AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 ego death extravaganza!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2010 :  1:44:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

Its that time again. Ego death time....

I can feel it squirming, its been coming out of its hole lately and its pissed! Damn, as many times as one goes through this process its still an adventure. Body goes through rapid change, massive energy spikes, crazy mind stuff leaking out, rapid mood changes, extreme emotions.

I know not everyone goes through this type of thing periodically, but there are certainly those of us that do.

Anybody else go "crazy" periodically as transitions occur?

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2010 :  2:08:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey TTN

This is a prime example of when to self-pace. I too occasionally have the feeling that I am "going crazy" when I am going through some heavy purification...this is when I HAVE to self pace. If I don't, I risk hurting both myself and others around me. Take it easy on the practices right now, make a special effort to get a lot of physical exercise, and eat heavier. This is what seems to help me release my case of "the crazies"

Love!
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2010 :  2:23:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good advice, as always, Carson.

I wish I could go all primal, get into the forest somewhere and just let it all go crazy. If I had some ayahuasca or mushrooms i would definitely eat them now!!!

I always have trouble eating enough during these periods, so I will definitely concentrate on getting enough calories in my system (tangential question: does high pranic activity ramp up metabolism or what?!?!)

I drank a couple beers last night just cause i thought i was going to lose it if i didn't. Hehehehe.... strangely enough it seems to work quite well in keeping the energy from exploding through my crown when i try to get some zzzzzs.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2010 :  2:53:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey TTN

quote:
Originally posted by tonightsthenight

I wish I could go all primal, get into the forest somewhere and just let it all go crazy. If I had some ayahuasca or mushrooms i would definitely eat them now!!!

I have found that doing hallucinogens at a time like this causes one of two things to happen/not-happen:
1. I go even crazier and it takes me a LONG time (like a month) to recover energetically. Or,
2. They do nothing. I ate 7 grams (1/4 ounce) of liberty cap mushrooms during a time like this once and was driving my car 3 hours later. Never felt a thing.

quote:

I always have trouble eating enough during these periods, so I will definitely concentrate on getting enough calories in my system (tangential question: does high pranic activity ramp up metabolism or what?!?!)

I have basically stopped eating red meat (again), but I find that eating red meat (steak, hamburgers, stuff like that) during periods of "the crazies" really helps to pull the energy downwards. I also find swimming, skateboarding, wrestling/ju jitsu, and even golfing can help tremendously.

quote:

I drank a couple beers last night just cause i thought i was going to lose it if i didn't. Hehehehe.... strangely enough it seems to work quite well in keeping the energy from exploding through my crown when i try to get some zzzzzs.

I find the exact same thing. I still enjoy a beer or two every so often even when not in "crazy-land", but I find a few brews during times of excessive purification can really help to smooth things out.

Obviously these suggestions will not work for everyone. But they certainly help me, and I would suspect that they might help you as well. The main thing is to back off of practices for a while though. I find this the most difficult part to do. But I have tried it both ways. Keeping up with practices and loading up on grounding exercises, and backing off of practices in combination with loading up on grounding exercises. Much more success with the latter in my experience.

Hope this helps a little, and best of luck to you

Love!

Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2010 :  4:45:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I know what you mean with the hallucinogens... i really don't find the mushroom-state of consciousness to be all that different from normal consciousness anymore. it's a little more magical, a little more fairytale-ish, but the ongoing inner dialogue is straight up silent witness.

The mushrooms DO precipitate ego death, however. The ego just can't hold on as you come into the trip. That's really what I'm after, because the deep, dark ego is like a demon when it gets cornered! This morning i had a huge mood swing when i woke up and I just went berserk. I looked in the mirror and i've never looked so terrifying in all my life. Ego truly is the devil!

7 grams and nothing? were they fresh or dried? That's enough to send you out of your body. I wonder if they were for sure liberty caps then?

I think i'll get out for a run in the forest. And i'll go heavy on the meals, definitely some meat.

cheers, Carson
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2010 :  8:55:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey TTN

quote:

The mushrooms DO precipitate ego death, however. The ego just can't hold on as you come into the trip.

I know exactly what you mean. The second last time I did mushrooms I did 1.9 grams and had 6 full hours of complete Unity. Complete ego dissolution for a full 6 hours. BUT, the next weekend I did the exact same thing....1.9 grams, same mushrooms, same set and setting, same activity even, and all I got was some gut rot. I've come to the conclusion that Grace has a large part to play in "tripping".

quote:

7 grams and nothing? were they fresh or dried?

Nothing. And they were dried.

quote:

That's enough to send you out of your body. I wonder if they were for sure liberty caps then?

100% for sure. And I had done the same mushrooms several times before and had been to outer space and back on as little as half a gram. Again, I REALLY think Grace has a big part to play here.

quote:

I think i'll get out for a run in the forest. And i'll go heavy on the meals, definitely some meat.

And don't forget to pace yourself with your practices!

quote:

cheers, Carson

Cheers Bro

Love!
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2010 :  02:16:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Its that time again. Ego death time....

Ego can't die.

Because it has no existence.

Go to Top of Page

yogazord

India
6 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2010 :  3:23:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If i were you,
i would stop using the hallucinogens and just stick to the meditation.

I use to love the hallucinogens A WHOLE LOT,
because they always gave me egodeath,
but last time really ****ed me up... even though I had a blissfull egodeath during that trip.

I think psychedelics can loosen things up faster than you can handle.
Meditation, being sober, is probably safer in the long run and it can also help you advance more quickly into the state of Ego-death.

Because when you keep reaching back to the psychedelics,
you are resisting to let go...

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2010 :  3:36:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi yogazord

quote:
Originally posted by yogazord

when you keep reaching back to the psychedelics,
you are resisting to let go...

I agree with everything you said, other then the quoted sentence above. I don't think using psychedelics necessarily means you are resisting letting go, although it could. Using psychedelics just means you are using psychedelics. There are infinite numbers of reasons one may choose to use a psychedelic.

Love!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000