Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 Help to heal a headache
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

11jono11

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2010 :  3:57:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello, I am currently writing a dissertation, I am finding it very taxing, I am either to tired to work on it / focus or have pretty much a constant headache when working on it. More so the latter, I haven't felt tired/been forcing myself to work on it as I have deadlines.

When I mention headaches a lot of people (in the spiritual field) assume energetic overload etc and suggest self pacing, but I am pretty sure that it is not due to practice (atm= brief asana routine, 10min SBP and 20min DM, 5 min rest) but due to the work itself, which at the moment I am finding difficult and not enjoying, petty problem I know.

I was considering doing AYP mantra meditation in my breaks/whenever the headaches were getting too intense, to alleviate the headaches, but I have read that one shouldn't really do it more than twice a day and if done over twice a day can cause headaches.

I am just wondering if anyone has any suggestions of how to alleviate the headaches, naturally, when working or anything I can utilize when taking breaks?

Any suggestions are welcome, I hope others can benefit from some of the answers provided.

Love. x

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2010 :  5:06:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

You are right, don't meditate during the breaks... not a good idea.

Here is one thing that helped me and has helped many others that I have told this to... the reason we have headaches is because when we are concentrating, focusing too much, we are living in our heads. So any time you have a headache or feel heavy headed, bring you attention down, to your heart or navel area and think form there. The heaviness in your head will reduce. Also make sure you drink plenty of water during you intense work phases.
Few other things to try would be to use a heat pack followed by a cold pack on the neck and head. If your eyes feel tired, soak a couple of tea back in water for a few min and freeze them, then apply them to your eyes till they lose their chill.

Hope some of these help.
Go to Top of Page

11jono11

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2010 :  7:03:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Shanti .

Don't know whether it is your long distance presence or intention in the writing but as soon as I started reading the post my headache went away.

Directing attention lower to heart/navel etc, does help, the headache does go away, but soon after when getting back involved in work it comes back, I will try practicing it a bit more, the fact that it goes away initially is nice .

The good news is, less than 4 months till my degree is over, so the headaches will definitely be gone by then .

Edited by - 11jono11 on Dec 17 2010 7:24:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2010 :  9:40:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Glad I could help Jono.

Will send you some healing over the next few moths to help with the headaches.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2010 :  10:38:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Close your eyes, relax and put all your attention on the headache. Check all of your senses; what does it look like (how big, what shape, color, etc), what sound does it have, what does it smell like, what texture is it (sense of touch), is it hot or cold, what taste does it have? Is it pulsating, throbbing, or have a rhythm? Putting your whole attention on it makes it go away.

Don't be surprised if it moves and changes. It usually does. This is a sign it is going away.

This will work with any pain. If it is something that needs further attention (like a broken bone) the pain will keep coming back. You can do incredible things with this technique. . .

It helps to imagine you are very small and can go inside the body and move around while you are looking at the pain.

Edited by - Etherfish on Dec 17 2010 10:42:52 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000