New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2006 :  4:56:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ether said:
quote:
I just tend to go to silence and stay there.

Yep me too... sometimes I am lost for quiet some time before I realize what I am doing... and get back to it... like I was unconscious or sleeping or something...

Edited by - Shanti on Mar 09 2006 4:58:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2006 :  10:13:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I feel conscious, but of nothing and it's peaceful and I like it. In order for me to remember the series of words, i have to not let go of them all the way. Because if I fully let go of one of them, I don't come back, and that's the end of that session- 20 minutes later. I tried continuing with the next word after that, but then I'm gone again another 20 minutes.
So after three words that way, I decided I wasn't doing it right, and now I hang on to this side and try to let go on the other side at the same time.
Not what I feel like doing, but i can get through them all.
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2006 :  10:39:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ether,

The way I have remembered the list of sutras is in 2 groups, 5 in the first group and 4 in the second, and how they are ordered in each group, and given them numbers:

Group 1:
1. Love
2. Radiance
3. Unity
4. Health
5. Strength

Group 2:
1. Abundance
2. Wisdom
3. Inner Sensuality
4. Akasha – Lightness of Air

Then I can let go completely of one sutra by just remembering what group I was in and what number I was on, and then go to the next number when I pick the next.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2006 :  10:50:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have any problem remembering what one I was on, or the order.
I have a problem remembering what I was doing, and that there's something I have to finish!

once I remember I was doing something, I can come back and finish. The words seem to be in a logical order to me, like they're telling a story.

It's just that the instructions were something like letting it go into the silence. When I let go into the silence I forget where I am and what I am doing.

Edited by - Etherfish on Mar 09 2006 10:54:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2006 :  11:25:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I understand. I have been close to forgetting also what I was doing if I wait too long between them, but in 15 seconds I can usually not get into that deep silence that I forget completely.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2006 :  04:38:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jim
I enjoyed your post. Thank you!

You wrote:
quote:
Yes, for me as well. But AYP has fixed it. Thanks to my practice I very rarely feel lonely, because my heart's open and I'm aware of moving through a sea of love (and I'm not a very warm/fuzzy guy, and I've not gone on some wild bhakti tangent). I'm rarely bored or lonely, because each moment feels permeated with the most exquisite intimacy. Well, maybe not EACH moment...I still revert to my more conditioned patterns fairly often, but never for long and never real "stuck".

This is exactly how I feel. That is why I feel so blessed
I didn't know of AYP, but the silence in me got me there anyway. And after 4 weeks of AYP I know I am exactly in the right place when it comes to practises. Finally!!

May all your Nows be Here
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2006 :  11:47:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It appears (unless I've gotten my facts wrong) that you're in the blush of a kundalini awakening. The challenge will be to diligently continue your practices as a lot of the ecstatic fireworks fade. The juiciness of openings doesn't last, and when it subsides, it's easier for the old conditioning to resume. It can feel like quite a letdown, but practice will get you through.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2006 :  12:53:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think we missed Melissa's question. So I am going to post it again.. Maybe somebody could help.
Melissa said:
quote:
Boy, this thread sure has gotten around . . . samyama to witness to who knows where - hahahaha.

Touching on the samyama topic again, it [PRACTICE OF SAMYAMA] is really getting intense for me! I believe I related this experience a few months ago in a response to one of Jim's posts where I described a kind of "tickling sensation" while reciting the sutras. It's still tickling! In a very teasing / sort of erotic way! I don't really know how to put this politely, but it's really driving me crazy! Interestingly, I have started wearing a rudraksha mala two days ago and I wonder if this has anything to do with it. Hmmmm. I almost feel like I need to label an "R rating" on this post. Do I continue as I am? Do I need to modify anything?

AND
quote:
Yes; I at least TRY to go into silence, meanwhile, someone keeps "tickling" me! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2006 :  1:17:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Melissa & Shanti:

If we have some symptoms in samyama that are erotic, that is how it goes. It is a common occurrence with just about any of the AYP practices -- it's even covered in the Deep Meditation book. The symptoms will pass as our purification progresses in that area, and then it all goes higher. Good things are happening!

If it gets to be too much, then some self-pacing of our practice will be in order. That could consist of taking a break from siddhasana, if using. If it is only the samyama, then you can at your option reduce the number of repetitions, or take a break from samyama for a few sessions until things settle down in your practice routine.

Grounding activity like regular physical exercise between sittings can also help smooth out the obstructions causing erotic friction.

This is not a permanent aspect of your practice -- only a phase of purification. It will pass and expand to become something much more in the realm of ecstatic bliss. Then you will be favoring your practice over that "scenery" too. So it goes, onward up the scale...

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  11:23:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hari Om
~~~~~~~~
quote:
Originally posted by Melissa

Boy, this thread sure has gotten around . . . re: samyama , Do I continue as I am? Do I need to modify anything?

Hello M,
For what it's worth, the less manipulation the better. Just be easy about it, enjoy the 'ride'. A new thing will show up and this experince will then move to another area. As I was taught , you will get many 'flavors' of the sutras along the way.
Key words -> simple, innocent. If this is how the consciousness is being expressed with the sutra, fine.
NOW, that said, if this is causing any undo discomfort ( sure doesn't sound like it ) then we simply let our awareness go to the sensation area. Just put the awareness there. W/O judgement, expectation, resolve, etc we just let the awareness be with that feeling for a bit and thats it. Let it 'consume it' be with it, then back to your practice.

Let me know if this serves the purpose.

agnir satyam rtam brhat
Frank in San-Diego

Edited by - Frank-in-SanDiego on Apr 03 2006 11:29:08 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000