Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Perineum Stimulation Tool
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ycloutier2000

Canada
78 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2006 :  2:27:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have discovered a fantasic way to apply pressure to the perineum for those who have flexibility issues. I am using oe of those "stress balls" - those filled with silicon microbeads. I sit on the floor, in a comfotable cross leg position(nothing strenuous) and put the stress ball by the perineum. I find the pressure much more satisfactory(and pleasurable) than using the heel on the bed method.

noche

Colombia
16 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2006 :  3:30:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit noche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
but, what about the bioenergy circuit tha developes usin the bodyparts(heel, and position)?

in lak´ech
Go to Top of Page

star

12 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2006 :  6:52:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit star's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I use 2 tennis balls and they work good. I will try the stress balls and see how they work for me. I definitely can not do the heal thing.
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2006 :  7:33:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great idea, Y. I'll definitely try it.
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2006 :  09:31:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, they won't have this particular circuit.
But you can't have everything, can you?
Yoga is all about optimizing within your particular constraints.

quote:
Originally posted by noche

but, what about the bioenergy circuit tha developes usin the bodyparts(heel, and position)?

in lak´ech

Go to Top of Page

ycloutier2000

Canada
78 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2006 :  10:24:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by noche

in lak´ech

Yes, I have thought about that. That element would be missing. Until my body becomes more flexible I think this would still be of benefit. As I understand having pressure alone is still beneficial.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2006 :  11:20:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Y and all:

The "circuit" of heel on perineum is not a key factor. The gentle pressure is, when one is ready for it, and it sounds like you have a good approach.

There is some benefit in sitting cross-legged. This has to do with opening the hips more than creating a circuit. But, as mentioned in the lessons, crossed legs are not mandatory either.

If a circuit happens later on, fine. If not, that is okay. The rising energy will take care of it as needed, and as one is able. Same thing with thumbs joining index fingers. These are effects (automatic yoga) more than causes. Are these circuit things necessary for enlightenment? Not as far as I can tell. It is much easier to make progress while comfortable. In fact, comfort in sitting practices is more of a prerequisite than any particular body position. Then we can be doing the techniques instead of being excessively distracted by the body.

Enjoy!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000