Yoga, Science and Philosophy
 An under the hood question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bill

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2006 :  4:00:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post here in the ayp forums although I have been reading Yogani's books for a while and am now diving deeply into the silence even though I am a long time practioner of inner work including tai chi chuan.
I have an under the hood question, and it concerns my interest in maintaining balance. The manipura is also called the solar plexus chakra, and I have heard that there is a lunar chakra or soma chakra in the head. Is this so and what would be its function.
I hope I have placed this question in the right place in the forum.
Thanks
Bill

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2006 :  8:07:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bill,

Welcome to the forum.

In regards to AYP, you won't find a lot of details on the inner workings of the chakras as you've noticed because it's considered to be under the hood and serves to distract us from the true purpose of our spiritual journey. We can get caught up on what this chakra does or that chakra does or how they make us feel as we move energy through them, but these experiences won't contribute to our getting to a place of clarity and wholeness.

The AYP lessons and practices are designed to take us in a balanced and safe way to this destination we all desire in our deepest heart of hearts. Balance will be achieved through proper self-paced application of the practices outlined by Yogani. It is not something you have to manage the details of, all you have to do is stick to your daily practices and routine and monitor yourself for signs of over-doing and self-pace when necessary.

Best of luck to you!

Anthem
Go to Top of Page

yogani99

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2006 :  11:31:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani99's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bill, and thanks Anthem. Good question and good answer.

I can add that if we are experiencing symptoms of heat or coolness (maybe both at the same time) in particular areas of the body, we regard them as scenery and easily go back to our practice. I mention this because the machinery is there (chakras, nadis, etc.) and we will notice its purification going on at some point. But the machinery itself is not necessarily the control mechanism. We use the shift lever to control the gears, not the gears to control the gears. Like that, we have our hands on the main controls in our practices, and need not be managing the detailed inner workings.

There is more on this from a different angle (chin pump discussion) just posted here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=763

Of course, if symptoms of purification become excessive and uncomfortable, then we apply the principle of self-pacing in our practices to keep things in balance for progress and comfort, just as we would ease up on the gas pedal temporarily when going into a sharp curve in the road.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Bill

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2006 :  8:14:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Yogani and Anthem for your replies. For now I am humming along just right with meditation and spinal breathing. I notice that I am noticing a bit of a feeling of quietness and sense of depth to consciousness even at work. Even if I get angry at while installing cabinets.
Bill
Go to Top of Page

mystiq

India
62 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2006 :  12:54:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit mystiq's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Bill I have read somewhere that the moon chakra in the head produces soma or cooling liquid which drips down, and the manipura being the seat of fire sends flames up which burn up the soma. The practice of kecheri mudra supposedly prevents the fire to burn the soma. This is all fictional to me as I have no personal experience.

mystiq
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000