Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Bhagavan Kriya (Moscow now (wow!))
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Narayana

Russia
3 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  9:12:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Narayana's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
http://kriya.realms.biz/eng/index.html

Jai Ma!

Pls, post your experiences trying
this wonderful training!
http://kriya.realms.biz/eng/bhk/ph2.htm

Yours,

Narayana

Edited by - AYPforum on Jul 16 2010 9:15:41 PM

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2010 :  12:20:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Narayana,
Thank you very much for posting this post. You have certainly given me something to think about considering that the AYP spinal breathing and Norman Paulsen's form of spinal breathing seem to follow the same reversed direction of the natural flow of the breath. Also, JJ Semple's "Backward Flowing Method" talks about reversing the flow of the breath . link: http://www.goldenflowermeditation.c..._method.html

Now you have me thinking about a few things and now I have a few questions...

In the forms of spinal breathing that I am familiar with, the attention (AYP) or a 'feeling of breathing' (Kriya) starts at the base of the spine during inhalation and ends at the brow (ajna). Then, upon exhalation this flow is led back to the base of the spine.

On one of the pages on Bhagavan Kriya, it shows the reversed mental breath flow coming into the body through the nose and then progressing upwards through the nose to the brow: (the graphic on the upper right hand corner of this page: http://kkyoga.netfirms.com/ ) Is this more effective than starting at the base of the spine and then going up to the ajna as in these instructions: (#6 on this page: http://kriya.realms.biz/eng/bhk/ph2.htm )? Does it matter which one you do? What would happen if you followed the whole path from the nostrils to the root and then from root to nostrils, making a rounded path like a cobra standing up? Is it important to stop at the brow?

One last question: On your website you state that this method has worked for you. Have you gained enlightenment using this techinque alone? Have you gained any siddhis (miracle powers) as a result?

Thank you so much..

:)
TI

And for anyone else doing AYP practices, Narayana's technique recommends to strive for 24 hour, until it becomes permanent. Because Spinal Breathing and Bhagavan Kriya breathing are so similar, I have to ask: Can or should a person try to do AYP Spinal Breathing as much as one can during the day, gradually increasing the durations to be a 'whole day practice'? Wouldn't that overload you?

:)
Go to Top of Page

Narayana

Russia
3 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2010 :  03:19:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Narayana's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TC!
Thanks for your nice questions!

Well, BK is not in the same category of visualization as rest of the Kriya in the world.

There is no visualization. You have to come to this point.

1. First step is to develop a strait perception of the single reflex in right hand http://kriya.realms.biz/eng/bhk/1rh.gif.
It is a first digit of memory needed to build a complex of I'm-ness in AUTOMATIC flow.

Without that digit of perception the needed discrimination will never starts. You really have to remember that perception to build on it later.

When you will be back with your experience of that memory digit stable and directly pointed, I'll tell you what is next.

Sorry, but I have no right to answer how develops other kriya perception, as I have no idea how to experience it from the point of visualization.

Edited by - Narayana on Jul 17 2010 04:38:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

newtoayp

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  11:12:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit newtoayp's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Narayana,

I have been reading your website with great interest. Would appreciate if you can answer some questions or point to resources:

1. How did you "find" this technique? Was it based on the Gita verse you quoted? And it was originally called Krishna's Kriya on this basis (before Sri Anandamayi Maa named it as Bhagavan Kriya)?

2. When you are imagining the opposite of in and out breaths - are you deepening or altering your breath or you are simply "watching" as in Anapanasati?

I try to imagine "breathing out" while inhaling and "breathing in" while exhaling but seem to have some issues:

- I find that this mental breathing is clearer and easier when I extend breath i.e. make the breaths longer.
- Not sure why, but there is pressure in stomach and a slight uneasiness while performing the Kriya unlike the Spinal Breathing or Lahiri Mahasaya's first Kriya. Any idea what I could be doing wrong or is this natural in the beginning stages?
- Is the Kriya meant to practiced at all times till it becomes natural - i.e. eating, sleeping, working etc. or it is advisable as a sitting practice?

Also the mental breathing part, I "imagine" in many ways:

- Like a light moving in opposite direction in and out of the nose as the physical breath.
- Like a mental awareness that thinks it is "breathing" in the opposite direction without any light/visualization.
- Sometimes concentrate on the movement of the abdomen. Once I start reverse breathing the Taoist way, it seems to help me "mentally" breathe as required in Bhagavan Kriya.

Any advice/pointers?
Go to Top of Page

Narayana

Russia
3 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  07:54:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Narayana's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
1. How did you "find" this technique? Was it based on the Gita verse you quoted? And it was originally called Krishna's Kriya on this basis (before Sri Anandamayi Maa named it as Bhagavan Kriya)?

http://kkyoga.netfirms.com/bg4.html
As you can see the word “mentally” is missing… but it is VERY strange and to the shame of all Indian teachers nobody seems to be bothered.
2. When you are imagining the opposite of in and out breaths - are you deepening or altering your breath or you are simply "watching" as in Anapanasati?

Simply, NO. These “imagining the opposite” or simply "watching" both are not correct. You have to simulate mentally an impulse to breathe OUT when physically breathing IN; to the point when you feel that there is a real force behind you mental power. When you want to cross the road and suddenly spotting the car coming fast – you mentally forcing your body back to safety. In this situation there are not any of visualizations or observations, but only your mental power.

I try to imagine "breathing out" while inhaling and "breathing in" while exhaling but seem to have some issues:

- I find that this mental breathing is clearer and easier when I extend breath i.e. make the breaths longer.
Possibly, here your memory is not yet adjusted to do it fast for your expectations? That is normal.

- Not sure why, but there is pressure in stomach and a slight uneasiness while performing the Kriya unlike the Spinal Breathing or Lahiri Mahasaya's first Kriya. Any idea what I could be doing wrong or is this natural in the beginning stages?

BK is a way to neutralize the many abandoned reflexes in your body. At this starting stage, I think nobody can predict how it goes…

- Is the Kriya meant to practiced at all times till it becomes natural - i.e. eating, sleeping, working etc. or it is advisable as a sitting practice?

Well, BK meant to be an automatic process, fully emerged into your sub consciousness, to be exact to the point moving out of your attention completely. I often would say that the most powerful neutralization is coming in deep sleep and when you don’t remember about fully active BK in your body.

Also the mental breathing part, I "imagine" in many ways:

- Like a light moving in opposite direction in and out of the nose as the physical breath.
At first, you have to manage each direction independently. In-OUT, OUT-in.
- Like a mental awareness that thinks it is "breathing" in the opposite direction without any light/visualization.

When you will be able to test that neutral energy, you will try to collect it more and more. In many years doing BK I found that I can collect it in the body or swim in it feeling it outside. When Gurus are talking about Viveka – I always remember what are a lemon, sugar and something neutral, like milk or water.
When we are talking about the neutral consciousness it is something to be experienced correctly and without any uncertainty. That MUST be found, collected and used to bring a stable peace to the Planet.

- Sometimes concentrate on the movement of the abdomen. Once I start reverse breathing the Taoist way, it seems to help me "mentally" breathe as required in Bhagavan Kriya.

If you been keen to find that correspondence, it is good. As soon as you will find that BK is completely yours, you will be able to inject it into all your habits and projects.

Sincerely yours,

Narayana

Edited by - Narayana on Jul 19 2010 1:56:59 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000