Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Further discussions on tantra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2006 :  11:27:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

I am continuing the previous topics (http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=781 and http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=821) of tantra here, just to make it more convenient for discussion.

Thanks bewell. Does anyone have more free information on that? And anyone else here tried it out? What's its position in yoga? (e.g. whether it is degenerative)

Good information, Jim. May I know where you learnt this technique?

I have a bunch of taoists tantric techniques from a modern treatise written in Chinese. (btw, it's quite scientific too! Thanks God!) Much more real practices than the books of Mantak Chia, and includes many western modern techniques, too. But I'm practising none of them since my focus is on yoga.

I have much progress on tantra since my last post on this topic-- I have abandoned orgasm altogether for a month now, after yogani's advice. The sitting practices seems to be more than enough for giving me control. And with the intense training of the pelvic muscles, blocking (which frightened me) is not necessary. There are some very slight orgamic effects, but no ejaculation by means of the "inner" blocking. And I don't see I would need any real orgasm in the near future--it's just too mundane for me now. (But what I'm doing is just tantric masturbation. Is real tantra sex much more difficult?) I enjoy the "space" possible only without orgasm. And I feel pretty good on these days, too. Perhaps one orgasm every 1-2 months is fine for me.

Still, since there seems to be no point just to perserve prana without using them, I may want to look for ways to take the benefits. The taoist's are too complicated. Instead, I've just started this technique, from the yogic tradition:

Upon holding back (when it's close to orgasm), exhale completely and apply uddiyana and mulabandha. Perhaps add some contraction in the urinary tract too. Hold external Kumbhaka with the bandhas for a while. (for me, it's only about 10-20 seconds since I want it to be safe)

Anyone try/heard about this? Have any comments? Does it play a role in bringing the energy up? Still too soon to share my personal experience, but it feels nice---there're some slight change in consciousness upon the Kumbhaka.

I may also add spinal breath to tantric masturbation very soon. Perhaps yogani or someone can give me some instruction?

Alvin

Edited by - Alvin Chan on Mar 12 2006 11:44:40 AM

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2006 :  12:21:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Damn, Alvin! when you change you really change! You have gona a month so far with no problems?
Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2006 :  01:54:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No problem, and I enjoy this new experience. I am surprised, too. When I first started, I asked you guys how come you can end a sexual activity without orgasm. (without the uncontrollable feeling that something is "missed") But as I get more ecstatic conductivity and inner silence, things opened up automatically. Of course the ecstatic conductivity is still very very weak compared to real orgasm. So frankly, the real change come from my Bhakti. With the support of a kind of calmness cultivated, I believe, from meditation; I can see more clearly and calmly in front of orgasm now, that orgasm is nothing but that a couple of seconds. The Bhakti stems also from the pain trauma in life, and a determination to change things as far as I could--- after I realized how terribly lonely I could feel, the Bhakti suddenly gets 10 fold stronger, and with a much better motivation. The deep sorrow is much deeper and more long-lasting than the little pleasure from a few seconds of orgasm. Who would then care about that few seconds if one has a choice?
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2006 :  7:32:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good progress Alvin. How often do u do TM? Once per week or more than that? I would suggest you to have some control over the frequency of TM sessions too so that you dont hurt yourself with excessive TM.

I would suggest once or twice per week not more than that. Ofcourse "excessive" varies from person to person and definitely twice daily TM is not recommended.

Genes are a result of karma RATHER THAN A CAUSE OF IT - Yogani
Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2006 :  03:45:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your advice, nearoanoke.

quote:

How often do u do TM? Once per week or more than that?

That's one problem....I am doing about 3-5 times a week, depending on how busy I am. The problem is that with no ejaculation, there seems to be no limitation in the frequency. I am not driven by a really strong urge, and I am careful not to become compulsive/additive about it. Rather it's like an activity to release stress (especially when I feel confused about what meaningful things I can do in life) and perhaps cultivating energy. It seems to be a good way, since it can elevate my mood without draining me. There are some urge but it's not an uncontrollable one. I think that's because sometimes there are still some orgasm-like effects. Occasionally one or two drops of semen will come out. That's something I would like to work on---may be to avoid the orgasm-like effects atogether?

quote:
I would suggest you to have some control over the frequency of TM sessions too so that you dont hurt yourself with excessive TM.

May I know what the possible harms are? When I first succeed in TM about 1 months ago, I sometimes get some pain in my abdominal area afterwards. Especially after a long (say 30mins - 1 hour)TM session. But now the pain it's very rare.

Although it's not difficult (even desirable!) for me to abandon real oragasm, reducing the TM to say once a week seems not so easy. At least at the moment.

Edited by - Alvin Chan on Mar 14 2006 01:14:19 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000