AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Total acceptance/ surrender
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  3:59:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
It is interesting to inquire and see if every thought is accepted and surrendered to, is there resistance or aversion no matter how small to any given thought? Can any thought be accepted as is and taken for that, just a thought?

The same can be done with emotions. Is every emotion that arises within accepted or surrendered to? Is there any tension or contraction no matter how slight?

Finally, is there acceptance physically. Do any sensations, discomforts or pains cause contraction, tension, resistance?

Ironic how intimately tied acceptance/ surrender is to bliss and peace/ physical relaxation.

slenten

23 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  12:26:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
From an energy conservation and materialist standpoint, Anthem11, I prefer to withdraw attention from a thought; then, relax the solar plexus, return to the breath when an emotion intrudes and continue inquiry on the self.

For me, it's an ongoing reconditioning of the mind to become quiet and reduce the vasana load. But it is a skillful letting go at the subtlest hint of an arising thought or emotion and not struggling with the mind if it gets caught up in its monkey dance: at the first opportunity, drop the focus. I find that using a little kundalini will shut it up instantly, if necessary, or, reminding the mind of its true nature, or, dropping the head energy into the heart center also works.

Sensations and bodily suffering are opportunities to remind one of their true nature and a good exercise to remove focus from them to conserve energy for self-inquiry and the practice of knowledge.

So for me, bliss, peace and physical relaxation are repurposed energy that might have been wasted in useless, automatic thinking and emotional states. The mind becomes increasingly pure and bright, a sharp tool for inquiry.

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  1:18:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthem

Just seeing this now....

I am currently in a deep love affair with the moment. And I am finding that the more I allow myself to surrender to whatever is happening within each moment, the more ecstatic bliss is felt... on all levels, but especially physically. Seems like we are on the same page.

Love!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000