AYPsite.org Forum
 Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Sri Radha Ma
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2011 :  4:22:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,

I've recently heard about this beautiful being from an English to Arabic translated version of the small book "who am I?" for Sri Ramana Maharshi.

Ammar Al Hassan is the person behind the translation. In case you ever read this dear Ammar, I just would like to say that the books were projects of mine for the translation but you beat me to it.

Thank you for doing a job well done, the Arab world is in your infinite gratitude Mr. Ammar.

The book was offered to me as a gift from dear Swaha who came back last Sunday from Tiruvannamalai, India. And it also triggered within me the decision to take the jump and go to Tiruvannamalai myself.

Here's a beautiful set of videos on the saint:
http://www.conscious-websites.com/b...adhama1.html

And here's a short bio on Sri Radha Ma:

Radha Ma lives in Tiruvannamalai in Tamil Nadu, the city of Ramana Maharshi, at the foot of the sacred Arunachala Hill.

She came to Tiru from Bangalore where she got married and had a successful career as a chartered accountant. At some point, she decided to renounce the worldly life. Actually, she claims that she was born in this "state" that she is in, and has always been in it. For some time she conducted a life of a female sadhu, sleeping in the streets while moving to the area of Tiruvannamalai and Arunachala. Soon, devotees began attracted to her and urged her to move from the streets to a house that was rented for her. Her husband himself became one of her devotees.

Radha lives in a house together with a very few selected 3 sannyasins. The house is located off the pradakshina road on the Northwest side of the Arunachala Hill.

Recently land was purchased on the south edge of Lake Samudra and work has already started on building a perimeter fence. Quickly planned will be the construction of five cottages for devotees and a large prayer/meditation hall. At this time no special facility on the land is being made for Radha Ma, who is taking an active interest in the development of the site and goes regularly to check progress.

Source:
http://www.gurusfeet.com/guru/radha-ma

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  12:10:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can tolerate the stupidity of intelligent people some of the time; I can tolerate the stupidity of stupid people all the time; but I can never tolerate the intelligence of stupid people at any time.
Sri Radha Ma
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  12:21:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am like a bird
I only fly away
I don't know where my home is
I don't know where my soul is
Baby, don't waste time to meet me
I am like a bird...

-- Radha Ma
Source: http://www.gurusfeet.com/guru/radha-ma#tabset-2
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  12:22:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Gurudom is boredom."
Sri Radha Ma
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  12:23:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
She has a wonderful sense of humour
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  12:27:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
E x c e r p t s
Rare Dialogues with 16 Indian Masters
on the Teachings of Sri Ramana Maharshi.

Radha Ma

A young woman of unknown age (perhaps early 40s), she originates from Bangalore and she was successfully working for many years in Hyderabad as a chartered accountant. It was here she met her husband and they chose to marry to escape the family marriage pressures. He lives with her now as a devotee. She refuses to see herself as a guru or master but many come to her anyway.

Arranging this interview with Radha Ma in 2003 was a delight. She was immediately completely available, saying, 'Why not now?' So we sat together and had lots of fun making the interview. Meeting her again in recent years, there is tremendous love in her presence. The large sign on her gate reads: 'I'm not a guru. Instead of wasting your time trying to meet me, you can go to Ramanashramam.' I am touched that despite this, she accepts my invitations to speak at the Arunachala Pilgrimage Retreat. Her uncompromising delivery of Truth is lovingly and humorously expressed. A wise woman.

It has been suggested that the mind must be destroyed for liberation to occur. Do you have a mind?

No, no. The mind is illusion. The mind does not exist anymore. I don't know what mind is.

You say that you don't have mind; if you got in a car then you could drive the car, right? When you worked as a tax officer you could work with computers and with figures and calculations, right? So for doing those kinds of things you need a mind.

Sure, also I have a point of view to answer all these questions and I should have a dictionary in my mind to speak all these words, right? But it comes spontaneously from consciousness, from my inner being. It's not through the mind. Mind always manipulates, judges; nothing of this happens here. Before I answer a question I don't have to think whether I am right or wrong, nothing like that. That is the problem with the mind. The mind always calculates and manipulates, but when something comes from spontaneity - the mind never existed here. I don't know whether I am right or wrong from your point of view, I don't care about it either. There is no judgement, nothing. It just happens.

When you say you don't have a mind, do you mean that you don't have the memories, experiences, worries, conditionings and knowledge that society and teachers gave you? Are you saying that you have a mind in the sense you can do things when you need to, to operate your body?

Yes, that has been taken care of, but there have also been so many days that I have lived without food. I am beyond the physical and beyond the mental, the mind cannot be here now. All these emotions and attachments are transcended. I don't want to say that I am different; the moment I say that I don't have mind I feel I am different from you. It feels ugly to say it, but it is true.

Could you say, 'I am not attached to my mind'?

No, there is no mind at all to be attached to! Attachment is a different thing. I don't have a mind at all, it does not exist, it's an illusion. And once you cut off that illusion, where does it come from? There is no mind at all. It is just an illusion.

Are you telling me that since you were very young you never really had a mind? You never really lived in your thoughts?

No. No thoughts. I don't know how to explain it more than that. I didn't have words to explain those stages. I was what I was. Maybe what I was when I was a child and what I am today are the same. There is no difference in me, I am the same. So what you say about the mind is relative. I don't find that the world or mind exist for me, but as the body is in the world, you think I am in the world. And because I talk, you think that I have mind too. Apparently it looks like that, but it
is not.

When you worked in the tax office it looked like you had a mind to do these complicated calculations.

Nothing of the sort. It is being taken care of. In fact I didn't study much about these things. I didn't even study computers. The moment I wanted to learn about computers I went to a hardware training institute. My lecturers objected. They told me, 'You are a tax consultant and don't have any electronics background so we can't teach you. You need some electronics background.'

But after a few days it was as if I knew the subject best in the class. I was even correcting the master; I told him that he was wrong in so many things. He was really shocked and he thought that I had learned it somewhere else and that I was there teasing him. (both laugh) This really happened, I am not joking! Actually they thought that I had learned it somewhere else and was coming to class to annoy these people, but I was not. The moment I had made the decision to learn it, the knowledge came to me.

Then I found that there is no need for me to learn anything. Whether in this world or another world there is no need to learn. Everything is already available. When you use a computer you use a server. I am a client, so I receive whatever record is being sent by the server - that's what happens. The ultimate takes care of that. I don't have anything of my own, just a monitor is enough. So whatever the server sends, the client receives it, that's it! I need not have a CPU (central processing unit) of my own.

When Western people come with their minds, their sufferings, their worries, tensions and fears, can you understand immediately that this is an illusion, that this is not true? What do you say to them?

Whether a person is Western or Indian, all suffering and pain are illusions. You are dreaming and you believe that you are having a nightmare; you dream that a tiger is chasing you, but it is an illusionary tiger and illusionary fear too. Any suffering, whether it is Western or Indian or whatever, is like that; all suffering is illusion. You imagine you suffer, that's it. There is no suffering really. Everything is perfect in you.

Everything is exactly as it should be!

Yes, it is perfect. I can say that you are dreaming. I can say it one hundred and one times but still you dream and still you are frightened of the tiger; you can't help it, because it is perfect and it should be like that.

You yourself will wake up from the dream one day and see that all those times you were chased and frightened by an imaginary tiger! But everything is perfect. It is perfect for you to be afraid now. It is perfect for you to have the nightmare now. We can't say that it is wrong, it
is perfect.

Are you saying that you accept whatever comes, whether it be happy or unhappy, sad, angry or blissful?

Mind is illusion, so why are you bothered if mind is angry or not, or whether it is jealous or suspicious? The mind itself is illusory, so why should you be bothered by this negative quality of the mind? Everything is perfect. Mind is like this. Mind can be angry or peaceful, mind can be happy or unhappy. But it is illusion. How to say something is good or something is bad in the illusion? This illusion is illusion, it is still illusion, and it is perfect whatever comes.

What do you say to somebody that comes to you? You tell them that it is an illusion, but still they are suffering and they come every day to see you with this pain. The pain is there from something which they believe so strongly that they can't just throw it away. What do you say to them?

I say the same thing to them: it is all perfect! You suffered, it's perfect. You trusted, it's perfect. So many people seek in the world and then come back. They say, 'We have meditated for ten years and we didn't get it,' and they are frustrated. And this frustration is perfect. I can say that your seeking is a waste, but this is not real for you. My knowledge and my Truth is not real for you, it is not your Truth; you have to find out your own Truth.

So I say this, 'What you are seeking is stupidity, there is no enlightenment,' but still your mind can't accept that. You meditate for one week and there is no enlightenment, so the mind says 'Why should I meditate?' So you stop meditating and then next week the mind comes back and says, 'What you are doing is rubbish. You have to sit and meditate.'

That's what the mind says, so you follow the mind. It is that which is going to give you the happiness, not me! My Truth is mine and your Truth is yours and until you find out the Truth for yourself you have to walk on the path.

Suppose you start off from home and I say that this is your home and that you need not travel anywhere; you can't accept this, you have to travel, you have to get fed up and be frustrated and come back to the same place and realise that this is the home from where you actually started. It's perfect. You have to find out for yourself. It is the mind, that is what the mind is.

Source: http://openskypress.com/en/blueprin....php#radhama
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  2:15:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for sharing so much ....
Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  2:52:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I like the excerpt you posted - many thanks, Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  07:21:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are both most welcome dear Maheswari and Amoux

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  07:19:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is from Sri Radhas' Facebook account which she shares openly with others:

#8206;@all- In some websites,they mentioned that I born free..from the birth. I never said anytime like that. All I said was I am like this (this state) right from my birth. I could be the state of Consciousness or ignorance....Left to God to decide.

http://www.facebook.com/radha.ma
Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  08:41:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Ananda - hopefully she'll accept a Friend request
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  09:24:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  03:25:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Was supposed to meet the saint on Sunday, but she had to leave out of Tiru to take care of a sick friend.

Guess It's my karma, but all is good I will be with my beloved Ramana/Arunachala and get the chance to meet other teachers while there and might also attend satsang with Ramana's grand nephew who was raised in the presence of Sri Ramana...

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

senthil

India
25 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2011 :  09:24:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit senthil's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I also liked the other interview with 'Kiran'. Both interviews are wonderful.

What Kiran says makes so much sense...whether we can follow that is a big question.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2011 :  11:00:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Senthil,

hope you're doing great. Since I was in Tiru and didn't get the chance to meet Radha, I can't recommend her totally. So if anyone wants to see her it's only on his own liability.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

senthil

India
25 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2011 :  01:36:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit senthil's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I understand, Ananda. Thanks much for sharing your experiences !!!
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2011 :  02:40:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've just received this sad news from a blog post which I am subscribed to:

Radha Ma attempts self-immolation in Tiruvannamalai
http://richardarunachala.wordpress....uvannamalai/

Hope she gets better
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2011 :  07:22:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Radha Ma Drops the Body
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=9374

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000