Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Anyone here experienced the Cave of the Heart?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

beetsmyth

USA
104 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  6:22:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit beetsmyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I was wondering if anyone here on these forms has experienced or does experience the cave of the heart?

I've been there many times doing different forms of yoga, while doing self inquiry, upon waking up from a nap, seeking the source of thoughts, etc.

I would like to know if anyone else can add to this?

It seems it is an inner most point, it seems to be the center of self, it seems to be the source of us .......though I have only glimpsed this off an on ...and yet, 'I' cannot glimpse it ...its sort of seen in Unknowingness or nakedness of ego.

Yet I know, where I to penetrate the depths of this point, it would lead to a permanent state of boundless Infinity,

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  7:26:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by beetsmyth

I was wondering if anyone here on these forms has experienced or does experience the cave of the heart?

I've been there many times doing different forms of yoga, while doing self inquiry, upon waking up from a nap, seeking the source of thoughts, etc.

I would like to know if anyone else can add to this?

It seems it is an inner most point, it seems to be the center of self, it seems to be the source of us .......though I have only glimpsed this off an on ...and yet, 'I' cannot glimpse it ...its sort of seen in Unknowingness or nakedness of ego.

Yet I know, where I to penetrate the depths of this point, it would lead to a permanent state of boundless Infinity,

The "intent to live" thread, from the Atman attaches to the so-called "second chamber of the heart". This link becomes extremely activated, after all the chakras in the body become sufficiently purified and balanced. This thread is also called the "beingness" thread. This process is also known as the opening of the 8th chakra. This is known as the birth of the Cosmic Child. This is a stage of the Self making the flesh more properly home.

Now some might confuse the symptoms of the cave of the heart, with the cave of brahma (the fusion of the brow and crown chakras). The thread that attaches here is the "knowingness" thread.. (through the fontanell at birth, but it does migrate around a bit). The "first chamber of the heart can get pretty activated from this.. thus the confusion.. yet it is still possible to be hurt, when grounded only in the first chamber of the heart.

Now you can get all sorts of treatises on this, from folks who have studied the ancient texts.

But this is my moment by moment experience.. for the past month..
that is the limit of my experience. This is the very power which has transformed my autism so that I no longer feel separate from anyone, or could possibly take offense from anyone.. the transformation has been nothing short of astonishing... I never dreamed this was possible.. and it's just a step! A step! It would never have happened without AYP.

This is where AYP, a purified nervous system and the fulness of time can take all of us.

Love,

Kevin
Go to Top of Page

beetsmyth

USA
104 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  8:11:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit beetsmyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lol ....great reply!!! ....especially that the heart cave is just a step!!!! Yes I agree.... and here I thought it was the end of me, when really its the beginning of Infinity.

If anyone else wishes to share experiences with this subject, please do reply.

Thank you
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  02:36:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Its the other way around.

You come out, do different forms of yoga, do self enquiry, wake up from a nap, seek the source of the thoughts etc.

Then return back to your cave.

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1538 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  03:57:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear beetsmyth,

Yes, I have experienced the "heart cave". Interesting explanation Kevin - thks. I have tried sending my awareness down the cave and no, it did not end up in 'infinity', it appears to loop back on itself ie one moment I am at the beginning, traveling in into dark space, a fraction of a second and I am back where I started. I did it several times - it felt like skipping rope. Another time, going into the heart cave I got 'thrown out' by an energy current, right to about a couple of inches outside my body, in the heart region and I could clearly make out the shape of the heart chakra - like the morning glory flower (funnel shaped).

Seysorciere
Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  09:43:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by manigma

quote:

You come out, do different forms of yoga, do self enquiry, wake up from a nap, seek the source of the thoughts etc.

Lovely distinction.
Go to Top of Page

beetsmyth

USA
104 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  3:18:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit beetsmyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Ha!! Your right..... The source of thought, where the ego and all its amalgamations go when its tim to go to sleep at night.

Spot on! touche!
Go to Top of Page

chas

USA
209 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  4:50:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste, beetsmyth!

The cave in the heart or Bindu was made known to me somewhat spontaneously- that is I wasn't trying for it or looking for it. There are methods taught to realize or "pierce the Bindu" (see the link below), but I don't truly KNOW of them- aside from my experience, which is meditation, pratyahara- withdrawal of senses + surrender + Grace.

Now, I hesitate to speak about this... I've tried to before and my attempts seem utterly laughable. IT is ineffable... But I'll try. The Bindu is like a doorway to the Absolute. The first time I came about THAT, I was sitting in meditation with the I AM mantra. I was experiencing a lot of energy and I had the thought to follow the energy to it's source. My attention went to the heart area, behind my heart chakra (relatively to me, it is there- it is actually everywhere and no-where). There--IS Stillness...Incredible Peace. It was not a sensation, it was an absence of sensation- in the middle or core of much sensation. IT had great pull to it, like gravity. The last thing I remember was being drawn in, as if being sucked into a Black Hole. There was a momentary immense fear that I would be destroyed. I surrendered to it... "Let It Be", I said. I don't remember anything after that, in the normal sense of the word remember. I remember in a sense that I went home. Home to my Self. And I Know THAT. "I" disappeared- from time/space, from existence. That which remained of what was "me"- IS Pure Bliss Consciousness. Outside of time and space, relativity, Maya...The Unity which gives rise to the "ten thousand things". THAT IS.

You might find this page helpful: http://www.swamij.com/bindu.htm

Love!

Edited by - chas on Jun 08 2011 5:31:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  01:57:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Ha!! Your right..... The source of thought, where the ego and all its amalgamations go when its tim to go to sleep at night.

Ha Ha!!

In deep sleep the mind is merged and not destroyed. That which merges reappears. It may happen in meditation also. But the mind which is destroyed cannot reappear. The yogi's aim must be to destroy it and not to sink into laya. In the peace of meditation, laya sometimes ensues but it is not enough. It must be supplemented by other practices for destroying the mind. ~ Ramana Maharshi

http://www.messagefrommasters.com/E...n_trance.htm

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  02:34:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
so very true manigma....nip it in the bud...i love Ramana
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  05:41:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

so very true manigma....nip it in the bud...i love Ramana

Cool. Here's another:

The mind should be made to rest in the Heart till the destruction of the 'I-thought' which is of the form of ignorance, residing in the Heart. This itself is jnana; this alone is dhyana also. The rest are a mere digression of words, digression of the texts.

Therefore, if one gains the skill of retaining the mind in one’s Self through some means or other, one need not worry about other matters.

~ Ramana Maharshi

http://bhagwan-ramana-maharshi.blog...ths-and.html

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  06:07:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
cool indeed
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  07:18:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Beetsmyth,

I'll share this topic here to enrich the discussion.
Center of bliss part 2:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=9209

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000