Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Automatic Kumhbaka?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2011 :  09:19:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,
I keep getting this and it seems to be a K symptom. Basically, my body closes one nostril and I have to breathe from the other, this makes breathign slower as well as I do get some mild oxygen deprivation. Yoganis says breath retention is advanced and may be dangerous. Please, I would like it to stop because it scares me, any idea how to do that? I stopped doing more D.M. and I only focus on groundign but it' s hard and takes time. I will instead try do some spinal breathing also since I neglected this from fear of more K symptoms coming up.
Anyways, any idea would be welcomed.
Thanks,
Chris.
=====

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2011 :  12:35:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have you tried Jala Neti? That might clear your sinuses.

http://www.aypsite.org/312.html

Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2011 :  6:30:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Chris

I do Jala Neti every morning, and I tend to have clear my nostrils. It tends to help prevent the flu. That said, if I have a closed nostril I regard it as scenery and do not worry about it. I assume it will pass. To get enough oxygen, I open my mouth a bit and continue with DM practice. That's what I do.

Bewell

Edited by - bewell on Mar 05 2011 6:36:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2011 :  11:33:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Chrisk
I keep getting this and it seems to be a K symptom. Basically, my body closes one nostril and I have to breathe from the other...

This could either be a K symptom or other/normal.

Your two nostrils shift their workload back and forth in a delicate dance called the nasal cycle. At any moment, most of the air you inhale travels through just one nostril, while a much smaller amount seeps in through the other. At some point, the nasal cycle reverses course and the workload shifts to the other nostril. The length of time between nostril switching varies, depending on the individual and various other factors, but each cycle usually lasts from 40 minutes to several hours. (That’s why you often have intermittent periods of easy breathing even when you suffer from a heavy cold. In this case, one nostril is plugged more than the other.)
http://sciencemags.blogspot.com/201...l-cycle.html

I experienced this few years ago when my K awakened. But I enjoyed it a lot as it was very calm and soothing experience.

I loved the way my breathing would alter from one nostril to other. It was like K was showing me how it can internally manipulate the breathing cycle. It was amazing.

Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2011 :  11:21:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for the beautiful answers. I wouldn' t worry either if it wasnt for the oxygen deprivation. I been to the doctor, checked my cardiovascular and lungs and they said it' s ok. So it' s either K, or some wrong practice I do. I will continue AYP practice until it sorts out.
Thanks,
Chris.
======
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000