Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Samyama really works!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

WhiteCrane38

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2006 :  10:04:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit WhiteCrane38's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I had a great experience when meditating this morning. I tried Samaya for only the second time and i was astounded by the results. After emailing Yogani not long ago detailing my experiences he indicated that i was ready for the Samyama stage, so i took his advice and gave it a go. The first time i had wasnt aware of any difference at the end of my meditation but the second time i easily picked up the Akasha – Lightness of Air one and as it sort of disappeared into the distance and unexpectedly came back at me in the form of light bubbles...lol...It was like bubbles of air running through my body and it felt great. I couldnt believe such a simple technique could have such a profound effect. I would be grateful for any feedback on this, is it i what should be experiencing? ..........Thanks.............WhiteCrane38.

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2006 :  2:21:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats! I agree! see http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=306

I'd suggest that you stay unattached to the gleeful, sensual results of samyama. It's just more of the "scenery" Yogani describes. Enjoy it in a detached, alert way, but realize that it's just scenery. One can get lost in the scenery if it becomes the thrust of one's practice. We do yoga to release the ties that bind, not to find new ties. My favorite line in all of AYP (and a concept that's been unbelievably helpful to me) is:

quote:

If [during practice] your ishta (your chosen ideal – Jesus, Krishna, Moses, Mohammed, Mother Divine, etc.) comes galloping up to you in a golden chariot, beckoning you to climb in and go for a ride, what do you do? You easily exhale and [return to practice]. In other words, you favor the practice you are doing.

Practice can offer devastatingly beautiful experiences, or they can sometimes go the other way, and make you feel anxious and oppressed. Observe. Witness. Continue practice. Let go. And let go of the bliss of letting go.

quote:
After emailing Yogani not long ago detailing my experiences he indicated that i was ready for the Samyama stage, so i took his advice and gave it a go.

Bear in mind that AYP is built upon the firm notion that one's inner guru gives better advice than any outer guru. And Yogani's opposed to being considered an outer guru, anyway (though he's generous to those who write to him). So you - and those reading along - might want to resist the natural impulse to look to Yogani's emails for subtle "indications" of what to do at any point. Better to take to heart his extensive writings on "self pacing", and his repeated urgings to look within for indications. He and others can offer their thoughts, but you have the sole responsibility for the self pacing decision of when to move on and when to hold back.

J&K

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Feb 03 2006 2:31:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

WhiteCrane38

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2006 :  02:12:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit WhiteCrane38's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tahnks for the advice Jim.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000