Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Daryl of manoftheast
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

George 4U

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2006 :  8:28:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit George 4U's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi again George -

Yogani took his lifetime of practice from many traditions of yoga (Kriya being just one) and incorporated them into the safest, most effective roadmap for all of us to follow. Many things will likely be the same, but AYP may actually cover more. He does not give initiations. You are free to acquire them (initiations outside of AYP) if you wish. The information is there, it is up to you to decide what you want from it. AYP is still young and growing. I remember when he first started a Yahoo group in late 2003. I was like the 50th person to sign up. Now it's up to a few thousand (and hopefully still growing).

Melissa

Edited by - n/a on Mar 20 2006 9:21:02 PM

George 4U

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2006 :  08:52:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit George 4U's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Melissa

George -

I'm so sorry, I was answering your post and accidentally deleted it! Well, here's my answer at any rate. Would you care to repost so others can read what you wrote?? Hopefully folks will just get a good chuckle from my ineptness!

Melissa

Yeah, I noticed that my name appeared as the one who posted the message and I was a bit taken aback. Hey, that's not what I wrote Now I understand what happened.

Thank you for your answer.

Well, I just said that I placed a credit card order for Kriya Yoga initiation from http://www.manoftheeast.com 3 days before I discovered Yogani's AYP Yahoo Groups, and that I became a bit anxious when I read tecniques with similar names being taught for free at AYP. I could have payed $200.00 for the same thing, but of course I am not yet sure... not until I receive the materials, which has already been sent and could arrive anytime now.

I also said that if ever the techniques contained in the initiation packet is the same as the ones in AYP (the names are the same) I would report it here in this forum to save potential buyers from paying $200.00 for something that can be learned for free over the Internet.

Ahm, another thing I remember saying was that the young Asian man, Daryl, also teaches advanced methods and guides aspirants thru the Internet the same as with Yogani in that respect, but they differ in that Yogani imparts what he knows without charge while Daryl requires a minimum donation of $200.00 (for the first initiation, I believe there are 4) called prayaschitta.

What I just said formed a moral question in my head, is it right to charge money for spiritual instruction? What I mean is everyone seems to be charging nowadays. Transcendental Meditation, for example, charges $600.00 to a thousand+ depending on where you are. Yoga came from India and according to the Indian yogis, and non-Indian yoga enthusiasts who had the opportunity of studying yoga there, money has always been part of the tradition. I would like to hear your's and other people's opinion about this matter as well.
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2006 :  09:48:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
George,

yes, I think it is fine to charge. It's a service and it has to be funded somehow. Some places like Tibet have a tradition of 'not charging', but the monastries owned a huge fraction of the land, so 'society' was paying anyway.

What is not OK I think is to deceive or to overcharge. There should be truth in advertising. The TM organization certainly used deception to justify high fees, including a manipulation of students through the promising of supernormal powers, a practice which has been traditionally seen as abusive by the mainsteam spiritual culture almost everywhere, including India (abusive both of their body financial and their spiritual body). The internet is part of what puts such a thing to an end.

Judge for yourself the service-price ratio in each case to see if the charge is OK or too steep.

Regards,

-David

Edited by - david_obsidian on Mar 21 2006 11:14:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2006 :  10:00:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome George. I think you have got it all back in.. the only other thing you had mentioned was you wanted to post here so people in the future would know about the $200/- Vs the free Yogani's teachings..
I don't know of any other site(but then I don't know much) that is free, and gives so much details. I have always been told what you pay for is what you get. This site was a big surprise to me.. and for the longest time I believed there was a catch.. something would pop up some day and make me pay. But the more I talked to Yogani, and the more I read his lessons and posts.. I guess the more I believed that this was really happening.. there was absolutely not catch. He even feels bad to ask people to donate money to help out.. he makes hardly any money on his books.. I don't know how you do it Yogani? I hope people donate more than what I could afford.. You are truly God sent.. and I thank you for touching my life..
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2006 :  10:33:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi George,

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for posting info about this Kriya Yoga teacher and your thoughts about charging money for spiritual teachings. I would look forward to hear about your comparisons of Daryl's teachings with Yogani's when you receive them. I have the same opinion as David, that it's OK to charge reasonably for the sake of making a living and covering costs as long as there is not deception.

In my own case, one main reason that I thought Yogani's teachings could be authentic after first finding them, was that he was posting them for free. It meant that he was less concerned about making money himself than about making them available. Also that the AYP web site is simple in design, focusing on the content, and not aiming to attract attention to itself for the sake of making some gain out of it, but rather with the goal of just giving the knowledge to others.

Edited by - weaver on Mar 21 2006 11:10:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2006 :  12:00:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
P.S. I inadvertently addressed George as 'Daryl' above, but I have corrected it. This wasn't a sly insinuation, just a typing error. In fact, when I saw it, I could hardly believe I had done it.

Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2006 :  1:33:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear George,
I have received personal instrucion and intiation from my guru for over three years for free.Until recently I gave free intiation also but now ask for a donation (of any denomination) which I send to guruji to help finance the ashram in India.The ashram is run entirely on donations and schooling fees(they have a school of English). The land is in trust as it was donated by the government of Gujarat.
L&L
Dave

'the mind can see further than the eyes'
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000