AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Meditation during sleep
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2006 :  2:25:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This made me laugh when I woke up. Tuesday I had a sixteen hour work day, due to a business trip to Santa Maria. And I skipped meditations that day. I was stressed and exhausted when I got home and couldn’t unwind when I tried to sleep.

I had a dream that was as clear as if I was actually physically moving around while awake. In my dream, I sat up in bed, pushed a pillow up behind my back, crossed my legs, shut my eyes and straightened my back and started meditating “I AM I AM I AM”…. I continued my dream mediation and eventually woke up. Then I sat up and did my morning mediation.

I knew I was only dreaming because my pajamas were a different color…. I just thought it was funny that when I skipped a meditation and obviously needed one, that I did it while dreaming….

Light and Love,
Kathy

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2006 :  2:35:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kathy,
I think that was really awesome.. The fact that you missed your meditation must have been playing at the back of your head.. funny how things work..
I have to say Yogani has created a few Meditation Monsters out here...
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2006 :  3:35:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hee hee. You're right Shanti. It's funny how our mind doesn't let go of us even when we sleep...that's probably why we sometimes solve problems while sleeping, etc...

Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2006 :  6:24:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh yes, I've meditated in my dreams. I've also done yoga postures and gained the 'pranic' benefit of those postures.

Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2006 :  7:37:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
David, that is funny.

In this dream I also did asanas, including shoulder stands (probably not the right name..)and had fantastic energy current through the spine... Wouldn't mind having more dreams like that!

Go to Top of Page

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  9:34:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hari Om Tat Sat
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Kathy, folks, I have nothing more to add on this, but thought to share that sleep/dreaming is the most enjoyable part of my day...
boy do I need a hobby or what, eh?I meet and see all kinds of folks, end up in temples, meet saints, meditate, meditate about meditatating... I relly enjoy all the activities that are presented. Most of this comes just before rising in the AM... I am able to 'watch' as the story unfolds.

I am sure all of you have wonderful dreams, and at times not so wonderful. Yet, I will get one that will 'impress' itself into my memory that will last days, weeks. I have one that happened 10 years ago that still is vivid and inscribed on nerons of memory.

What is cool is what the Upanishads say where the SELF resides while in deep sleep and its location.... if interest, we can discuss.

agnir satyam rtam brhat
Frank in San-Diego
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  10:14:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I find your story very touching, Kathy. Like some unknown part of yourself is taking care of you when you're too tired to do so. I often wake up during the night and find my legs in a yoga posture - most frequently with my right knee bent, and the bottom of my right foot touching the inside of the left thigh, as high as it will go. No idea how it got there or for how long. There's something intimate about this too - makes me feel on very close terms with myself. :)
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  08:11:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Meg, sounds like tree pose. http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/po...ages/28b.jpg
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  12:32:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's right, Jim. Or in this case, a felled tree. It feels exotic, like the buxom goddesses we see swaying in stone in the museums, with garlands and skulls and one leg raised and all blissed out. But I'm just sleeping.

Edited by - Manipura on Apr 03 2006 12:34:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  2:15:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow. That was hot!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000