Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 delayed periods and purification
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

swaha

Lebanon
88 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2010 :  01:26:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
not sure it is the right place to post this but..
i have a 12 days delayed periods now and still no symptoms, PMS...
i am feeling "weird" and "out of tune".. but not stressed about it.. just wondering..
i once had 22 days of delay but that was not only my case.. it happened after an intensive process of 21 days done in India and some other friends of mine had the same delay as a consequence of deep releases..
so now, i am wondering if this delay is due to more energy moving up in the system...?
also noticed that the monthly flow last 3 days at the most and is very light, pure and thin..and the PMS have been much more comfortable..
periods have become a moment of increased energy and awareness..
i should mention that i suffer from no health problems of any kind and had no sexual relation since my last periods..
has anyone experienced something similar?

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2010 :  10:06:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi swaha,
You don't mention your age which would have an impact on the regularity of your cycle. Generally if you are in your late 30s (and beyond, up to menopause) it's possible to have some natural occasional irregularity in the cycle and in the duration of menses. If you are younger there may be a gynecological or medical reason, often benign, or due to stress, big change in lifestyle, or nutrition, all which can temporarily alter the cycles. Of course you would also want to rule out the possibility of pregnancy! Another thing to consider is change in weight. Depending on your height and frame a change of 20 or more pounds might impact your cycles and it's relatively common for women who are very obese or very thin to have altered or no cycles at all. Otherwise I feel that your yoga practices would certainly impact the cycles and certainly effect the symptoms of PMS. I don't have direct knowledge but I have heard of women who practice intense yogic methods losing their menstrual periods entirely. The nervous system which is directly affected by yogic practices is very closely tied to the hormonal system to state it briefly. Hope this helps a bit.
Go to Top of Page

swaha

Lebanon
88 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2010 :  01:53:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi LittleTurtle

there are no physiological reason of any kind that i suspect might have caused this delay.. also i went through much more stressful times before, but it has never affected my cycle..
i asked my gynecologist on the phone and he mentionned the stress also.. and asked if i was on drugs.. to both questions the answer was negative..
he suggested we wait for 4 more days..
7 years ago I was operated on for ovarian cyst, but i did a check up with the doctor 4 months ago and everything was ok..
this is why i have decided to post here and see if anyone has had any similar experience..
thank you for mentionning the close relationship between nervous and hormonal systems.. that may be a possibility...
i'll wait 2 more days and see what happens.

thanks anyway!

love

Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2010 :  4:17:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Make sure you get a thyroid blood test just to be sure, but most likely you are correct in suspecting that yoga practices play a part. Good luck to you.
Go to Top of Page

swaha

Lebanon
88 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2010 :  4:49:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank u LT :)

it seems i have the PM symptoms at last!
after almost 3 weeks of delay..
some emotional downs and releases today
i forgot to mention that 2 months ago, i had
an intense opening triggered by an awakened being..
the opening happened in the crown and was quite a trauma
then the energy has - externally - been directed trough the ajna and i felt relieved and peaceful...like silence after the storm..
but the body felt frozen and shivering for about 20 minutes afterwards..
after this event, i got 3 days delayed periods and this month, 3 weeks delay (hopefully! still waiting...!)
i don't think diet has much to do with it and anyway, the diet was reasonable and flexible..as usual..

i keep on watching..

love

Edited by - swaha on Oct 26 2010 4:52:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

swaha

Lebanon
88 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2010 :  09:08:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
after 19 days of delay, it finally happened!
to my great surprise, no pain at all, not even tiredness...
just the opposite..
"it" happened right after sufi whirling... i felt sick for other reasons - intense fear - for the past days..
sick to the point i was starting to get worried.. but it all shifted from darkness to light in one day...
i can hardly describe the shift at all levels...
also this week-end was probably a crutial one..
from now on, i have decided to practice exclusively sufi rituals..
that includes breathing, whirling and zikhr..
i will drop the yoga technique i have been practising for 5 years now..
i say goodbye to it.. it served me enough..
now, time for the Heart.......
time to let the natural flow fully spread its wings and melt in nothingness...
la ilaha illalla hu.......

in peace.......
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  9:39:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds wonderful Swaha. Sufi whirling has always intrigued me. Please do let us know how it goes.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000