Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Tingling scalp 24/7
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Medea

Netherlands
115 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2010 :  3:18:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello!

I'm experiencing some symptoms, and I was hoping somebody could offer some insight. 2 months ago I started the Deep Meditation and added Spinal Breathing quickly to balance the adverse effects out. Since I first sat down for meditation, I felt a pleasant tingling on my scalp. I didn't really pay attention to it at first, but I'm now at a point that my scalp tingles pretty much the whole day. Does it mean I'm going too fast? Premature crown openings are not on my to do list, so I really would like to avoid that kind of situation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2010 :  8:45:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have the same thing. It spreads too. Sometimes on the face and neck. Feels like a moth got caught on my scalp. I think it goes away after a while. I had it a few years ago, but now its back. I could have sworn once I even heard crackling like electric charging. There is a lesson that I think mentions what to do about excess symptoms: http://www.aypsite.org/69.html Another good one is: http://www.aypsite.org/160.html

Medically it resembles Formication which can be a symptom of other serious conditions, or even lead to mental issues. So follow your gut feel. If it lasts too long or is otherwise disruptive I would reduce practice and/or seek expert opinion.

Above all is not to encourage any sensations, but just notice them and move on. Life is itself the biggest sensation.

jo-self
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2010 :  11:40:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forums, Medea

quote:
Originally posted by Medea

Does it mean I'm going too fast?

It could mean that, but this isn't always the case. Other than the tingling, how do you feel in your daily life? How do you feel physically and emotionally? These are good indicators along with whatever energy experiences you might be having.

Best thing is to trust your intuition on it. It wouldn't hurt to cut down on practice time for a few weeks and see if the symptoms go away.

The links jo-self posted are good.

Hope your practices are going well

Peace
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Medea

Netherlands
115 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  03:28:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey guys,

thanks for the welcome and the replies! My feeling is that it is some kind of energy effect, and not the result of a 'physical defect'. The feeling increases in intensity as soon as I sit down for my pranayama and lingers in a milder form during the day. I've also noticed increases when I'm doing asana, or if I'm reading spiritual literature.

Outside of the practice I'm pretty much fine, so that's not the problem. I'm already on a light practice (5 mins. SB, 10 mins. DM), so i'll wait a bit longer before I decide to cut back or not. It isn't disturbing and sometimes feels rather nice:) My only concern was that it could be an indication of too much energy in the scalp area, which could possibly lead to a premature crown opening. I'm still hoping that's not the case.

Jo-self, thanks for sharing your experience. I hear the crackling too, but I always interpreted them as sudden releases in the neck/scalp muscles. I prefer the description of the feeling like 'god is tickling my head' instead of the insects crawling. Yikes!

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  07:00:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Media,

I would not be too concerned about it. If you are doing the practices as described in the main lessons then there should not be a problem. The activation of the crown chakra is a natural part of both spinal breathing and deep meditation, and usually happens only when the time is right. The only exception to this would be for someone who came to AYP with an already destabilized crown, probably due to previous spiritual practices.

If your symptoms develop into much more expansive activity at the crown, and you are finding that you are experiencing enegry problems outside of practices, then let us know. Otherwise I would assume everything is fine, and opening just as it should.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000