Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 EFT- Emotional Freedom Techniques
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2006 :  10:04:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I don't have any experience with this, but it looks good. it's supposed to be good for removing emotional blockages, pain, disease. What it consists of is tapping your fingers at acupuncture points. You can download the beginning technique for free (79 page .pdf file with drawings!), or there are a series of DVD's for $60 that license you to copy them for your friends.

http://www.emofree.com/

Does anyone have any experience with this?

sean

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2006 :  11:56:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit sean's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was resistant to working with EFT for awhile, because I felt the points were kind of arbitrary. I thought there must be something simpler at work behind the scenes, like maybe just basic sensory bridging (see "come to your senses") and the specific points and philosophy behind them were just trappings. But it does work. I often do EFT before I meditate these days and it helps clear up a few thick layers of the onion before I go into the subtler stuff. Sometimes I spontaneously add my own points, but the basic sequence works great on it's own.

http://www.thetaobums.com/forum
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2006 :  08:56:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks Sean. I'm trying it.
I asked an acupuncturist once about finding the points, and he said first you learn the approximate location of them. Then as you work with them you get an intuitive feel that "something is different" at that spot, like the skin feels rougher, or a tiny dent.
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2006 :  5:04:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
Yes I have used EFT with good results.I stopped a lifetime nail biting habit in 1 session of 10 minutes.I have treated several people with a fear of flying successfully and I treated a lady with obssesive eating disorder.It is an excellent technique which improves with experience.
L&L
Dave

'the mind can see further than the eyes'
Go to Top of Page

NatanEpsilon

Fyro Macedonia
21 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2010 :  08:37:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi there,

I have wonderful results with EFT. I remove some old emotional blocks with a few sessions. I found that the tapping itself without using the affirmation is very powerful also. The affirmation is a sort of holding a button in order not to resist on the whole process. But when someone gets experienced in this, than the affirmation is not longer necessary, in my opinion.

Best,
Natan
Go to Top of Page

Kavelian

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2010 :  9:17:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey,

I have used EFT in the past. It helped me a lot. I use to determine what acupressure points to tap on using muscle testing. Eventually I ran out of emotional blocks to tap on as painful emotional situations started leaving my life(for the most part). It was a very good preparation to AYP for me.

Kavelian
Go to Top of Page

BuddhiHermit

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2010 :  5:14:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit BuddhiHermit's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I too, have used EFT successfully; so much so, that I took training in it. It does not always work, as you really need to be ready to change first, and not all clients are there yet.

I even used it successfully via visualising the tapping.

It's an excellent tool for purification.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000