Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Roasting Myself But Don't Do Yoga
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eyeknownothing

USA
12 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  8:09:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey, thanks for reading. I'm hoping that posting this will provide another data point in that quest for understanding and maybe get me some help!

I've never really meditated or done yoga besides maybe two times each, though I have been sort of playing with my energy flows and quieting my internal dialogue in a sort of Gurdjieffian/Castanedan/my-own-experimentation mishmash practice. I've been working a lot on becoming conscious of myself, as the Gurdjieffians call it, though I'm pretty sure it's quite similar to what's described as witness consciousness around here. I'll play with sexual energy flows and work on hearing every sound in complex music with unwavering attention, and I get totally blissed out and it feels like my face is melting and so forth. Most of my playing with energy flows has involved sending them to the crown and brow chakras and sort of trying to store them there. I'm not sure where I got that idea, but I think I read just enough to get myself into trouble.

So a few months back, after a fairly intense period of this mishmash practice, I got so full of energy while listening to some music that I felt sparks popping off of my arms. A few days after that I started getting really bad heat rash - something that I'd never gotten before despite spending a lot of time in hot weather - and just attributed it to the humidity and heat.

Last week, I was on a really long road trip with a stranger who turned out to not be compatible with me at all. I decided to use him as a conscious shock, as it's called in the 4th way, to bring me into consciousness of myself/witness consciousness whenever he did something that would otherwise arouse negative emotions. I succeeded, and managed to spend most of a week in that state. Something negative, mostly negative emotional worries about time and money, died out of me in a big way after that transformative week, it became even easier to move energy, and everything started looking way more different than it already had.

So suffice it to say that I was sneezing a ton, getting headaches, and have now gotten this rash all over vast tracts of my skin. My right arm in particular is really cooked. It acts just like a heat rash, but I haven't been in hot weather. It took me a while to figure out that the energy I was playing with was burning me from the inside out, but that lead me to this great site and all the great info herein. So, I've been doing some reading and trying to ground out and work on the spinal breathing and front channel as advised here, but it's all sort of new to me, and I've never really done yoga. After starting work on the front channel, I managed to burn the space between my nose and upper lip and then under my chin. It sort of feels like the energy just jumps from my brow to my calves sometimes, and the rash has gotten worse behind my knees and started on the tops of my feet. Overall, I think the grounding out is helping though.

Any advice or pointers in the right direction would be great!

Edited by - AYPforum on Jun 10 2012 6:12:19 PM

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  9:06:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum IKnow0!...

Read the lessons and start practicing...it's really very simple...keep it simple.
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  9:21:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello eyeknownothing,

I like the name It does sound like you need to self pace, I would start at the beginning of the lessons and see how they treat you. What exactly are you doing to ground youself? Thanks for sharing
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  9:31:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi eyeknownothing,

I like the name too

I agree with machart and faileforever, the best way to begin with these practices here is to start from the beginning with the deep meditation.

Welcome!!

Edited by - Yonatan on Dec 10 2010 9:32:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  10:27:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome eye-
If the rash happens to be spiritual, deep meditation might not be good. Look in the yoga FAQ about "self pacing" and "grounding". too much spiritual energy can cause this, and you might be a rare case of super sensitivity.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2010 :  02:46:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello and welcome to the forums, looks like a premature awakening a similar case to what happened for me and many others before we first came here. For your well being and stability you can take on spinal breathing from now to balance the energies along spine and use deep meditation after wards to really calm things down. nothing more than 5 minutes of spinal breathing followed by a minute rest then 20 minutes of deep meditation.

Read the lessons carefully and don't start with anything but spinal breathing and deep meditation at least for a couple of months. Hang in there for three days and you'll see the big difference, even after your first session. And while at it try and keep very busy and be physical and walk a lot with awareness on the feet.

A life saver also for people like us would be to check this lesson; It has everything I mentioned and beyond:
http://www.aypsite.org/69.html

The energy mishmash you were doing especially to the crown is what caused this energy imbalance.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

eyeknownothing

USA
12 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  03:19:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey thanks for the advice and glad you like my name! It just came to me ;)

I've been reading the lessons and doing some spinal breathing, but have almost totally stopped listening to music and going into witness mode. Also, I've just started a short term job consisting of grueling long days of field work, and the rash is quickly disappearing, except for on the fronts of my ankles/tops of my feet, which are now in shoes all day. Could it be possible that I need to sort of train my energy conduction mechanisms to send the energy out the bottoms or something?

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  01:35:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Eye, the thing you need most is to let go of all the playing around of energy inside your body and try and forget about it. Continue spinal breathing and follow it up with deep meditation and go and be active daily and follow some of the grounding advices in the lessons and all will be fine. Just take things slowly and try to let go and when the energies arise don't give them too much importance let them go. Even if you're going through a rough time now, it will pass... The rash will also be gone.

I think you should also watch out for your diet, please check this out:
http://www.aypsite.org/ayurveda-diets.html

All the best

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

eyeknownothing

USA
12 Posts

Posted - May 03 2011 :  04:38:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just wanted to shout Huge Thanks to Yogini, this forum, and everyone here. The information in the lessons and discussions has helped immensely. I started regular pranayama and meditation and dove into lots of grounding activity, and my kundalini rash is gone. It took a bit to quiet down, but now I can do long periods of deep meditation without any discomfort. Beyond that, my personal spirituality has made leaps and bounds to the point that I feel like a totally different person. Thanks again!
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 03 2011 :  06:04:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great to know, but watch out about staying in meditation far then is recommended in the lessons.

I wish you all the best on your path.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - May 03 2011 :  10:44:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

@Eye

Most people don't know this, but it's very obvious in all the ancient texts;
Shakti-Kundalni is the power of delusion in your body. Those flashy symptoms
hypnotize you, so that you keep the process going.. She wants Shiva in your
head, and she will dress up in any costume you want her to dress up in,
if you just keep it up.

I've met many people who were reckless, who got brain damage and some committed suicide.

You will get 10x the "kick" out of spiritual practice, if you start with lesson one
and carefully go from there.

A fried brain and body can't feel orgasm after a while.

It has been a very long time, but i've been where you are, man,
i'm not yanking your chain. You want better than the wild death.

Best,

Kevin Cann
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000