Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 kechari mudra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

taopol

France
5 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  10:18:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been doing yoga practices for more than forty years now, but was not really aware of the implications of kechari mudra till I read Yogani. I had tried now and again to "curl" my tongue, but could never get beyond stage one, to my utter frustration ...
I feel it is time to go further, and the frenum is an obstacle. I don't feel like trimming it myself, so my question is : wouldn't it be possible to ask my DD to surgically cut it ? I have an appointment to check my teeth on april 21st, and I intend to ask her to help me with this matter ... just hoping she won't think I am crazy ! if only she would know about the Hatha Yoga Pradipika or the AYP site!
What do you guys think about this ?

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  11:11:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  7:25:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Taopol!

There has been mention of having it surgically removed. Think if you search kechari it is there somewhere in the large kechari thread.

If that is what you feel like doing then go for it! Just hope your dentist will just do it and think about the money, rather than asking for a reason haha.

The only problem I can think of is that you could go through the operation and healing to then find out you can't get into the kechari stage you are after.

Trimming it yourself is no big deal. It did take me a few goes to get used to the idea, but now I am doing it every 3-7 days (once you snip you just can't stop ). Like that for over a year and half now. I must have a big frenum
Go to Top of Page

taopol

France
5 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  04:50:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I went to the dentist and asked her to cut my tongue frenum, but she refused to do it. she said that she does not do it anymore because she works alone and as there is a fair amount of bleeding involved she needs ans assistant for this kind of surgery. Therefore she advised me to see a stomatologist and do it in a clinic. I am really disappointed, because I don't want to spend too much money on this. I cannot do it myself cos my eyesight is not good enough to get decent precision
The only positive thing about all this is that she didn't insist on knowing why I wanted to do this surgery. I just said that my frenum was "bothering me".
I don't know what to do, cos my tongue can't get behind the soft spot in my palate.
I know this matter is important because yesterday, while doing Brhamari pranayama (the bee sound pranayama) the experience was quite different whether I curled my tongue towards the back or not. With my tongue back, the sound was reverberating and taking me somewhere very deep inside, creating a very pleasant kind of intoxication. With my tongue forward it was much more, well, kind of ordinary ... What would happen with my tongue up towards ajna chakra ? I can only wonder...
Go to Top of Page

11jono11

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  11:54:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was looking into getting it cut for me, before I was cutting myself. I called some tattoo and piercing shops/centers and the main one I remember speaking to said they would do it, no queries, no questions (I guess they have people asking much odder requests, like skin implants etc). I even explained what it was for to see if they could give any other suggestions, and they were still cool with it, one of the guys suggested getting the frenum pierced and that that would do something. The only thing they said was that they didn't have this thing, I can't remember what they called it (sorry) but they said they would probably need some kind of hot thing to burn the wounds shut/seal the wounds so that, for the purpose of removing it and it not just growing back together, it wouldn't heal. They said they didn't have one but some other tattoo/piercing places might. Sorry to be vague, but just thought I would add my experience, so I would suggest calling some tattoo and piercing shops/centers, bearing in mind the above info.

Also, while you are waiting for this to be sorted, if you're having difficulty cutting due to eyesight, then you could practice Talabya Kriya, a practice used by a lot of Kriya Yogis and Yoginis for Khechari. Whenever I practice it, as well as stretching and cutting the frenum, I always feel it relaxes me, I also get pleasant third eye sensations. Here is some more info:

http://www.kriyayogainfo.net/Eng_Downloads2.html
Khechari in part: http://www.kriyayogainfo.net/video/01.wmv
Khechari in full: http://www.kriyayogainfo.net/video/02.wmv

Here are some more posts on cutting:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=7967

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=8318

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=8388

I hope that some of this is of help. I would be interested to hear how you get on, so if you can, do let us know of your progress.

Love

Edited by - 11jono11 on Apr 25 2011 12:15:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

taopol

France
5 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2011 :  04:15:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Jono, you are being very helpful with your experience and the links.I think I am going to stick to Talabya kriya for a while and see what happens. No hurry. In fact, I am not really at ease with the idea of surgery. there seems to be a tendon in the frenum, and I just wonder wether it could result in problems to completely cut it ...
Just to get an idea, how many times a day did you practice Talabya, and for how long ?
thank you my friend. I really appreciate this forum. I don't feel like an alien anymore now that I know there are some like minded dudes on this planet !
Taopol
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000