Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 kechari and celibacy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gentlep

USA
114 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  2:34:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Does anyone else observed the same thing that kechari helps control sexual stimulation. I can speak only from man's point of view. So I was wondering if this is used as a tool by those practicing celibacy.

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  03:41:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It must help because in recent years since practicing kechari and meditation ( I had done pranayama for years). before practicing kechari and meditation I found that celibacy was a challange and I would take note of the cycle of my sexual release measured in weeks. Since practicing AYP the weeks have turned into months with no effort. I also had a vasectomy 5 years ago so I guess that could also be a factor so very hard to tell which is cause. I am not sure whether to feel happy that lust is not much of a distraction anymore or sadness at missing that feeling of juicy struggle. No real answers, just observations I guess.
Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  10:55:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is cause of concern to me as well. Kechari is not in my practice routine, but I do the basic practices, including the tantric techniques. I don't practice celibacy, but AYP is "helping" me in that direction anyway. For me it has been a transition from nearly daily orgasm to once per few days - but it's definitely noticeable, and I don't doubt that it will keep going in that direction with more practices. I'm a young man, and I'm concerned that I'm throwing my future baby out with the bathwater. Perhaps I should back off on the tantra practices?
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  11:48:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kechari does not directly impact sexual stimulation. Reduction in the focus on sex is more a product of your overall progress in the practices. My guess is you have also seen a reduction in anger.

JDH - I wouldn't worry. It is a lessening of the demand, not a lessening of the ability.
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  5:42:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hmm, if diminishing sexual drive is a sign of progress in yoga practices, then I must have done lots of progress lately. My sex drive has never been very strong, but since I'm doing AYP, it stopped existing altogether. Is this a good thing..?
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  6:23:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
mimirom

I don't think your sexual drive has disappeared. It's just like jeff said - you are not focusing on it as much. Because of this you think your ability has diminished, but in fact its probably the same, or improved.

It has happened to me, and I thought the same thing. But Optimus Prime is still working.

I guess this is an effect of ecstatic conductivity going on. The automatic Vajroli might be working in us, hence why the lower sex drive, as it is being used for a higher purpose.

http://www.aypsite.org/T30.html

Edited by - woosa on Feb 03 2011 7:37:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

gentlep

USA
114 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  6:26:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can definitely see a correlation with kechari. Once I do it for extended period of time for several days I can feel as if the energy from down there being sucked up. Without it I used to feel lot of stimulation over there in meditation practices that it used to be very uncomfortable, close to be blinding with lust. Now with it, there is still seem to be a need/want for companionship but the discomfort feels more in the heart region than a sexual need.

Edited by - gentlep on Feb 03 2011 6:33:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  9:05:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Gentlep

Yeah, I can definitely agree with what you just said.
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2011 :  6:45:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think it is Yogani tha said that it is the same nerve that plays role here, i.e. the nervous system.

And actually, amid the mild symptoms of kundalini rising from deep meditation practice that you might be feeling they could be enough to make you feel a bit down, or feeling depressed/ disappointed for no reason as well as put some physical and psychological stress in the picture like age- old fears coming up as well as skin rashes, dry skin, bloating, indigestion, headaches, dizziness, these all might distract you from thinking of wanting, or enjoying sex, especially for newbies and those who dont know how to pace their practices quite satisfactorily.
On the other hand, it' s been written that full ketchari is very, very difficult to master, usually those over 25 years old, had had it, they cant do it as the legaments of the tounge have hardened and it makes it impossible to train the tounge to reach full ketchari. There is a lot of physical preparation for ketchari which involved the tounge being snipped from below and actually active sessions of lengthening it, etc, etc as well as learning to direct it upwards, etc, etc. It is very difficult, or even yet impossible for most people, so those who achieve it, well, they are well proud of it and might as well do the most of it.
All the best,
Chris.
======

Edited by - Chrisk on Mar 18 2011 4:23:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2011 :  5:22:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I learned kechari at age 43 without snipping. Some need to snip but it should be within the reach of most people, not some extraordinary accomplichment
Go to Top of Page

Asvinas

Australia
9 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  09:13:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Same here, 24 yrs old. Can do Khechari Mudra without any snipping at all. The Frenulum just gives way as the tongue stretches past the uvula.

Some think they need to snip the Frenulum, I guess that goes without saying they just cannot get past stage 1 for any reason, to each their own.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000