New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Rajeev Sethi

India
50 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  08:11:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bliss
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  09:15:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
one is blossoming and other is withering which is lifecycle of us being born,gone n reborn again..
Go to Top of Page

davidg

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  5:07:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it is the observer, the witness, he who is aware, of those two otherwise individual events,
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  01:12:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Never mind. Thanks for your participation.

1.1 Father forgive them, for they know not what they do
1.2 Today you will be with me in paradise
1.3 Behold your son: behold your mother
1.4 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me
1.5 I thirst
1.6 It is finished
1.7 Father, into your hands I commit my spirit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saying...on_the_cross

Go to Top of Page

josongeorge5

India
1 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  02:19:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Change
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  07:36:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The spirit never left the father
the flower blossomed
the leaves blew further
today we are in paradise
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  09:34:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by manigma

What's common between a blossoming flower...

... and a dry leaf falling from a tree?

The answer is SURRENDER.

- The blossoming flower surrenders to Light. Grace.

- And the dry leaf falling from the tree surrenders to Gravity. Stillness.

Grace + Stillness is a lethal combination.

Om

Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  11:18:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Or as Lau Tzu might say from another perspective, "no struggle" with Tao. To be fair, I think a buddhist could also say "no desire".

A story I once heard... Buddha, Confucius and Lau Tzu were all asked to play a game of Monopoly. Buddha said that there was no game, so there was no point in playing. Confucius would only play if he could be the banker (He wanted to make sure that everyone followed the rules). Lau Tzu played fully with abandon and didn't worry about the outcome.

Peace & Love.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  12:42:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
manigma...do u have another one....i liked this one a lot...
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  10:38:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
OK this confirms my answer of "Maya" being correct since you have surrendered to her illusions. Surrender is a human quality, not a plant quality. You are trying to apply a human quality to a plant which can't have that quality.

It is true that a man would have to surrender to become like a plant, because he would have to give up his ego, but the plant does not give anything up; it just exists. To surrender is relinquishing something to another power. A flower opens because that is built into its DNA. It is not deciding to open as a sacrifice when it would rather be a rogue flower and do something else, so it is not surrendering. In fact it is taking power from the sun, not giving up something.

And the dry leaf falling from the tree could be stretched to be called a surrender, as much as the earth orbiting the sun is surrendering to the gravitational pull of the sun, but it is still not giving something up. If you trip on something and fall down, you are not really surrendering as there is no conscious giving up;
it just happens outside of your will, just like if your car is stolen when you're not there, you didn't "surrender" it.
So yes, Maya is the correct answer. . .
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2011 :  01:16:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

OK this confirms my answer of "Maya" being correct since you have surrendered to her illusions. Surrender is a human quality, not a plant quality. You are trying to apply a human quality to a plant which can't have that quality.

It is true that a man would have to surrender to become like a plant, because he would have to give up his ego, but the plant does not give anything up; it just exists. To surrender is relinquishing something to another power. A flower opens because that is built into its DNA. It is not deciding to open as a sacrifice when it would rather be a rogue flower and do something else, so it is not surrendering. In fact it is taking power from the sun, not giving up something.

And the dry leaf falling from the tree could be stretched to be called a surrender, as much as the earth orbiting the sun is surrendering to the gravitational pull of the sun, but it is still not giving something up. If you trip on something and fall down, you are not really surrendering as there is no conscious giving up;
it just happens outside of your will, just like if your car is stolen when you're not there, you didn't "surrender" it.

You think too much.

There is no Maya.

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2011 :  04:06:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jeff
Or as Lau Tzu might say from another perspective, "no struggle" with Tao.

Yes. No struggle.

'It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.' - Muhammad Ali (Legendary Boxer)

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2011 :  04:37:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

manigma...do u have another one....i liked this one a lot...

OK. This one's much easier.

What's common between a dry leaf crushed under your feet...

... and you?

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2011 :  07:18:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

You think too much.

There is no Maya.

You mean there is no surrender.
And there are no words - and yet the riddle asked for a word. . .
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2011 :  08:02:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2011 :  08:13:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
You mean there is no surrender.
And there are no words - and yet the riddle asked for a word. . .

It wasn't a riddle.

Riddles are for philosophers.

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2011 :  5:42:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's OK; I was writing in an entirely different language that just looks exactly like English, but it isn't.
Go to Top of Page

wakeupneo

USA
171 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2011 :  7:38:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit wakeupneo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

What's common between a blossoming flower...

... and a dry leaf falling from a tree?

The answer is SURRENDER.

- The blossoming flower surrenders to Light. Grace.

- And the dry leaf falling from the tree surrenders to Gravity. Stillness.

Grace + Stillness is a lethal combination.

Om

Manigma,

there you go playing around with duality again...

the only REAL answer is EVERYTHING

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2011 :  12:49:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

That's OK; I was writing in an entirely different language that just looks exactly like English, but it isn't.

Yes. Now you have understood.

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2011 :  12:50:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by wakeupneo
Manigma,

there you go playing around with duality again...

the only REAL answer is EVERYTHING

OM

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2011 :  07:50:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Yes. Now you have understood.

Thank you. I learned that from recognizing you were doing the same.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000