New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

swaha

Lebanon
88 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  4:00:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda...
reading u now is deeply felt..
yes, i share the same 'dropping' of yours.. this happened to me as well in Tiru.
much love and relief felt now, reading your sharing..
and right now, i am in a "no you - no me" state of being..
just love is felt and oneness..

and gratitude...

what else but gratitude can we be?
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  4:25:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine and All

quote:
Originally posted by Katrine

I needed to be where I was.

Yes. I too (obviously) need to be where I am. Which is why I say that my sadhana is here, with my family, and not out in the mountains in solitude like I have just felt an extreme longing for. But knowing this, does not decrease the longing....in fact it may even strengthen it. Which is also why I said that I believe this longing has surfaced simply because I am meant to sit/be with it.....right here.

quote:
Originally posted by Katrine

When I don't want to be where I am.....I always chose the "difficult way"......I was always a horse head in front of myself.....like a ...tie.....standing out in the wind doing it's best to follow the running flesh....

i am not saying you are like this. I cannot know that. But it certainly is in my nature to be like this

I most certainly *am* like this. I also am stubborn, hard headed, and always right. Even when I am wrong.

I will allow the pining to be what it is, without attachment, giving it all freedom to move or stay as it needs to.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  02:52:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by swaha

Ananda...
reading u now is deeply felt..
yes, i share the same 'dropping' of yours.. this happened to me as well in Tiru.
much love and relief felt now, reading your sharing..
and right now, i am in a "no you - no me" state of being..
just love is felt and oneness..

and gratitude...

what else but gratitude can we be?

[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  1:55:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda
...it won't be an easy trip (India is a very poor country) and you will see some things there which will make your heart melt... And this is coming from someone who lives in a third world country.

Ananda

I hear you. I believe that some things are the same whether a person is rich or destitute: We appreciate what has been called "simple presence."

"Simple presence" can take many forms. When I was on my pilgrimage to India in Mexico, I came upon a beggar who was severely disabled. His legs were only a couple of feet long, and they were oddly contorted. What I was led to do was to buy food for two, and I asked him to share it with me. So I sat with him there under a little ledge in the darkened street, and we ate together in silence as the people walked by. The night colors were bright as I recall. Remembering brings tears to my eyes and warms my heart.

There are many forms of compassion that grow out of simple presence. In in my life, it took that particular form only once, or maybe twice, or three times. I am not sure how many times.

Love,

Be

Go to Top of Page

swaha

Lebanon
88 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  3:29:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bewell

I believe that some things are the same whether a person is rich or destitute: We appreciate what has been called "simple presence."

YES
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2011 :  01:51:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@Bewell ----- [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]

namaste
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2011 :  07:07:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't want to share my inner experience after coming from Tiru before being fully certain of it... But after all I went through during the last few weeks after coming back from this trip I can say now by Ramana's grace that the seeker is definitely gone. If any seeking or action is still happening it's all automatic with me as the screen as the unknown/awareness and most importantly I've found my peace
Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2011 :  07:58:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's wonderful, Ananda Namaste _/\_
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2011 :  09:56:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
namaste dear amoux
Go to Top of Page

harmony

Hong Kong
18 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2011 :  03:43:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit harmony's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you for sharing your experiences.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2011 :  04:34:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yep it is wonderful...God bless you Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2011 :  10:08:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you guys for taking the interest to read...
Go to Top of Page

John C

USA
76 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2011 :  9:56:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Did you walk around Arunachala?
Did you walk up the mountain to Maharshi's cave and meditate there?
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2011 :  02:31:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Bro

But something really tiring happened with both of these walks the first time I tried to do them...

When I tried to first walk up to skandashram and virupaksha cave I had my shoes on and someone told me on the path to take them off because this is the holiest place on earth so I did and when I reached the cave to my luck it was closed so I returned back and the sun was very burning then so my feet were really set on fire but when I got back I found my mind to be as empty (as clear) as it never been.

Next day everything worked out just fine and I visited both caves and meditated and it was very devotional or romantic you may say like when a lover meets his first love after a long time...

But as for pradakshina around Arunachala, something similar also happened. I wanted to walk barefoot around the mountain but on the way found everyone wearing shoes but I kept on pushing and at first I got lost but then stumbled with people whom I followed... Anyways after walking like almost half way around the mountain my feet couldn't take the pain no more (there were a lot of small pointy rocks on the way) so I took off the road and started walking between the farms and finally arrived at a boulevard and then walked back to Ramanasram and it was one hell of a walk maybe the walk of my life and stumbled into a black kali temple...

After two days I came back and did the walk with shoes plus I got up on the yellow path which leads to the mountain and I felt really blessed during that walk.

I've been also told that what happened with me around Arunachala has happened with many who couldn't continue the walk barefoot because of the pointy small rocks there awchhh

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2011 :  05:35:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Got my buttons really pushed today and so much turbulence was in the body mind yet so much peace and clearness were present also so I laughed at it all.

If anything It's the Freedom/Tranquility/Felicity which is the best in all of this.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Rajeev Sethi

India
50 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2011 :  12:21:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda thanks for sharing your experiences.
My main interest for going there is to understand Ramana Maharishi's teachings. Is there anyone there with whom one can have an interaction ( Q & A) as regards Ramana Maharishi's teachings?
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2011 :  12:27:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rajeev, and welcome to the AYP forums.

At the present time there's Ganesan who's available every monday and thursday.

here you go:
http://richardarunachala.wordpress....uvannamalai/

Wish you all the best.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Rajeev Sethi

India
50 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2011 :  10:20:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
THANKS Ananda for sharing about Ganesan. Does Ganesan have satsang during summer months (April to June)?

Edited by - Rajeev Sethi on Apr 23 2011 08:56:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  03:02:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I really don't know, but I think you can ask Richard the guy behind the post. His email is available on the website.

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2011 :  4:57:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda

It looks like I am going to Arunachala in December :)
Thanks again for posting about your......direct experience there, I am sure it will be a profound trip for me too.

quote:
Got my buttons really pushed today and so much turbulence was in the body mind yet so much peace and clearness were present also so I laughed at it all.

It's amazing isn't it....how thin the layer of identification gets.......on that rock solid silence

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2011 :  5:06:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
and smthg is still getting deeper... If you are there at the 25th you could get the live darsha of Sri Lakshmana Swamy

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2011 :  11:52:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow....I like the sound of him.

Thanks Ananda
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2011 :  02:21:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda ...do u know when Sri Lakshmana Swamy usually visits Ramanashram?
finished few days ago No Mind I am the Self....the last part of the book after Saradamma 's self realization is great...she explains what she experienced...this chapter is a very good remedy when one gets too much deluded in maya...would like to meet her too...did you notice how much her face is beaming? actually they all beam
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2011 :  03:55:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Maheswari,

You would have to talk to Mira; She's the woman sitting at the gate outside, she's been sitting there for 9 years now and she's a beautiful kind soul... She just sits and meditate and when people come and they would like to meet Saradamma, she tells them to write her a small letter which she may pass to her. If she is to give her darshan she will allow you entrance the next day, if not like what happened with me well then you won't. I was told that she was sick and didn't meet people when I was there but I tried anyway... Had nothing to lose.

As for their visits, no I don't. But Sri Lakshmana appears twice in public throughout the year for giving public darshan and one of these times on the 25th. The other is at deepam day I think and I really don't know when that is...

By the way, the suffi zikr yesterday was beautiful. Good thing I changed my mind and went. I think all my lebanese friends should go visit this evening. But I won't be there tonight, maybe tomorrow.

Love,
Ananda

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 01 2011 :  01:35:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Katrine,

Are you going to the AYP retreat in November?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000