Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Now what's going on ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2010 :  05:24:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have lost the will or the need to tell anecdotes. I float in and out of conversations as if I no longer have any relevance to them, it's as though I am transparent, like a ghost listening to others speak without judgement.

Some things I hear such as a guy I met recently saying how he was glad he had made proper plans and provisions for his pension by making the right choice of career path. I knew I was hearing an echo from my own mind, something now disconnected but returning like a ripple on the shore line of consciousness. It made me laugh.

Last night I watched a programme about saving tigers in a remote part of the Himalayas. Watching others wrapped up in something they were doing was mildly puzzling, an obsession, it seemed like they were trying to save a mist that simply vanishes when the Sun rises and they couldn't understand why. The Tigers certainly didn't care, they just went about their business.

This is something new to me, it introduces a deeper level of stillness which allows the feeling that I'm beginning to view the skelteton over which an illusion has been stretched, the workings behind what I experience. Neither good or bad it just is.

Does this make sense ?

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2010 :  06:48:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It reminds me of these lines from the song 'Return to innocence' by Enigma.

That's not the beginning of the end

That's the return to yourself

The return to innocence

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2010 :  07:43:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

Does this make sense ?

Does to me.

Welcome to witnesshood...
Thanks for sharing!!!

quote:

http://www.aypsite.org/327.html
Assuming one is engaged in daily deep meditation, here are five stages of mind that self-inquiry may play itself upon as we move along in our development:

Pre-Witnessing – Information and intellectual assessments about truth provide inspiration, and a tendency to build mental castles in the air, ideas reacting with ideas, which is non-relational self-inquiry. So we do what is necessary to cultivate the witness.

Witnessing – Perceiving the world, our thoughts and feelings as objects separate from Self. It is the beginning of relational self-inquiry, chosen or not.

Discrimination – The reversal of identification by logical choices based on direct perception rooted in stillness. This is more advanced relational self-inquiry which is able to discern the real from the unreal.

Dispassion – Rise of the condition of no judgment and no attachment. The process of self-inquiry becoming automatic to the point of all objects and self-inquiry itself being constantly dissolved in the witness.

Unity – The merging of subject and object: "I am That. You are That. All this is That." Ongoing outpouring divine love and service to others as universal Self.

PS: As you see above, this is a phase... a phase of unlearning all our judgements and our conditioned way of thinking.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2010 :  10:41:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,

Yes, I understand.

I have read that list before and thought that each stage had a defined border, now I realise that was wrong, it is transitional, everything happening at once with some parts developing more quickly.

Now I know the beginnings of bliss.......not what I expected at all !! Very far from the sedate, chilled out state I once imagined.

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2010 :  10:44:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

I have read that list before and thought that each stage had a defined border, now I realise that was wrong, it is transitional, everything happening at once with some parts developing more quickly.

Now I know the beginnings of bliss.......not what I expected at all !! Very far from the sedate, chilled out state I once imagined.

Lovely!!!

Yes, when experienced, none of the stages are like they are imagined to be, and if they are.. chances are high that we are still imagining it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000