Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 How do they dematerialize body?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John C

USA
76 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  09:40:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey Christi,
How do you suppose those yogis dematerialize their body at time of death in Tibetan Buddhism. I'm sure you've read accounts of this happening. I value your opinions and thought I might ask what explanation you have on that. thanks.

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  11:42:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is purported in a book ive read that an practitioner of Yoga begins an exchange of energies between the physical and the celestial plane (Sure ways of self-realization - Yoga Publications trust Swami Satyananda Saraswati)

so as we progress things just seem to melt away sometimes - for instance i felt sick after working in an office that was being painted, the sickness reached peak and then seemed to dissolve and rise to heaven. this relationship between the feminine energies of the solid earth and the masculine energy of the heavenes grows and eventiually big miracles occur.

Joe
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  5:58:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by John C

Hey Christi,
How do you suppose those yogis dematerialize their body at time of death in Tibetan Buddhism. I'm sure you've read accounts of this happening.

Christi

If and when you address John C's intriguing question, I have a further question of clarification. In such accounts where "yogis dematerialize their body at the time of death," how do you interpret "body" -- flesh-and-blood corpse or inner energy body?

Bewell

Edited by - bewell on Feb 12 2011 6:01:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4374 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  07:04:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi John,

quote:
Hey Christi,
How do you suppose those yogis dematerialize their body at time of death in Tibetan Buddhism. I'm sure you've read accounts of this happening. I value your opinions and thought I might ask what explanation you have on that. thanks.

It's not only the Tibetan Buddhists who do this, Jesus did it, and Yogis in India have been known to do it. They transfer their conscousness to the subtle bodies at the time of death and then dissolve the physical body into it's five elements.

quote:
Christi

If and when you address John C's intriguing question, I have a further question of clarification. In such accounts where "yogis dematerialize their body at the time of death," how do you interpret "body" -- flesh-and-blood corpse or inner energy body?

The "body" referred to is the physical body. The inner energy body remains intact, and shining, as does the causal body. The soul forms can then remain in the astral plane, or take a new physical body if they wish to do so.

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Feb 13 2011 4:01:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

John C

USA
76 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  09:58:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi,
Is this possible for us Westerners to accomplish, and if so, what practices must one do?
thanks, John
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4374 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  4:18:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi John,

quote:
Is this possible for us Westerners to accomplish, and if so, what practices must one do?
thanks, John

I've never heard of a Westerner managing to do this, no. But then, there always has to be a first.

As for practices, I have no idea. I've never done it myself. I imagine you simply practice Yoga until you are comfortable operating primarily from the astral realm, and gain enough mastery of mind that you are able to de-materialize objects. Then you die and de-materialize your physical body. I'm not quite sure why anyone would want to do this... saves on wood for the cremation I guess? Maybe they wanted to see the look on everyone's faces when they saw the body had dissapeared?

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Feb 13 2011 4:18:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

John C

USA
76 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  08:44:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,
So other than how do they do it, is the related question of why do they do it. Why did Christ and others do it? Where would I go to find out more on this? Can you contemplate this and answer back? thanks,
John
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4374 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  10:48:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi John,

As I said, I really have no idea. I believe that Jesus performed miracles so that people would believe in him, and in his case it could simply have been another miracle in order to increase faith. But in the case of the Tibetan Buddhists, they are under precepts, one of which I believe is not to openly demonstrate miraculous powers. So in their case, they would have been breaking their precepts if they had de-materialized their physical body upon death in order to inspire faith in others.

One thing I have heard is that at advanced stages of practice, the physical body begins to become transparent, sometimes passing through physical objects entirely. At this point it is only the power of prana from the subtle body which maintains the existence of the physical body at all (not just the life force which animates the physical body but the actual existence of the matter in the physical plane). So in theory, at this stage, when the Yogi dies and the physical body separates completely from the astral body, there would no longer be enough prana to actually keep the physical body in existence.

This is the only theory which would make any sense to me. It's not a siddhi I'm working on personally.

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Feb 14 2011 2:15:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blue Opal

33 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  4:11:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blue Opal's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LOL surely this is a joke. You know why people can dematerialise their body but you don't know how they can scientifically.

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4374 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  6:49:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Blue Opal,

quote:
LOL surely this is a joke. You know why people can dematerialise their body but you don't know how they can scientifically.

On a scientific level, matter does not actually exist, so neither does the physical body. Physical matter is made up of atoms which are themselves made up of a core of protons and neutrons and an electron field surrounding it. An atom is almost entirely empty space, with the electrons simply being an energetic charge. Even the protons and neutrons are made up of much smaller particles called hadrons, which are made up of smaller particles called quarks which are simply energetic fields. In other words, there is really nothing there other than energy.

Quarks are actually a densified form of energy which has its origin in a much finer energy vibration existing in a much more refined energetic realm.

This energy appears to us (when we are awake) as the physical universe because of the interaction of three things: The vibrational frequency of the energy itself, the nature of the subtle body and the nature of the observing consciousness. If you alter the vibrational rate of any of these three factors then the appearance of the physical universe changes. So if you raise the vibrational frequency of an object such as a table, it will appear to dissapear. Actually the energy will still be there, and will be observable to beings operating at a higher vibrational rate. Likewise if you raise the vibrational frequency of your own subtle body you will see angels instead of humans. If you raise the vibrational frequency of the observing consciousness you will see God (everywhere) instead of angels.

So there isn't really such a thing as de-materialization, because there is no material reality in the first place. We just think there is because we are used to interpreting the world that way.

So that's the science behind it... or rather I hope that will be the science behind it in about 50 years time. At the moment science is still in its infancy and is just now beginning to grasp these things, especially in the field of quantum physics.

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Feb 15 2011 03:48:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

John C

USA
76 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  12:06:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Christi,
This is all inspiring and wonderful somehow.
I have been fascinated by reports of yogis dis-asembling the physical body into energy, through accounts in Namkhai Norbu's writings and accounts. They take ten days to do this, and shrivel up and only leave hair and finger nails. On a less fantastic level,I am also interested in Phowa practices for whatever fulfillment that can provide at the special time of end of life. And whether we need to get started way in advance with yogic preparatory practices.
J
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4374 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  03:53:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi John,

Yes, I'm sure that a strong foundation in Yoga (spiritual practice) is essential as a foundation for all miracles, including the only one which actually matters in the end... to become a manifestation of Divine love in the world.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  04:49:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by John C
So other than how do they do it, is the related question of why do they do it. Why did Christ and others do it?

Here is some info that might be of interest:

Buddha does not exist any more; the soul that lived within was lost at the seventh plane. But before the soul was merged into the seventh, arrangements were made to see that these three bodies -- the second, third and fourth -- did not die. The momentum of Buddha's determination and promise was instilled into them. It is just as if I were to throw a stone with enough force for it to travel fifty miles; then I die soon after throwing the stone. But my death cannot interfere with the movement of the stone. It has the force I gave it to travel fifty miles, and it will do that whether I am there or not. The strength I exerted will keep the stone going.

Buddha has given a momentum to these three bodies and they will live. He has also told how long they can remain. Now the time is ripe for Maitreya to take birth. This very experiment was carried out upon J. Krishnamurti so that he would attain these three bodies of Buddha. First this experiment was carried out on Nityananda, the elder brother of Krishnamurti, but he died in the process. This is a very unique process -- one which is difficult to go through.

I made a big post here:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=8447#73023

Maybe they are not dematerializing the body. But preserving it.

Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  12:48:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,
Your post to Blue Opal was spot on and anyone interested can find out easily, there are many books out there.'The Tao of Physics' is a good one and I have a couple of Matrix Energetics which also talk of the Quantum Physics involved.Unfortunately although QP was well known in Einsteins time, he disregarded it because it turns Newton's laws of Physics on it's head.It is still not understood even by the Q physicists even though it is akin to many of the things that the sages of India expereinced in the past and which we are experiencing nowadays.Because the method of communication of humans is not advanced enough to explain it to onesself never mind to another.Try explaining to yourself how you feel different one day as you awake, when you can't put your finger on it.LOL
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

mahabaratara

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  5:44:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit mahabaratara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Blue Opal,

quote:

On a scientific level, matter does not actually exist, so neither does the physical body. Physical matter is made up of atoms which are themselves made up of a core of protons and neutrons and an electron field surrounding it. An atom is almost entirely empty space, with the electrons simply being an energetic charge. Even the protons and neutrons are made up of much smaller particles called hadrons, which are made up of smaller particles called quarks which are simply energetic fields. In other words, there is really nothing there other than energy.

Quarks are actually a densified form of energy which has its origin in a much finer energy vibration existing in a much more refined energetic realm.

This energy appears to us (when we are awake) as the physical universe because of the interaction of three things: The vibrational frequency of the energy itself, the nature of the subtle body and the nature of the observing consciousness. If you alter the vibrational rate of any of these three factors then the appearance of the physical universe changes. So if you raise the vibrational frequency of an object such as a table, it will appear to dissapear. Actually the energy will still be there, and will be observable to beings operating at a higher vibrational rate. Likewise if you raise the vibrational frequency of your own subtle body you will see angels instead of humans. If you raise the vibrational frequency of the observing consciousness you will see God (everywhere) instead of angels.

So there isn't really such a thing as de-materialization, because there is no material reality in the first place. We just think there is because we are used to interpreting the world that way.

So that's the science behind it... or rather I hope that will be the science behind it in about 50 years time. At the moment science is still in its infancy and is just now beginning to grasp these things, especially in the field of quantum physics.

Christi

When I was going through my first Kundalini experience in '01 I became obsessed with quantum physics and half the time I didn't know where the information I was coming out with came from or indeed why.

It involved Chaos Theory/Quantum Physics/Dark Matter and Dimensional theories.

Maybe I should try to remember. As your succinct post actually jogged my memory.

Again Thank You.

Maha
Go to Top of Page

GogetaSwami

India
27 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2011 :  5:44:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What are you guys talking about?

Are you guys talking about this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dzogch...Rainbow_Body
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4374 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  06:28:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gogetaswami,

Yes, that's what we are talking about.

Christi

p.s. welcome to the forum.
Go to Top of Page

GogetaSwami

India
27 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  10:08:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Also seems to be talked about here:

http://www.surajamrita.com/bon/buddhahood.html

Number 4 talks about rainbow body.

Number 3 talks about illusory body.

Edited by - GogetaSwami on Mar 30 2011 10:22:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

nodoubt

India
90 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  10:29:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
By seeing that the nature of the conditioned is unconditioned.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000