of them still snowflakes.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  10:56:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very Zen. The answer can be found in silence.

Peace & Love.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  2:17:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Life.
Go to Top of Page

davidg

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  2:50:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Its a one word answer.

love
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  3:00:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
mongoose?
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  5:05:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
fall
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  03:09:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I know there can be several answers. But there is a particular (deep) relationship between the above two. Otherwise I would have asked anything like:

What's common between a Wolf's howl on a full moon night... and a waterfall?

The answer can be found in a very deep meditative state.

Be the blossoming flower... be the falling leaf...

I am surprised that no one has found the answer yet. Its so simple.

I will wait another day.

Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  04:40:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
emptiness
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  07:17:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Same tree?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000